View Poll Results: Method or Paragon for T-14 Champions?

Voters
134. This poll is closed
  • Method

47 35.07%
  • Paragon

87 64.93%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Who is the real Champion of Tier 14?

Okay to begin with, this is not a 25 man vs 10 man thread, simply a Who do you think is the real champion of Tier 14

As you may have seen, Method seems to be taking claim of being the champions of this raid tier, even though they have no World first kills, and Paragon has 2 of the 3 World first kills

I for one think Paragon should be considered the champions for this tier
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-12-12 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Zor'lok.
    He was simply awesome pre-Nerf!

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO 25 or 10 is the same, the point is who kill X heroic first not 10 or 25 man

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Okay to begin with, this is not a 25 man vs 10 man thread
    Actually, it seems that this is the only possible thing we could be evaluating. . .

My opinion - Method. Paragon would have have never acknowledged or given credit to the top 10 man guild (granted, there's never been a "Paragon of 10 man raiding" until this tier). Regardless, my opinion is that the 25 man race is the real race. I do greatly appreciate what Paragon has done and they are, obviously, still arguably one of the best guilds in the world.

Deleted
    Whoever killed it first, killed it first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    this^
    /10char

Two guilds killed two different bosses "first" though. . . Which I assume is why this thread exists =)

Deleted
    At OP: I don't see how you can possibly state this is not a 10 vs 25 man thread as there would be no discussion who the best guild is if paragon were 25 man.

On topic though, I'd say paragon. I don't experience 25 man harder than 10 man is in pure gameplay, the difference is that is harder to find 25 top notch players as opposed to 10 top notch player.

If Paragon had not stated last tier that they didn't count 10 man in the race then I might say Paragon was the real champ. However if the top 10m guild states that 10m doesn't count well then I suppose it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    It needs more time for Method to be reckognized as more than just winning on Sha.

IF Blood Legion had won you can be 100% sure the forums would have been spammed with that fat BL guy meme saying "paragon not raiding anymore, world first guys!!", and I don't see why Method should/would be treated any differently.
    that or that US gets a 1 day headstart if anyone grabs a kill within 24 hours of BL killing it, there's the debate that BL had x hours headstart so isnt really a world first, which i have to agree on(and loads wouldn't therefore creating the 100 page debate(flamewar)), if i race usain bolt and i get a 7 second headstart....yes i'm going to cross the line first but doesn't give any idea who was the fastest which is what should matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    It needs more time for Method to be reckognized as more than just winning on Sha.
    Are you suggesting Method is not a "household name"? (genuinely asking as that's how I interpret your post)

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    , if i race usain bolt and i get a 7 second headstart
    Except in this case, your race would have been stopped when you hit the 80m mark and you would have started a fresh equal race

(ie. mid reset changes eliminate that "head start" - again, in this particular situation)
    Last edited by Dubalicious; 2012-12-12 at 03:20 AM.

But you're making it sound like Paragon has got every single world first they have ever gone for, when that isn't that case (though it is pretty darn close). Sure, they are wildly successful and have gathered numerous World firsts, but you can say the same about Method, BL, Vodka, Stars, etc. with slightly less world firsts. (I'm not trying to discount Paragon in any way, more trying to give credit to other guilds who have performed at the same relative level for the same amount of time, or longer)

(ugh, sorry if I sound like I'm arguing with you - I'm not, you have great points)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Except in this case, your race would have been stopped when you hit the 80m mark and you would have started a fresh equal race

(ie. mid reset changes eliminate that "head start" - again, in this particular situation)
    only for sha, what about empress? or will? i dont see how the race was stopped BL just had a clear headstart, well except vizier of course, but yeh generally BL doesn't make the best of their headstart.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2012-12-12 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    only for sha, what about empress? or will? i dont see how the race was stopped BL just had a clear headstart.
    Well maybe we're lucky that Sha is the only one that really matters then.

I did say, and you quoted "again, only in this particular case" - referring ONLY to Sha. I could see how that wasn't perfectly clear though and how you may have thought I was referring to the current tier as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my mind only 25 man matters & majortiy of the hardcore raiding community agrees. If Paragon goes back to 25man I wouldn't be surprised if 10man gets thrown back into the shadows. Only reason 10 man is getting noticed cause Paragon is running 10man.

/Just my 2 cents
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If Paragon had not stated last tier that they didn't count 10 man in the race then I might say Paragon was the real champ. However if the top 10m guild states that 10m doesn't count well then I suppose it doesn't count.
    ^ This, IMO method Won!

I think that they both won in their own categories.

I have to admit though that seeing Method saying "We're all happy to be at the number 1 spot now", made me like and respect them less. It is one thing to let the internets bicker it out over who is on top, but it is another to claim your own crown when you were clearly not the first people to kill a boss, and arguably not world first. Didn't like that much.

My vote now goes without hesitation to Paragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    "We're all happy to be at the number 1 spot now"
    It's in an interview specifically addressing their World First 25 man kill on a website that doesn't try to hide their preference for the 25 man race over the 10 man race.

They *were* the first guild to kill H-Sha 25 man, that's an absolute fact.

I personally don't see the statement as "classless" or "arrogant" one bit =/

good i got some world first because of beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    It's in an interview specifically addressing their World First 25 man kill on a website that doesn't try to hide their preference for the 25 man race over the 10 man race.

They *were* the first guild to kill H-Sha 25 man, that's an absolute fact.

I personally don't see the statement as "classless" or "arrogant" one bit =/
    i think it actually is pretty "classless" as u put it to shamelessly selfpromote urself claiming ur the best witch can easily be argued to be untrue by opening one page http://www.wowprogress.com/ ( i dont care whos 25man whos 10man all the same s**t)