Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Shadow Priests and Mages are probably the most forgiving classes for clicking.

Remember that healers can also use addons which cast a certain heal depending on which mouse click you press over a person in a raid frame. So healing might also be an option. Shaman or Paladin would be best for that.
    You definitely do not want to specifically pick a caster that preferably wants to (priest) - or has to (mage) kite if you intend to click on it as you'll just end up getting smashed by melee running in a straight line.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negation View Post
    I've got my spells in a 4x6 box. In a GCD I can go from Avenging Wrath (lower left corner) to Lay on Hand (upper right corner). It took years of practice, but the reflexes are the least of my troubles as a cliker.
    As I said, the biggest trouble is targeting a mob (without TAB obv) and starting the rotation at the same time. As prot i've binded taunt on the mousewhell, but it fix only partially the problem.
    There is no other way to fix your 'problem' then to start keybinding. If you desperately want to keep clicking, then just do it in whatever way is most comfortable to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Just as important, in combat - right?

Binding your cinder kitten is not a relevant combat bind - binding /spit is not a relevant combat bind - one mount that you use in combat is relevant, but having your turtle and half a dozen talbuks on seperate binds are not binds, bandages and healthstones are relevant - but binding wool bandages are not relevant. I guess I need to define relevant?
    why would i be binding wool bandages? but while we are on the topic of esoteric items, what about living action pots? battle standards? cobalt frag bombs? nitro boosts? i have bindings for all of those things even though i can't use them in arena, but they are relevant to me, i'm not sure you would consider them relevant.

the vast majority, for me anyway, of binds are for targeting, it may be the same ability bound to a key multiple times, but each modified bind targets a different specific thing, a specific party member, a specific player, my target's target, my focus target. these can quickly add up to some pretty impressive numbers.

i might just be holding on to some out moded style of play, but i find they help me compensate for my aging reflexes.

related to the topic, best bet is ranged, aff lock is NOT a good choice as i they have a fairly high skill floor. but destro can be very simple, mage is very easy at low levels, but gets progressively harder.
    avoid melee in general. particularly warrior and rogues who have a lot of ummm, stuff. ret paladin is probably most forgiving melee in very low level play because their toolbox is smaller, but they can become fairly complicated and finicky the more you play it.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

I normally play melee classes none of which are clicker friendly.
    Healing classes and mages in my opinion are very click friendly but the keyboard is still very helpful for movement, especially in pvp or movement oriented raid encounters.

Their are of course exceptions to every rule, I knew a warrior in wrath that was a clicker and it didnt seem to have any negative impact on his dps/survival capabilities, at least in a raid setting.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-12-09 at 05:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    lol joke? As a spriest I have 35 key binds that I actively use every game. You have to be able to quick swap targets to dot then swap to allies for shield/pom/renew then swap back and cc focus target. I rember when I started playing spriest back in wotlk. I had around 10 key binds at 2100 rating. I went up to 20 key binds and instantly climbed up to 2250 in one day. Now im at 35.
    Can confirm.
    Myself am using atleast 3 bars of 10 spaces voor spells, cooldowns, utillity and further a half hidden bar with like mass ress, hearthstone, proffesions buffs mount etc.

Just play a healer with clique. All you need to do is use movement spells. Even without a naga you can easily cast all your healer spells via m1, m2, m3, m4, m5, and ctrl + shift + alt

I stopped keybinding when I fat fingered blink and ice block for the last damn time!

I only PvE, though.

The solution is dont click. If you plan on doing any fights or pvp that have you do more then sit there and cast (practically every fight, and unless the other player is afk...pvp as well)

Key bind, and your gameplay experience will greatly improve. And you'll have fun because you won't get raped by game mechanics and other players.

You move slower, react slower, and thus die quicker then if you bind.

Off the top of my head these are some of the keys I use as a holy paladin: 123456 w, a, s, d, q, e, r, t, g, f, x, c, v, ~, s1, s2, s3, s4, f1, f2, f3, f4, sf1, sf5, sf6, alt1, alt2, alt3, alt v, alt F. (I also have 14 more bound to my Sandio Tech 3D02 gaming mouse)

When you decide to take a step up and bind keys, you will want to practice. Random BGs. Do those with your keybinds to help you hone your player skills as well as help you memorize where those binds are so you don't even have to look at your keyboard. I can name every ability or macro on every one of those keybinds that I use because of things like that. It will only get better, whereas with clicking it really won't get better.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-09 at 11:55 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta learn to bind dude, sorry. None are the most clicker friendly. You'll hate life if you pvp as a clicker. Just put in the time (which isn't very much) to bind. Start with the most important stuff and put it near your fingers. Interrupts, pvp trinket, etc. Work your way up. It'll become more and more comfortable to you until it just becomes natural and you stop thinking about where stuff is.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    A alot of people saying frost mage. How would that be clickerfriendly? How would you be able to shatter as a clicker?

10+ Year Old Account
    edit - decided not to fuel this.. since its sorta like asking 'what soup is best to eat with a fork?'.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-12-09 at 02:30 PM.

This is a hotkey based game, so you should use your main abilities (at least) on basic keys like 0-5,E,Q. I dont see how is that could be hard or problematic for anyone.
    Anyway, you should pick something with an easy "rotation", like frost DKs. Only in PvE ofc, as a clicker forget about PvP.

i think all you "leet" dudes with your 100 binds would be surprisingly shocked and mortified, if you actually knew how many times youve had your shit pushed in on the charts, or in pvp by clickers and semi clickers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    why would i be binding wool bandages? but while we are on the topic of esoteric items, what about living action pots? battle standards? cobalt frag bombs? nitro boosts? i have bindings for all of those things even though i can't use them in arena, but they are relevant to me, i'm not sure you would consider them relevant.
    The specific phrase I used to define this originally and keep emphasizing is combat relevant, and given this is the pvp forum - pvp relevant is also implied but unstated (until now). Combat means, if it is something you need to succeed in pvp combat - then it has met two of the three conditions necessary. Relevant means if it has a useful effect on target at level 90 pvp, then it is relevant. For example, A talbuk is a relevant bind at level 90 because it lets you run quickly and reposition, it is relevant just prior to combat for getting into position, it is relevant for exiting combat when the fight isn't going your way, it is relevant for chasing down opponents who flee. A talbuk - while not usable "in combat" is a critically necessary bind to pvp combat for early positioning and extraction / SnD. In world pvp, a flying mount is also relevant for the same reasons. Your second, third, and 80th vanity mount binds are not relevant because their function is already being filled by the talbuk.

So to go through your list. Living Action Potions are not relevant at level 90 because they don't work. Battle Standards, Frag Bombs and Nitro Boosts are all relevant to pvp combat at level 90, because I never specified Arenas (for a reason) - they are all relevant in battlegrounds and world pvp - that's fine. Your pet binds are non-combat, non-functional potion binds are not relevant, targetting binds are both combat and relevant.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by beuwulf View Post
    i think all you "leet" dudes with your 100 binds would be surprisingly shocked and mortified, if you actually knew how many times youve had your shit pushed in on the charts, or in pvp by clickers and semi clickers
    I would be, indeed. Because thats never happened.

There is no clicker that will beat an equally geared and skilled keybinder in anything whatsoever. (Unless the person who keybinds is afk)

Has nothing to do with being "leet" or other insecurities. It has to do with some basic logic. Keybinds = faster, Keybinds = more efficient, Keybinds = easier mobility, and Keybinds = more time dpsing less time clicking.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-09 at 09:53 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    I would be, indeed. Because thats never happened.

There is no clicker that will beat an equally geared and skilled keybinder in anything whatsoever. (Unless the person who keybinds is afk)

Has nothing to do with being "leet" or other insecurities. It has to do with some basic logic. Keybinds = faster, Keybinds = more efficient, Keybinds = easier mobility, and Keybinds = more time dpsing less time clicking.
    if you cant click spells faster than the gcd then you must be really slow

Keybinding isnt only about being fast

It's also about being looking at the game instead of looking at your keys, aka being aware of your surrounding, a pretty good talent toi have in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    I'm assuming this a really bad attempt at trolling and ill just leave it at that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    That works within a PvE environment where what you need to do next is kind of predictable. If you suddenly needs to kick a spell on a 1.5 sec cast timer the chances you are fast enough is far greater if you have what needs to be done in your muscle memory instead of needing to move your mouse and click a specific button on your screen that you was not ready to hit. Not to mention clicking makes you forced into keyboard turning which limits your movement as well.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-12-10 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    I'm assuming this a really bad attempt at trolling and ill just leave it at that.
    Non-haste, non-one-second-GCD classes (like my Holy Priest way back when) were perfectly fine for clicking, it just took a lot more effort than mouseovers.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1