Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am a part of a more casual group in the guild. We are easily clearing elegon dpswise, which so many referred to in this thread.
    If you have a strong main tank, you can go 1 tank, 2 healers since almost all the damage is avoidable. But you can do it with 1 tank 3 healers like we did in the video above. You may hit the enrage timer a few times and, in fact, we did as well (1x) and that prompted me to put on DPS trinkets with a dps flask. In short, you got this if you're on Garalon imho. It may take a few more wipes than more progressed teams but you'll get it. We have 2 raid teams other than ours in the guild that are casual that we are telling to give terrace a try as well.. .and the worst thing that can happen is that elite is too tough this week so you down the regular version with ease.
    Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

We tried 1 tank 2 healers for a some tries, but the dmg got too great, with some bad interrupts, few tank and healer mistakes, and some slow dispells on the healing buf fthe boss gains. Then we tried 1 tank 3 healers, with me as atonement, and we got the boss after a few goes on this hitting the enrage timer as the last one died. Thanks for your thoughts.

Great to hear you got him. Nice work!

Indeed it was awesome Spend less time than we have on Garalon and we havent even gotten him downed yet (4, 5 and 8% as best tries). So i agree, if you got a chance on going Protectors you should, even the elite mode. For us anyway it was easier than what Garalon is :P (and awesome ilvl'ed loot). Gogo

I think elite mode is much easier than normal if you have the DPS, because you kill the lightning guy first and never get the Electric World in Flames thing. People herp-derping on normal World in Flames on H-Rag still gives me nightmares, and just avoiding it by standing on the edges and strafing back and forth seems beyond some people. The 2nd empower on Kaolan just requires a call out for when the big circle of death is about to go off, and that's it.

We one shot elite mode the first week of ToES normal, and that's with our feral kitty dying at 30% because he was slow on a circle o' death.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    Ragewinter Chill says hello
    Rage Chillwinter was difficult?

OP: You can't compare MSV to HOF/TOES. It came out in the same time period, but it's not technically part of the "Tier". It's a lower ilvl, and no tier gear drops from there. It was an introductory raid which included a difficult opening week raid boss in Elegon.

You will find this instance repeated over the course of the entire game, it's nothing new. Going from Lady Vashj to Void Reaver, Kael'Thas to Winterchill, Archimonde to Naj'entus, Illidan to Kalecgos, Yogg-Saron to Gormok, Anubarak to Marrowgar, etc etc etc etc.

You can't compare MSV to HOF/TOES.
    Not to be difficult but I didn't make that comparison. I said the last boss in HoF, that is needed to go to ToES, is entirely too difficult OR ToES is entirely too easy. OR just remove the need to kill empress to get to 3-4 gimme fights in ToES unless it's some weird reward.

Well, considering we one shot the elite mode, I'd even say it's easier than the regular mode.

I really want to see regular mode now to see but I'm obviously not willing to do it because of the loot disparity but wish we could.

Anyone who gets to this boss should never even look at normal mode it really is that easy

Quote Originally Posted by jfragment View Post
    Pretty ridiculous right? Elegon takes most guilds 60 wipes and this guy takes a kick to the balls and hands us HM loot. So stupid... c'mon blizz...
    First week of raiding (when first facing Elegon) -> most raiders had item level at around ~470 and no set bonus. Elegon is a gear check so yes, it was hard for most guilds until they had geared up.
    First week of facing Protectors = seventh week of MSV and third week of HoF -> most raiders had item level around ~485 AND had 2 set bonus from t14 -> gear check in ToES is much easier than gear check in MSV.

I don't see the problem here.

Go try the boss with the same item level and no set bonus. Would be interesting how hard it will be.

Deleted
    Yeah the only difficulty of all the boss in ToES N is the enrage timer ... but everybody has allready clean MSV and at least one clean of HoF before the beggining.

I suggest doing elite mode with 2/2/6, because of the debuff Kaolan "can" stack on you, and it makes moving Kaolan out of his expel corruption that much faster
    Off-topic, for those interested, Elegon HC is cake once you have enough experience on his normal version, also 2/2/6

and yes, protectors normal is "too easy" however, the HC mode is ridiculously tight, and the HC Elite has, as seen on the frontpage, only been cleared once, after a nerf.

I still have no idea what the bosses do completely :P and we've killed it each week so far in one attempt for each kill.

We blind pulled the bosses on release, did elite mode cause of the loot roll token bug, and facerolled it :l

Tips? Get a timer for the last guy's giant shadow circle, and run out when it has 3 seconds left before cast. Otherwise, DPS the bosses, and interrupt things if you want to.