Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    SWTOR feels exactly like the old WoW style quest. In fact, modern WoW questing feels much more fresh and less grindy. And it is poorly written, outside of a few unique stories. I swear, when I was on Taris, I think I was asked to get the cure for rakghoul virus at least 5 times by different people. On Alderaan, seriously, almost every quest follows the same pattern: "We made some progress but the enemy made unexpected move and took control of some key facility and now we can't proceed". After two hours of doing quests there, I felt like I'm fighting with the most inept army in the universe.
    That was true in cataclysm they've since abandoned that in mists. I've had just as hard a time lvling alts in mists as I did in swtor. Same thing in Rift to actually. My warrior is 37 and it's getting to be a grind even with IA.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    On Alderaan, seriously, almost every quest follows the same pattern: "We made some progress but the enemy made unexpected move and took control of some key facility and now we can't proceed". After two hours of doing quests there, I felt like I'm fighting with the most inept army in the universe.
    Alderaan was my least favorite world, but at least I knew that someday it'd get blown up. It helped.

But yeah, the entire game is built on the premise that the only thing more inept than your enemy, is your side. "You have an army of soldiers here, so you go ahead and clear that area and we'll come up behind you and hold the ground you took."

You're the hero, it's what you do. It's infinitely better than some games that have NPC's and they manage to do most of the stuff that matters. It stretchs things at time, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Not to be a dick, but TL;DRs are normally shorter than what precedes them. I was excited when I saw it...then immediately not happy.
    Not to be a dick, but if you need a TL;DR, then you probably need to leave internet forums (or at least, obviously thoughtful posts) to people who can be bothered to read and discuss.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Not to be a dick, but if you need a TL;DR, then you probably need to leave internet forums (or at least, obviously thoughtful posts) to people who can be bothered to read and discuss.
    Would you like fries with that? I didn't realize this was a drive-thru...

Funny thing about "not be a...." statements you are being what you say you aren't trying to be. Cut it out (by it I mean all of the bickering).