Deleted

Balance druid pvp?

I'm just starting out with balance pvp and I don't even know how to gear it or anything? Can anyone help me out? I'll probobly farm all the gear during the holidays, as for the peices as I see it it looks like I should go 4/5 balance and the hands on resto is this correct? and for all Off-set gear? What would I go after? Any pointers would help, googled it but got some usless info.
    And a follow-up question I found this from guides, and for all reasons I only need 6% hit there's no chance I would need 8 or 9 as it was like in wotlk? I just came back to the game.
    6% Spell Hit (Hit | Spirit) > PvP Power > Intellect > PvP Resilience > Haste > Mastery > Crit
    How much haste do I need? Should I go for 5273 like in pve? So I get an extra tick off? And why is crit so usless in pvp? But in pve it's bis.

Deleted
    Don't play Balance in the arena. We are only viable in RBGs. I play Balance in the arena and I have a hard time against most players. Symbiosis is useless, unless you play with 2-3 specific classes. I'm thinking of going back to feral or restoration. Restoration is so good by the way. You can leave the HoTs running, while you CC and finish it off with a nice burst from HotW.

Deleted
    I'm not really going anything serious mostly bg's with some irl friends etc for fun, but will be getting full pvp gear, it's mostly have something to do outside raid times. but dont know what gear etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    Don't play Balance in the arena. We are only viable in RBGs. I play Balance in the arena and I have a hard time against most players. Symbiosis is useless, unless you play with 2-3 specific classes. I'm thinking of going back to feral or restoration. Restoration is so good by the way. You can leave the HoTs running, while you CC and finish it off with a nice burst from HotW.
    Dont listen to this guy. He cant play, obviously. Seeing that he think you can HoT a player up, cc another and kill the last with HotW makes me laugh so bad. Gl doing that over your 1300 mmr cap.
    Symbiosis is NOT useless, it brings a lot to the table for you AND your partners.

Balance got insane burst damage with cds, and thats really what the game is about atm, BURST THE ENEMY TO OBLIVION. We also have nice survivability, actually insanely nice.

The stat priority you listed looks like it's from Cata. In MoP, in the current gear you want to be stacking Crit since you can't stack Haste high enough to where the extra ticks make a difference. After that it's a matter of choice how much Haste you get. I prefer Haste over Mastery, to benefit from decreased cast times. Mastery only works when you're in Eclipse. There is no Haste cap in PvP, at least not with the current gear.
    As for which set, again the 4/5 with other set gloves is something from Cata. I just went 5/5 balance set and I've based that off of a couple high-level boomkin armory pages that I was able to find. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...niumz/advanced is one example.
    Also, in the current gear you want to stack PvP power in the blue gem slots.

Note: I noticed some players getting the Kodohide legs, which have Crit/Haste as secondary stats.
    Last edited by Norjak; 2012-12-08 at 04:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Dont listen to this guy. He cant play, obviously. Seeing that he think you can HoT a player up, cc another and kill the last with HotW makes me laugh so bad. Gl doing that over your 1300 mmr cap.
    Symbiosis is NOT useless, it brings a lot to the table for you AND your partners.

Balance got insane burst damage with cds, and thats really what the game is about atm, BURST THE ENEMY TO OBLIVION. We also have nice survivability, actually insanely nice.
    It's not that I think this is the only thing it takes to go Resto. It's obviously much more. Also please watch the way you write, before insulting someone. It's not like we are arguing over something important. I'm saying my opinion, you're saying yours. I speak from my experience as a balance druid in 2s since cata. I play mostly for fun, not for rating. Actually I never had a decent combo to begin with. So watch your mouth.

Deleted
    I would also like to pvp (BGs/rBGs) as Balance druid, but I have no idea how to cast 2.7 sec Starfire on my opponent (ok, with some haste i can do it in 2.3 or 2.2 secs, which is still easily to avoid/counterspell/silence ...)? Also how to manage this unpractic/boring mechanics with Eclipse in terms ov PvP?
    Maybe i'm a noob, but for my point of view, both: Moonkin and Feral have the most complicated mechanics in game.
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2012-12-07 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    It's not that I think this is the only thing it takes to go Resto. It's obviously much more. Also please watch the way you write, before insulting someone. It's not like we are arguing over something important. I'm saying my opinion, you're saying yours. I speak from my experience as a balance druid in 2s since cata. I play mostly for fun, not for rating. Actually I never had a decent combo to begin with. So watch your mouth.
    So if you never had a decent comp, or any decent rating, how can you then say balance isnt viable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    So if you never had a decent comp, or any decent rating, how can you then say balance isnt viable?

Please explain how is it strong in 2s. "Viable" is a subjective term. Of course a high-skilled player will be able to progress easier than others. But just because a small amount of players can reach 2k in 2v2, that does not mean that the spec is strong. Mages, warriors, warlocks can climb the ladders without much effort, just because they are so good. If you disagree, feel free to explain why Balance is good in 2vs2 and why anyone would pick Balance over, Frost, Destro, Shadow.