Deleted

Unable to log in to SMP more and more frequently

Recently there have been a LOT of issues logging in to Minecraft which ofc means we can't play on our multiplayer servers. Login servers seem to be unresponsive for at least a few hours every 3 or 4 days, and it always seems to be when I want to play! I have very little interest in offline play.

Having been a player since the infdev builds were floating around on torrent sites then purchasing the full game during the early beta phases, I can honestly say that I have probably had more failed logins due to server outages in the past month than I have since my first day playing.

Does anyone have any idea what has been going on? Am I missing something important? Have they started regular maintenance right when I get home from work? Is something malicious happening? Are they upgrading capacity?? There doesn't seem to be a lot of feedback from the Minecraft dev team if any when there are outages, pretty much "TWEET: login servers are down", wait a while, then "TWEET: oh, servers are back up again" with no ETA's or clues as to the scale of issues so I can at least clear off and do something else with a rough idea when I should try again.

I'm not bothered about the downtime at all, that's not the point of this thread, I've got plenty to keep me occupied and as a web developer I understand that sometimes these things happen... but it seems to be more and more frequent lately, so some form of explanation from either Mojang or even just the the community would be refreshing.

Is anyone else effected by this lately and if so, do you have any idea what's going on?

15+ Year Old Account
    It was down for a while yesterday but seems to be working fine today. Not sure if there is anything going on or it just being the typical login servers.