Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    lol joke? As a spriest I have 35 key binds that I actively use every game. You have to be able to quick swap targets to dot then swap to allies for shield/pom/renew then swap back and cc focus target. I rember when I started playing spriest back in wotlk. I had around 10 key binds at 2100 rating. I went up to 20 key binds and instantly climbed up to 2250 in one day. Now im at 35.
    The same can be said for literally -every- class. But the difference between clicking and keybinding is less noticable for Shadow Priests.

I'd have to say arcane mage. It was 10x easier to play before MoP came out but it's still pretty damn easy.

Arcane Mage? I know it us to be 1-3 button spam.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol joke? As a spriest I have 35 key binds that I actively use every game. You have to be able to quick swap targets to dot then swap to allies for shield/pom/renew then swap back and cc focus target. I rember when I started playing spriest back in wotlk. I had around 10 key binds at 2100 rating. I went up to 20 key binds and instantly climbed up to 2250 in one day. Now im at 35.
    o.O

In WotLK as Shadow I had 83 keybinds - granted that was the last time I counted and we lost defensive dispel keybinds since then, but it should be somewhere up near that still since we also gained abilities since then. Are you maybe not counting Shift / Ctrl / Alt + Keybinds as separate keybinds?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Arcane allready suck at pvp. + he click....

He will be gank the same...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    The same can be said for literally -every- class. But the difference between clicking and keybinding is less noticable for Shadow Priests.
    Now idea how your getting this idea, I wouldn't be able to play shadow clicking - like - I'm pretty sure I'd end up doing like 1 thing right per 3 gcds or something - plus half my screen would be buttons.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    More binds =/ more skill

Just had to throw that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Now idea how your getting this idea, I wouldn't be able to play shadow clicking - like - I'm pretty sure I'd end up doing like 1 thing right per 3 gcds or something - plus half my screen would be buttons.
    Obviously going from keybinding to clicking would be completely unbearable -- but if you HAD to pick one class which handles being a clicker the best, I think it would probably be Shadow Priest. It's just my opinion.

Deleted
    I'm cliking since I began playing wow 6 years ago.
    I've played Mage, DK and now Paladin (prot/retri)
    In cata (when I started pvping) i reached 1915 as a cliker without any issue. I only had 4 mouse binds (+another 4 focus macro). Then, sadly, I had to quit >.<
    In PvE the only trouble I have is, as retribution, the gap between selecting a target far from me and cliking the first ranged spell (but I'll work on this >.>).

People who says "cliking is the cause of the end of the world this year" never ever tried playing this way. They don't realize you can mouse turn during a GCD without using the keyboard and much else.
    Obv if you have to cast something on party/raid memebers you have to make a macro or binding (from a non-healing point of view).

Long story short, these 3 classes I played the most felt comfortable while cliking, but it's up to you and your experience/practice!
    Last edited by mmoca0452fab26; 2012-12-07 at 07:40 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really dont know what play style you most like but since you've said not melee then I'd say go with a Mage or a hunter.

As a player who has been playing WoW nearly 4 years now and 1 1/2 years of clicking I'd say hunter worked out well until I reached the point of PvP at higher lvls which I completely sucked but yet that remained friendly and I believe hunters should be fun for clicking at start and low levels, but here's a tip I'd suggest is that start binding @ a low level so you get used to it @ higher levels in which case you wont get smashed by 90's. If I was you I'd first wanna start with the buttons next to the WASD keys such as Q or E or Z or C, R or T if necessary and try them 2 or 3 keybinds at a time and then once you get used to them try moving to other keys until you might reach a stage that you wanna try s-1 (shift 1) or a-2(alt-2) etc...

But If it doesnt go well then the buttons 1-6 would be great as they're next to you and if you got a bunch of money laying around to buy yourself a new mouse with buttons on the side to bind them as that will be fast and efficient also for healing but PvE clicking is fine, however moving around for fire and stuff while clicking might reduce your dps in which case I use both mouse buttons to move :P. As for PvP I'm afraid you wont be able to do arenas and RBG's unless you keybind because it wont end well...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    Goosh bag alert.
    I might agree if I didn't think lordzed83 was basically correct. I don't like to ignore an OP's question, but I really don't know how anyone can play with just clicking. Even setting up your 6 most common spells on 1-6 makes life so much better, and wow so much more fun. (how do you play? Press 4-3-2-1, repeat, if 5 or 6 is flashing, press them now).

I'm no superhero, but I don't know how you can tank or heal at all without key binds and mouseovers. And when I first started raiding, I couldn't keep up at all until I got a gameboard and mouse. Now I mainly wish I had more fingers or more buttons. Honestly, Logitech G13 gameboard +Sidewinder X8 mouse For. The. Win. Never touch the keyboard again, and never be looking at 50 spells on your action bars trying to find the oh **** button only to be dead when you find it.

If you asked me the number one challenge for most players who want to be better, I would say execution. The interface is your key to proper execution. Learning your class is important to playing competently, but if you can't do what you need to, when you need to, you won't keep up.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    More binds =/ more skill
    You're right, of course, but a big part of my last post's point is that being able to think, "Ardent Defender -Now!" and pressing your left ring finger and thinking "oh, crap, where is my ardent defender button?" and then being dead looks like skill to the other people playing with you.

How well you execute is a big part of how well you play, and key binds and mouseover macros go a long way towards improving the interface.
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-12-07 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    You're right, of course, but a big part of my last post's point is that being able to think, "Ardent Defender -Now!" and pressing your left ring finger and thinking "oh, crap, where is my ardent defender button?" and then being dead looks like skill to the other people playing with you.
    Are you kidding me? Do you honestly think that clikers don't know by heart were their button are?
    In a boss scenario, low health "Let me put on my glasses, I have to search for my Lay on...*Dead*"....that's ridicolous.

Quote Originally Posted by Negation View Post
    Are you kidding me? Do you honestly think that clikers don't know by heart were their button are?
    In a boss scenario, low health "Let me put on my glasses, I have to search for my Lay on...*Dead*"....that's ridicolous.
    I don't really know. I don't know how other people play, but I certainly know a few players who only know their base rotations, and I know that even though I know exactly where to find some things that aren't bound, it still takes a second or two to get there. And this is without getting into the fact that sometimes I have to click a couple of times to register the click(but that might be a gcd thing).

The idea that you're clicking something with a three second window seems ridiculous to me, because you're either really good at clicking things, or you're sitting there with your mouse over the button in expectation.

I'll have to look on YouTube and see if I can find a video of someone kicking butt with no keybinds. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but I have to use every possible tool to play as well as I can, and I don't see how I could tank, for example, if I had to click every single time I executed a step in my rotation, let alone pvp well, which usually uses even more of your skills than pve.
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-12-07 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    I've got my spells in a 4x6 box. In a GCD I can go from Avenging Wrath (lower left corner) to Lay on Hand (upper right corner). It took years of practice, but the reflexes are the least of my troubles as a cliker.
    As I said, the biggest trouble is targeting a mob (without TAB obv) and starting the rotation at the same time. As prot i've binded taunt on the mousewhell, but it fix only partially the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    You managed to get 2.1k with just 10 keybinds. The OP is a clicker who will probably be very happy if he can just reach 1.8k so I think shadowpriest is actually very forgiving.

you say this like 35 is a lot of keybinds. i WISH i had 35 keybinds. my lock has 98, my paladin has 82.
    you bind more then your damage dealing and utility abilities.
    you bind focus target macros, you bind targettarget macros. you bind totem stomp macros, you bind party1-5 macros, you bind arena1-5 macros. you bind your mounts, your mage food, your res, your health stones. and if you play something with a pet you have to bind all your pets abilities similarly. focus seduce? arena 2 spell lock, targettarget axe toss?

i've been accused of being an excessively technical player and a macro fiend, maybe its to compensate for my aging reflexes, but bind space and binding discussions is actually something that i get really bothered by. i am tiny, even by the standards of women. gaming equipment is designed for people with maybe 20cm+ on me. i went through like 5 different keyboards before i found one that was small enough for me. reaching keys that other people take for granted is really hard for me. and i STILL bind everything. having efficient, and more importantly comfortable binds makes a huge difference in the level of your play.

in defense of clickers, the blizz default keybind interface is atrocious. it must be really really hard to try to swap from clicking and then look at that nightmare.

for random bgs, nothing requires huge amounts of keybinds, your utility is very much devalued and you will almost never use any of the complicated macros i talked about above, its really just about smashing face. any ranged that has good self peels (coughmagecough) is probably perfectly adequate.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-12-07 at 10:18 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Shadow priest is by far the simplest and smoothest rotation to execute out of all the casters at like 90%. Other than that you could always just heal.

There's no nice way to say it, stop clicking and teach yourself how to keybind.

You will NOT regret it.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    To everyone in this thread I know binding would be better but it just seems so god awful hard to remember all those keys

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:33 PM ----------

also whats a focus macro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    you say this like 35 is a lot of keybinds. i WISH i had 35 keybinds. my lock has 98, my paladin has 82.
    I cannot help but feel your doing it wrong, I think you are in a minority of people who have close to 100 binds, I come to 50 if I try hard.