Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    Yea, I'm saying I doubt it will happend.
    On the other side, it could lead to consideration of building a space station for national defence? :O
    They're already considering weapons like this. Ever hear of Rods from God? Wouldn't surprise me if they were actually developing something of that ilk.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Not sure but you will get to wear a spiffy black helmet and uniform and push glowy buttons while some announcer will say "The moon with the Rebel base will be in range in thirty minutes"
    Seeing as these uniforms are vastly better looking than what I currently wear, I am 100% sold on the idea.

And my favorite:

10+ Year Old Account
    The Death Star petition has almost five times the number of signatures of another which asks for NASA's funding to be increased (and quotes Neil deGrasse Tyson). Between that and the overwhelmingly ridiculous content of most "popular" petitions there, I can only conclude that a) allowing petitions to be submitted on the White House site is pretty much a complete waste, and b) I really dislike most people.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    The question is, might it be considered to build a space station with military purposes beacuse of this?

NASA says hi.

NASA is 90% a military creation. Used for science, human study, space and planetary study, but still militar. I don't say it's bad or something like that, but it's good to remind it once in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    The Death Star petition has almost five times the number of signatures of another which asks for NASA's funding to be increased (and quotes Neil deGrasse Tyson). Between that and the overwhelmingly ridiculous content of most "popular" petitions there, I can only conclude that a) allowing petitions to be submitted on the White House site is pretty much a complete waste, and b) I really dislike most people.
    To be fair, acting upon this petition would require giving NASA all of our money for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The floor is so clean you could eat off it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would take 8.1 quadrillion dollers to build a death star. Which is 13 thousand times the worlds gross domestic product.
    Source

So unfortunately. no matter how many signatures this gets, we won't be able to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    It would take 8.1 quadrillion dollers to build a death star. Which is 13 thousand times the worlds gross domestic product.
    Source

So unfortunately. no matter how many signatures this gets, we won't be able to do it
    Not with that attitude
    Come on we need it to keep the local star systems inline or are you part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    NASA says hi.

NASA is 90% a military creation. Used for science, human study, space and planetary study, but still militar. I don't say it's bad or something like that, but it's good to remind it once in a while.
    I'm sorry, your posts only demonstrate that you're completely out of touch with what the agency is and what it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want obama to have a death star...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    I'm sorry, your posts only demonstrate that you're completely out of touch with what the agency is and what it does.
    Yeah, the military doesn't really need NASA anymore. The USAF works with them frequently, but we do have our own space program. And unlike NASA, it gets a shitload of funding. Sadly, we use our space money less for studying Mars and more for spying on China.

Plus, the Pentagon is really determined to get us a plane that can drop marines from space. I feel sorry for the marines >.>

Why not? In general, the government already wastes an unbelievable fuckton of money, and specifically they already waste more money than they've got, forcing them to print more money just to throw away.

What's one more huge waste, right? This one actually sounds fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Star Wars Program from he 80's comes to mind. :P

I hear the chinese are planning on building one

MR PRESIDENT WE MUST NOT ALLOW A DEATHSTAR GAP!
    So that is what they bought the rights to Star Wars from George Lucas for...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the1seth View Post
    I don't want obama to have a death star...
    But who wouldn't want a Death Star?

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    But who wouldn't want a Death Star?
    He could drone strike entire countries! Think of the possibilities!

Deleted
    I would suggest Dark Troopers. If anything, you need more brilliant minds like the evil British-voiced Officer in this video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Seeing as these uniforms are vastly better looking than what I currently wear, I am 100% sold on the idea.

And my favorite:
    I would trade in my ABUs for an imperial uniform in a heartbeat.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 03:24 PM ----------

I hear the chinese are planning on building one

MR PRESIDENT WE MUST NOT ALLOW A DEATHSTAR GAP!
    "I can no longer sit back and allow rebel infiltration, rebel indoctrination, rebel subversion and the galactic rebel conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    "Transfer funds from the drug war to fund the research and development of the genetic engineering of domestic cat girls."
    Now that petition I can get behind. Not so sure about a Deathstar though.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

It probably will never happen. Publicly building weapons in space would be a huge flag for another Nations around the world. Just the act of building one would probably be the start of WW3.

However I would like to see something like a international base on the Moon and Mars.