Critique my dps please.

Wondering if you guys could look over my log (slÖthy) and see if/what i should change up or correct to up my dps. ( other than not hitting orbs :P )

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=778&e=1272

In an 8 minute fight you have 54 explosive shots, which, used on CD, takes ~5.5 mins to get off, and that's not taking into account any LnL. Are you using arcane shot in place of explosive shot when it is up? Are you continuing to attack during attenuation (should not be difficult, it's not like you ever have to stop)?

On our heroic feng kill last night, I had 107 total explosive shots, during a 7.5 minute fight, and that's with a couple AoE periods where explosive shot isn't used. Even with the recent SS buff Explosive should be on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    In an 8 minute fight you have 54 explosive shots, which, used on CD, takes ~5.5 mins to get off, and that's not taking into account any LnL. Are you using arcane shot in place of explosive shot when it is up? Are you continuing to attack during attenuation (should not be difficult, it's not like you ever have to stop)?

On our heroic feng kill last night, I had 107 total explosive shots, during a 7.5 minute fight, and that's with a couple AoE periods where explosive shot isn't used. Even with the recent SS buff Explosive should be on top.
    ya i am firing when moving on atten.

i know i need to move Es and Cs keys around, habit has me spamming 2 from my Bm spec. just switched over to sv tues. so still breaking habits of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post

Also I'm not sure why, but he seemed to use SrS an excess of times. 19 Improved Serpent Stings means he used it 19 times which doesn't make any sense considering good/bad RNG you'd only need to apply it once to three times (can't really count the MC as it is random, but you may have to reapply it on the MC platform). So I'm not sure where the 19 came from.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

don't forget he can also apply it onto MC'd targets so even if he didn't get it himself he'd get 2 every time the boss MCs which could be 4-5 times maybe. Anywho, yeah waaaaaay too few explosive shots.

i know a few times i didn't renew it with Cs cause i wasnt paying attention to timer and had to reapply - but not 19 times. i guess ill have to pay attention to what my fingers are doing. i moved keys around and i think muscle memory is jacking to some extend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathon View Post
    don't forget he can also apply it onto MC'd targets so even if he didn't get it himself he'd get 2 every time the boss MCs which could be 4-5 times maybe. Anywho, yeah waaaaaay too few explosive shots.

But he didn't apply it to MCed targets.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=778&e=1272

Quote Originally Posted by sl00thy View Post
    i know a few times i didn't renew it with Cs cause i wasnt paying attention to timer and had to reapply - but not 19 times. i guess ill have to pay attention to what my fingers are doing. i moved keys around and i think muscle memory is jacking to some extend.

That may be your problem. Just need to refine your rotation and you'll be fine. There really is no reason as to why you aren't using cobra shot at least twice every 15 seconds, so I'm not sure what you are doing in place of it. You don't have thrill of the hunt either which could have been the culprit if you did.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-07 at 04:53 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

thanks, going to put on js hunter bar in hopes it makes me pay more attention to timer. omnicc is great, but forces me to look down

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1439&e=1878

well i picked up about 12k in dps with a better rotation since last week. Still failing @ letting SrS fall off, i know 1-2 of those 17 where from falling off while mind controlled..

thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by sl00thy; 2012-12-14 at 03:16 PM.

get needtoknow and throw up srs and black arrow and pretty much any and all things that could affect dps. Trinket procs, buffs, debuffs. It gives you a bar and you can color code them (I use green for srs and purple for black arrow) and I know their durations at any given time, and whether they are about to fall off or not. Will help you tremendously for not letting srs fall off. As soon as you see the green bar reach the end, you know you need to cast cobra right away.