Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    is there a petition to not build a death star? i would sign that :S

I think that there is validity to this suggestion, in that as long as the US and Europe can print money, like they are doing, they can fund the project. I'm sure that the Fed and ECB can easily take another $865 Trillion onto their balance sheets. And it would certainly spur the economy. Of course, then everybody would have to have a Death Star.

My biggest concern is that suggestions like this and granting citizenship to cats wearing sweaters denigrates legitimate petitions like the secession petition that currently has support in all 50 states.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

Why you gotta ruin everyone's fun?!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    No there isn't.
    But one will almost definetly be raised if the US government decides to build one... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If this goes through, I'm going to start looking into joining the Imperial Intelligence Service. LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    That petition isn't going to get anywhere near the signatures it needs simply because nobody is going to want to create yet another online freaking account for some random website they'll use this once, and then never touch again, but will continually get spammed with emails from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I hear the chinese are planning on building one

MR PRESIDENT WE MUST NOT ALLOW A DEATHSTAR GAP!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I hear the chinese are planning on building one

MR PRESIDENT WE MUST NOT ALLOW A DEATHSTAR GAP!
    Dude, I told you they'd see The Big Board!
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    What? Will this be a unmanned station or have they figured out how to simulate gravity in space? Or to create death lasers and what about propulsion? This thing would cost an unimaginable amount of money to propel a meter with the normal fossil fueled rockets. How many astronauts are they going to launch up there to build it? And what quality of astronauts can they even hope to get when they need thousands of them to build it it within a reasonable amount of time?

Lets assume it will be a manned station with possibly thousands if not tens of thousands of inhabitants. How will they supply these people with water, air, food? Are they going to build the space elevator as well? Adding hundreds of billions of dollars more to the cost. And the most important question, how will they get millions of tons of steel and building material up there to start with? 1kg= 10.000 dollar, do we even have that amount of money combined world wide?

I smell a joke or a disaster. This is not feasible with today's technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as I know the only petition that has actually received a response was the recipe to the white house brew lol. I haven't heard anything about the states that petitioned to leave the Union, so I could be wrong, but before that happened they only responded to the beer petition.

With that being said, I know what I am asking Santa for this year.

This just in: World war three caused by Obama buckling to public over death star pressure amid international condemnation, China retaliates!!

also - signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    What? Will this be a unmanned station or have they figured out how to simulate gravity in space? Or to create death lasers and what about propulsion? This thing would cost an unimaginable amount of money to propel a meter with the normal fossil fueled rockets. How many astronauts are they going to launch up there to build it? And what quality of astronauts can they even hope to get when they need thousands of them to build it it within a reasonable amount of time?

Lets assume it will be a manned station with possibly thousands if not tens of thousands of inhabitants. How will they supply these people with water, air, food? Are they going to build the space elevator as well? Adding hundreds of billions of dollars more to the cost. And the most important question, how will they get millions of tons of steel and building material up there to start with? 1kg= 10.000 dollar, do we even have that amount of money combined world wide?

I smell a joke or a disaster. This is not feasible with today's technology.
    The deathstar is about the size of the moon there isnt enough materials on earth even to build a quarter of it

This petition is just for shits and giggles so why not sign and see if the WH responds in a funny way

10+ Year Old Account
    Best thread and article of 2012 imho.
    Made an account just to sign that petition.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can non citizens of the states sign it?
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Can non citizens of the states sign it?
    All it asks for is your email address you dont even have to use your real name

but if it gets built the death star belongs to the USA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    The deathstar is about the size of the moon there isnt enough materials on earth even to build a quarter of it

This petition is just for shits and giggles so why not sign and see if the WH responds in a funny way
    I wont sign it! I'm afraid they will actually attempt building it if we motivate them.

Edit: Fuck it! I signed the damn thing... This could lead up to an interesting year.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-12-08 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    I wont sign it! I'm afraid they will actually attempt building it if we motivate them.

Edit: Fuck it! I signed the damn thing... This could lead up to an interesting year.
    Welcome to the dark side of the force my young apprentice LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it safe to assume that said Death Star would be run by the USAF? I'm signing simply for the fact that I'd like my office to be moved on to an orbital defense platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Is it safe to assume that said Death Star would be run by the USAF? I'm signing simply for the fact that I'd like my office to be moved on to an orbital defense platform.
    Not sure but you will get to wear a spiffy black helmet and uniform and push glowy buttons while some announcer will say "The moon with the Rebel base will be in range in thirty minutes"

"Consider:"

"Hrm? Build a Death Star? No. Technology doesn't exist, we don't have the money, and the idea is just stupid." Guarantee you that the first thing is that a staffer looks at it and sees if it is even remotely reasonable. Getting 20,000 signatures online (Even if it is legitimately 20,000 people, which for the White House petitions it is) is not really that difficult.

What people THINK "Consider" means when they make these petitions:

"Hrm, someone has gotten 20,000 signatures, which is .000006 of the country, so I will make a press conference and speak about the issue. Of course, after I instruct my party in Congress to draft up a bill about it."
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-08 at 11:39 AM.