Poll: Which class deserves a 4th spec?

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The Druid situation is a unique situation that is not replicated by any other class or spec in the game. It was mostly done for balancing reasons. In Dragon Soul, for example, most guilds one tanked 10 man heroic Madness. We two tanked it, because when your second tank is a Bear Druid who can go into cat form and do 70K DPS when not tanking impales, why the hell not?
    This is pretty much the entire truth. We weren't "given the gift of a 4th spec". We had a very overpowered spec cut in half. If Blizz would like to take other class' overpowered specs and cut them in half, then I am all for it

Like Cut Blood DK in half, remove the heavy DPS from that class and move it into a 4th spec. Then the DK could still survive like a Guardian, but would take twice as long to kill something. That is essentially what we got
    Last edited by BeastmasterGuardian; 2012-12-11 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Cited Blood DK as an example.

Hunter tanks? Our tanking pets already overthreat any tank easily, and if I MD my pet the tank has no chance. Just that the pet needs more survival as it does not last long, and un-healable by 1 healer in like challangemodes or heroics at some parts. Then they'd have to make it abit easier to play.

making shaman tanks seems to me like the "most likely" 4th spec. Not only they were used as tanks and offtanks in vanilla and tBC, they had basically tanking talents till Cata, they have taunt...
    There is also the factor, where every armor type has three classes except mail, so if there is new class in the future, its probably gonna be some mail-wearing hybrid (something bard-like?) likely with tanking spec and a caster spec, so it would make sense to have two mail wearing tank classes based on agi instead of one.

warlock tank is probably the second most likely (or least unlikely, whichever suits you) to happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    We know there's a possibility now. Dividing the old feral spec seemed long overdue, now the question is if any other class deserve a 4th spec in a future expansion? i.e. rogue or warlock tank spec, ranged dps monk, holy dps priest, etc.
    None tbh, I think druid did deserve one because tanking and DPS deserve to be separate specs.
    They could also have removed one of the specs but I doubt that would hav egone down well.
    As far as flavor goes I think all classes have the specs they should have. Paladins don't need a caster DPS spec, just like Shamans don't need a tanking spec. It would also not fit the flavor, Paladins to me for example are the righteous fighters wielding their mace on the frontlines, not casting attacks from far away.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    None tbh, I think druid did deserve one because tanking and DPS deserve to be separate specs.
    They could also have removed one of the specs but I doubt that would hav egone down well.
    As far as flavor goes I think all classes have the specs they should have. Paladins don't need a caster DPS spec, just like Shamans don't need a tanking spec. It would also not fit the flavor, Paladins to me for example are the righteous fighters wielding their mace on the frontlines, not casting attacks from far away.
    QFT and agreed. Everyone is missing the boat that we were GIVEN a 4th spec, when in fact, we had an overpowered spec chopped in 1/2. It would be the equivalent of chopping Blood DKs in half and moving all of their DPS to a 4th spec, or Monks, removing all of the DPS from Brewmaster and making it a 4th spec. This was not a gift... it was a long, overdue admitted Nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The Druid situation is a unique situation that is not replicated by any other class or spec in the game. It was mostly done for balancing reasons. In Dragon Soul, for example, most guilds one tanked 10 man heroic Madness. We two tanked it, because when your second tank is a Bear Druid who can go into cat form and do 70K DPS when not tanking impales, why the hell not?

Edit: Reading this thread it appears that a great many people just flat out don't understand the situation and are wanting entirely new specs created for their classes, which isn't what they did with Druids at all.
    We're not trying to replicate the druid situation. We're considering new options given to us by the new system.

Ok people are saying druids had the same spec split because both being in the same tree was becoming OP in cata. My question is don't blood dks deserve the same? both blood tanks and dps shared the same tree but instead of blizzard splitting them they just removed one. why don't people that played blood dps deserve to have their spec as much as cat druids did?

Maybe this and you would have 6 tanking classes to go along with 5 healing classes. After this, I say no to those wanting warlock tanks and etc. Once there was only one viable tanking class but now we have plenty. We don't need every class in the game to be able to tank. If you want to add more specs later for flavor, it would be okay if it actually added value to the game but if it simply added another play-style, I would think people would be theory-crafting some specs into nonexistence and Blizzard doesn't want to create unused content any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I think a shaman tank spec would be doable. Can already use shields and has taunt spells.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We're not trying to replicate the druid situation. We're considering new options given to us by the new system.
    The thread is "Do any other class deserve a 4th spec?". The answer is No. We got nerfed because Bearcats were OP. So they split our Bear and our Cat. The same could be said for chopping Blood DKs in half and moving all of their DPS to a 4th spec, or Monks, removing all of the DPS from Brewmaster and making it a 4th spec. Trust me. The way Blizz hands out 4th specs... you don't want one.

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Warriors - a Ranged DPS spec using bows (thats called a hunter, we already have them)
    Hunters - a melee DPS spec or petless spec (thats called a rogue, we already have them... tho the no pet-ranger-spec would be boss)
    Rogues - a ranged DPS spec using thrown weapons (thats called a hunter, we already have them)
    Mages - a shadow or lightning spec (thats called a lock-shadow, or a shaman-lightning, we already have them)
    Death Knights - a blood rune focused dps spec (thats called blood dps, we already had that and they trashed it)
    Paladins - a holy caster DPS spec using int gear (Shockadin, would love to see that!)
    Priests - a Holy caster DPS spec (We already had that, smite priest says hi-tho to be viable dps they would need a buff)
    Monks - a ranged DPS mana/chi spec (We already have that, boomkins, mages, locks say hi)
    We also got shockadin atm, glyphs make it so we can reach 50-60k dps with it. Hell, I've seen people burst at 100k in dungeons as holy pala :P But to be a real "dps" spec, we need a buff indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Honestly, I think Monks need a Crane Spec.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    The thread is "Do any other class deserve a 4th spec?". The answer is No. We got nerfed because Bearcats were OP. So they split our Bear and our Cat. The same could be said for chopping Blood DKs in half and moving all of their DPS to a 4th spec, or Monks, removing all of the DPS from Brewmaster and making it a 4th spec. Trust me. The way Blizz hands out 4th specs... you don't want one.
    I was mostly responding to the edit, not the other part. Also, your last sentence should read "the way Blizz handed out the one 4th spec that currently exists". We do not have enough data to establish any kind of pattern here, so your falling prey to basic human instincts.

Besides, i think that it wouldn't be to hard to get a broad consensus that while none of the classes really "deserves" another spec, it could be a neat thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    We know there's a possibility now. Dividing the old feral spec seemed long overdue, now the question is if any other class deserve a 4th spec in a future expansion? i.e. rogue or warlock tank spec, ranged dps monk, holy dps priest, etc.
    death knights should have a dual wield tank spec again.
    the thought of someone with a two handed weapon fending off masses of attackers is ludicrous at best from the standpoint of someone who has done full contact armored fighting. I realize it is a game and there are fantasy aspects to it however there was no logical reason that the ability of dks to dual wield tank was removed. they were a fun option in wrath and were popular.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Shaman/Paladin if any cases.
    In any case, they should get the spec that is "missing"... i.e. shaman getting tank (already healer, ranged dps, melee dps) and paladin getting ranged dps (already hearler, tank, melee dps)

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see something implemented like the spec system they have in Rift. I also like the idea of multi-classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Most Affliction abilities actually come from necromancers ideas, DKs have the rest of it, mostly in unholy. I don't think we'll ever see a Necromancer class, since pretty much all of their stuff is already in the game.
    Which ones?

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, the only reason feral has 4 specs is becuse there was no real seperation between tank and DPS which broke the balance in pvp. Other classes do not have this issue so there is no need for a 4th spec. However I do support the idea of subclassing. Would be wicked fun to be a ret paladin with a warrior subclass and gain charge, heroic strike, and a couple other abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    In any case, they should get the spec that is "missing"... i.e. shaman getting tank (already healer, ranged dps, melee dps) and paladin getting ranged dps (already hearler, tank, melee dps)
    And be the last to get it, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I think at some point, they should introduce a real 4th spec to all classes. For Death Knight, I'd like to see a Fire/Flame specialization. It makes sense lore-wise. Why? Because Bolvar is the new lich king and DKs always revolve/are designed around the Lich King. The new one is a burning man and is going to be using fire powers, it's pretty clear looking at his body and how the helm changes.
    This would be 100% sick, but i really don't see a need for another DPS or tank spec for DKs. it wouldn't make sense lore wise as a healer spec, maybe a ranged DPS spec that also uses intellect plate? awesome, but unnecessary.

There are already enough specs in the game.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Cats and bears basically benefited too much from each other.
    Exactly this, we did, and we lost an absolute ton when they split the specs up. Those that are crying druids are FotM because of their 4th spec really don't know much about the game. Take a paladin for instance, if they ever made a 4th spec for Rdps, then all those skills which you do dps with now, will be done, same with priests and smite. Then they will be a mass outcry of those asking why they hate "insert class here" so much.

Druids are the go-to Hybrid class, it's fitting that it got the 4th spec. Did I like it? No not at all, not really much I can do though, just accept the loss and continue to enjoy my spec.