Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    The problem is the community that bitches, specially the ones who sometimes wants things worse. But the true one IMO is many people want vanilla,tbc,other xpac styles back but people need to realize its about time to move on, mmo's change,evolve,etc... Or they want to be that special snowflake that gets all the easy epics and no hardwork while sitting behind their chairs being no lifers.
    Those ppl always strike me as the same ppl that wish they were 10 years old again so they could run around and play in the mud all day. Completely ignoring the dozens of reasons that things are better now and focusing on a few things they miss. Many of these things were only great because they were the first time you did it. When I saw the Matrix in the theaters is was amazing, several years have passed and I don't care to watch more then a few minutes of it. As Frost would say, Nothing gold can stay.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    bet your butt I would quickly give up variety for more game balance and order.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 11:41 AM ----------

If the game wants to continue to survive then it must change sooner or later. If our very own sun cannot last forever without changing, then i highly doubt wow can.
    I am sure they will be very happy to just fall short of forever.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    The core problem with World of Warcraft is the players themselves.
    With a keen eye for detail, one truth will prevail.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    So you want Blizzard to force everyone to play 1 PvP spec instead of deciding for themselves.
    That's funny considering that most players search the web to find the cookie cutter spec that works best and use it ignore all the so called "variety".
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

If the game wants to continue to survive then it must change sooner or later. If our very own sun cannot last forever without changing, then i highly doubt wow can.
    Thing is, WoW doesn't even need to last forever. Imagine, there will be a time when Blizzard will not produce more content and expansions for WoW because they will have moved on to the next stage, whatever that will be. This will happen within the coming years.

And it is part of the reason why drastic changes like the ones you suggest won't make it into the game anymore. WoW is essentially over its zenith and its numbers are doing fine for that, which tells the devs they do everything right as it is, as of now. Now random guy A walkes into the room, throwing a golden idea at them. What would you, as a developer, do? Would you immediately integrate this idea into a game that already sells like hot potatoes and will be retired rather sooner than later anyway? Or would you be clever and give people what they want in your next big gig? Think about it. What they do effectively is collecting new and cool ideas, maybe like yours as well, and store them for their next MMO. So no, we won't see any big core revolutions in WoW.

Edit:
    BTW. Sun won't last forever as well. Even though it changes. Doh.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2012-12-07 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    The core problem with World of Warcraft is the players themselves.
    Everyone kneel down to this guy please, he said it right.

Then I do not care; I have did my part for game feedback. I have posted a thread explaining issues to the best of my ability with as correct grammar as I could. My job is finished.
    I don't think posting on a fansite is any way for game feedback to be used.

In the first example it is clear pvp rotations need to be separated from pve rotations. This may be done be the adding of a forth spec to every class that is strictly for pvp only. This spec would have a different rotation that is designed to fit pvp requirements rather than pve requirements.
    So, I'm going to pose a question to highlight how bad of an idea this is.

I PvP on a Druid. What role would my DPS Spec be? Melee DPS, Ranged, DPS, Heal or Tank? Bear in mind that whatever answer you give here, I'm going to be mad because my prefered PVP spec is one of the other ones.

Next the view of balancing pvp strictly around 3v3 needs to change. Pvp must be balanced separately for each bracket. This means all spell effects must have different timers, damage, and diminishing returns for each bracket. There is no need to change every spell effect just how long the effect lasts, how much damage it does, and how many other abilities it shares diminishing returns with.
    Firstly, this would be amazingly confusing. Could you imagine running up and HoJ'ing someone and then having to say to yourself, "Okay, 2v2 is 4 seconds... 3.v3 is 4.5.... But this is a BG so, I think it should last for 5 seconds? Or was that 4.25 seconds? I know 5v5 is 4.5 secon... Oh look, he's out. I was way off, it was only 3 seconds."

Secondly, it would solve very little. In many (most?) cases where an ability is powerful in one form of PvP but not in another, it's due to the mechanics of the ability. No amount of scaling would change the fact that Typhoon in the middle of EoTS is way more powerful than it is in the middle of a 2v2 match.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    Did you post this on the official forums? Because if you haven't, what have you really done to help? I know some blues with look on these forums time to time but it has a much higher chance to be caught and sent to the devs if it was on their forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I don't think posting on a fansite is any way for game feedback to be used.
    To be fair, there's nothing wrong with posting complaints on these forums. Blues may never see it, but a lot of players will. Blizzard does listen to its playerbase. And if you put forth a good argument that convinces the people who read about it here, that desire can make its way back to Blizzard.

People like to pull this "Blizzard doesn't read these forums, your post is invalid" card all the time. But if you really want to effect change in the game, you'll have much better luck by trying to convince the players than you will by trying to convince the Blues.

OPs ideas are still stupid. But posting them here is not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    BTW. Sun won't last forever as well. Even though it changes. Doh.
    That's... exactly what he said?
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-12-07 at 10:13 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.