Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    non-combat binds don't count people ;p
    define non combat binds. my mount, healthstone, bandage, and targeting binds are all just as important as my ability binds.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

im surprised no1s mentioned warriors.. they've been 1shotting people with a single macro since mop started.. yes they are melee but come on.. they are extremely powerful and are very easy to learn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any caster imo. Affli lock comes to mind first. Although you still need to move around, no matter what class.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Any caster imo. Affli lock comes to mind first. Although you still need to move around, no matter what class.
    Affliction is a lot harder then shadow since you have to swap targets a lot to spread dots and to fear unless you are using macros for it, which means you need keybinds with modifiers.

Deleted
    I play all classes and im also a clicker, as for the easiest its range classes, its a lot harder to keyboard turn and get back on a target with melee.

with range you try to get away from melee so the direction you go is less important, i find h pally one of the easiest as fewer spells to click, druids and shaman are good also with travel forms and ways to cc.

For dps only hunter can give problems as you have to click trap launcher and then move your mouse over the target you want to trap etc,
    mage is quite easy if you can suffer the class, i have a mage but even as a keyboard turning clicker i feel carried by the class and dont have fun with it.

With the other range the only problem is with hybrids as you may have some off healing to do also, this gives more spells to click and requires target changes but can be made easier with addons like grid.

So with this all in mind, go range be either a healer or a pure dps, these would be the best options for a clicker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    define non combat binds. my mount, healthstone, bandage, and targeting binds are all just as important as my ability binds.
    Just as important, in combat - right?

Binding your cinder kitten is not a relevant combat bind - binding /spit is not a relevant combat bind - one mount that you use in combat is relevant, but having your turtle and half a dozen talbuks on seperate binds are not binds, bandages and healthstones are relevant - but binding wool bandages are not relevant. I guess I need to define relevant?

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Affliction is a lot harder then shadow since you have to swap targets a lot to spread dots and to fear unless you are using macros for it, which means you need keybinds with modifiers.
    As someone who plays both shadow and affliction... Do the spriests you fight not multi-dot, silence, disarm or dispel magic on secondary (or tertiary) targets - they just tunnel one player the whole game like some kind of ret paladin? (jkjk) All caster specs do a hell of a lot of target swapping in arenas, dot specs more than the others - but if anything Shadow does more target swapping than Affliction, remember Shadow is also a support healer - and has to not only multi-dot / cc / offensive dispel, but also heal, shield, life grip and defensive dispel simultaneously. My lock does a hell of a lot of target swapping as well, but I wouldn't even say as much as Shadow - let alone more than.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Are you counting modifiers each as a keybind?
    Whenever this topic comes up - yes, we count modifiers as separate keybinds. If one person has Q bound to one spell (no modifiers), and another has Q, Shift+Q, Ctrl+Q and Alt+Q - the number of abilities bound is 4 times greater than is the case for the former player. By counting modifiers seperately you are measuring not only breadth of keys bound across the keyboard (as in area) but also depth (in this case, combinations of modifiers).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-12-08 at 10:41 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    As someone who plays both shadow and affliction... Do the spriests you fight not multi-dot, silence, disarm or dispel magic on secondary (or tertiary) targets - they just tunnel one player the whole game like some kind of ret paladin? (jkjk) All caster specs do a hell of a lot of target swapping in arenas, dot specs more than the others - but if anything Shadow does more target swapping than Affliction, remember Shadow is also a support healer - and has to not only multi-dot / cc / offensive dispel, but also heal, shield, life grip and defensive dispel simultaneously. My lock does a hell of a lot of target swapping as well, but I wouldn't even say as much as Shadow - let alone more than.

While shadow can heal, even tough it is greatly nerfed now imo and swaps targets as well, affliction is - in my opintion- more macro/keybind intensive.
    I see 2 reasons for this, first of all you have 4 debuffs to juggle with while shadow only has to care about 2 debuffs.
    A second reason is the fact that affliction requires a keybind/macros to stop casting, otherwise you are just asking to get interrupted every single time you cast something.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying shadow is easy to play, especially not at high ratings where you need to pull off every trick you have, but sub 2k rating I'd really consider shadow as the easier spec

Probably any of the PVE Healers. Although I would argue that nothing in an mmo is clicker friendly. I suppose if you had to click you'd have the easiest time as a healer or ranged dps.

Ranged dps. You have no other choice tbh.

Only logical reason i can think of for you asking this is if you lost your arm or something. Sorry if thats the case. And please tell him....
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    im surprised no1s mentioned warriors.. they've been 1shotting people with a single macro since mop started.. yes they are melee but come on.. they are extremely powerful and are very easy to learn.
    ... warriors don't just press a macro and the target dies, the oneshot macro just triggers all your CDs - you still have to spam abilities like HS/slam/MS/OP/execute after using it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    Ranged dps. You have no other choice tbh.

Only logical reason i can think of for you asking this is if you lost your arm or something. Sorry if thats the case. And please tell him....
    Was thinking the same (well was thinking what would make me click), tbh if I lost an arm I'd quit WoW and play a clicker friendly game like EVE or something.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2012-12-08 at 04:44 PM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing made me click that is just how I learned to play I never knew about keybings macros modifiers etc and 4 years later I still don't never tried to learn cus I was already set in my method. To me I did know how to play

Deleted
    probably holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    As title says im a clicker not a thread about whats better clicking or binding i know binding is better. My question is what class/spec is the easiest for us clickers and wow please dont say any melee class tried that last night as a clicker and wanted to cry cus everyone was just zipping and zooming around me
    I used to be a clicker also... start with 1-5 (or whichever number your finger can reach) .. then from there progress to Letters, unbind A,D and turn them into your strafe keys so you can use Q,E for attacks.

you dont need the turning keys cause keyboard turning is the worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    lol joke? As a spriest I have 35 key binds that I actively use every game. You have to be able to quick swap targets to dot then swap to allies for shield/pom/renew then swap back and cc focus target. I rember when I started playing spriest back in wotlk. I had around 10 key binds at 2100 rating. I went up to 20 key binds and instantly climbed up to 2250 in one day. Now im at 35.
    You can play any class using less then 10 binds and do ok in battlegrounds in MoP, its when it comes to rated play you need bindings as that involves using your full arsenal together with focus macro's, target 1/2/3, target party 1/2/3 etc which easily ups the number of binds needed to 45-50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    I used to be a clicker also... start with 1-5 (or whichever number your finger can reach) .. then from there progress to Letters, unbind A,D and turn them into your strafe keys so you can use Q,E for attacks.

you dont need the turning keys cause keyboard turning is the worst.
    I would also recommend using the scroll wheel, easy to reach bind that is in a very comfortable position. Once you start to get the feel for binds you can also include modifiers there which gives 8 bind on the mouse even on the most simple of mouses.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-12-08 at 08:02 PM.

"Hey guys, what's the best car to use for driving with my feet?"

Just use your number keys. You will save yourself so much headache and frustration. Unless you really have a physical disability in which case I apologize.

Deleted
    Healing is clicker friendly, even in PvP.
    In some situations (BGs) it might even be faster to use Clique+Unitframes than juggling with Target Party Member/Heal keybinds.

So yeah, you should find some way to have your 'oh shit' buttons easy accessible. Maybe use a Bar addon and place them near your unitframes.

Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    lol joke? As a spriest I have 35 key binds that I actively use every game. You have to be able to quick swap targets to dot then swap to allies for shield/pom/renew then swap back and cc focus target. I rember when I started playing spriest back in wotlk. I had around 10 key binds at 2100 rating. I went up to 20 key binds and instantly climbed up to 2250 in one day. Now im at 35.
    Well I guess these people tried to give friendly advice. Clicking a frost mage sounds like the worst plan in wow-history to me too, but then in reality clicking any class is going to be subpar, that's a given (..even in PvE). However, not everyone can keybind. This can be for various reasons. I couldn't keybind for a short while also and I had to make do, it was shit, but I still wanted to play. People get injuries, or have physical disabilities.

If anything I'd recommend a healer, with the addon clique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heal and use an add-on. As long as you don't keyboard turn and know how to mouse/mouse+keybind all your spells to that addon you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Heal and use an add-on. As long as you don't keyboard turn and know how to mouse/mouse+keybind all your spells to that addon you'll be fine.
    Healers in general require alot of mobility right now to stay alive which is hard for people who click (since they generally keyboard turn as well).

But seriously though, how could it NOT be BM hunter. Always been an easy, braindead spec to play decently. 40 yrd range melee with a simple damage rotation. Now with no minimum range requirement mobility isnt even required to do damage, no worries about interrupts and a pet to do most of your damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    I would say. Stick to Pet battles. Clicking is good there.
    Hell no! If you're alt-tabbing and you notice you only have 1 second until your turn is over because you did nothing, pressing a bind will be faster than clicking! So keybinding is a MUST for extremely casual pet battles!

OT: Like the first reply in this thread said... it's pretty sad to base your class choice around being a clicker. Just learn how to bind (which will only take a day or two for the basics) and play the class you enjoy most... though I would strongly recommend you to NOT play a feral druid as starter...