Need Help Hiding my status

Because of a change in my life I have only like 1-2 hours of play time and as such I want to focus that narrow time window only for doing dailies.
    But my problem is that I have too many contacts who have been added via Real Id and they always wanna talk/chat etc.
    But since now I only have a limited time and I want to finish my dailies first without chitchatting.

My question is will changing my status option to "Away" will prevent others from seeing my online status ?

No, they'll just see you listed as online but afk. There's no way to do it with the ingame system alone. There are ways to do it using peerblockers and/or firewalls. I'd suggest googling it for instructions.

remove them. problem solved

Deleted
    You cant hide your status, but you can always set a message broadcast saying that you dont want to be disturbed.

The other two thing is remove them from your real id, and the last thing is just do remove the real id chat from your general window so you dont see people talking to you.

The "Away" status will show you as online but "Away".

Deleted
    Sometimes while playing, battle.net goes offline and i can't see my real id contacts anymore. If you can find a way to do this on purpose, you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    You cant hide your status, but you can always set a message broadcast saying that you dont want to be disturbed.

The other two thing is remove them from your real id, and the last thing is just do remove the real id chat from your general window so you dont see people talking to you.

The "Away" status will show you as online but "Away".
    " remove them from your real id"

I have removed the real id from one of my toons.
    Should I have to do this on all of my toons ?

Your Real ID is bound do your account, not your character. Removing from one removes from all.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

What happened to the offline mode? Werent they going to add it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I read something about blocking specific IP addresses with your firewall to block off the Battle.Net servers. Could give it a shot googling for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    What happened to the offline mode? Werent they going to add it?
    i was hopping to see that in 5.1 .....
    i hope it will be integrate soon, sometime i just wish people dont see me on when im playing

Turn off RealID. That's what I did when I stepped down as GM of the guild I led and no longer wanted to run into people asking me about this and that. Just write down their real names, character names, e-mail addresses (if you remember them), so you can contact them and re-establish RealID at a later date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindican View Post
    Turn off RealID. That's what I did when I stepped down as GM of the guild I led and no longer wanted to run into people asking me about this and that. Just write down their real names, character names, e-mail addresses (if you remember them), so you can contact them and re-establish RealID at a later date.
    Do this. Or just don't respond. Or get an auto-responder to say "busy".