Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is THE BEST pet to use a Flawless Battle Stone on?

I guess the deciding factors would be which pets people determine to be the best at lv 25

Along with which pets are hardest to find; I get the impression some pets are so rare, you can't even get a rare version

Any thoughts you might have on the matter, please share.

/Discuss
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    there is no such thing as THE BEST - this is NOT pokemon...
    it comes down to personal opinion and taste.

(i would use it on my lil'smokey )

10+ Year Old Account
    Vampire Batling!

10+ Year Old Account
    Conceivably something like the minfernal, to save yourself having to grind an incredibly rare spawn for a rare version.

Did you actually just ask what the 'best' pet is?

That's like asking what the 'best' pokemon is.

Arcane Familiar
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

Flayer Youngling.

10+ Year Old Account
    The better question is, what pet are you wanting to use it on?

Me, personally, ima use it on a Feline Familiar. Extremely high attack, speed, decent HP, very good move set, yet it is only uncommon (Ive solod entire teams of lvl 24 rares with that familiar, granted it was wild pets, but still).

Do NOT use it on an easily found wild pet. Thats about the only guildeline to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would depend on what kind of flawless battle stone you get.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

There are some pets you learn from items that default to green. An example would be the aforementioned Feline Familiar. You can't get rares of those without using a battle stone. Then there are extremely rare wild pets, like the Minfernal. You can get rares of those by just putting time in, but the amount of time required might drive you completely insane. So really it's down to what your own priorities are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking about using it on an Emerald Proto-Whelp.

Seems to be a VERY low spawn rate, I've only seen one in about 3 hours of farming. And that was a poor quality. The only downside to this Whelp is it only has Dragonkin abilities, not making it a very versatile pet. However, it has some incredible heals making it a brilliant tank/healer.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

I've only gotten the family-specific stones from my pet supply bags... 1 dragonkin and 2 critter. The dragonkin was a painful choice at the time, cause every dragonkin I had was at least Uncommon, so it was a matter of taste.

The Critter ones went to take a pair of Poor-quality ones I had up to Rare, cleaning up those blemishes on my total roster.

Not gotten any of the generic ones yet. Hoping to get a Magic, Undead, and Humanoid one... to fix the 3 members of my Hard Counter team (Jade Owl, Scourged Whelpling, and Flayer Youngling). They are all Uncommon, but being rare would be better.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

really does depend on personal taste

just use it on the pet that you feel can win you the most victories and which you feel the most comfortable playing with

Stones are best used on pets that cant be obtained as rare in a regular way= achievement/vendor/quest reward pets. Using stones on pets you can capture is a waste.

Upgraded 4 pets sofar: floating skull, pint sized elephant, wolvar pup and blizz bear, hoping for a genral purpose or dragon stone to upgrade my thundering serpent to turn it into a 341 attack low speed dragon with tail lash/thunderstorm/cyclone

Deleted
    Logic tells me to use my Battle stones on pets that are not otherwise available as rare at all. I could see using them for some of the extremely rare wild pets like minfernal (though it's not very good). So far I've upgraded Wolpertinger, Tiny Goldfish, Pint sized pachyderm, Perky Pug and Personal World Destroyer all of those are otherwise impossible to have as rares and have unique movesets as far as i know.

Don't know about "best", but I'm looking to upgrade a Wolpertinger and Personal World Destroyer as it's the only way to get a rare version of those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Would depend on what kind of flawless battle stone you get.

I think they meant the Flawless Battle Stone, rather than the Flawless XXXX Battle Stone.

Former lets you upgrade any pet to rare (BoE with tiny chance to drop from any battle or trainer bag) latter the XXXX is the type (beast/critter/etc) and only lets's you upgrade that type (BoP from wild battles or daily bags)

OT: I'm using stones on the hard to get pets (Mini Infernal / Scourged Whelpling / etc) when I get them, to save myself even more time looking. After they are done, any pet that doesn't have a rare type.

Pet battles arent really "done" yet. Theres a few different ways you could go

1: Use stones on pets that CANT be rare. if you are just a collector, this is the way to go. Some pets like this are mentioned above.
    2: Use stones on the less rare pets you have that you want to battle. To do this, head to http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetBreeds to check if its the right pet to upgrade. In fact, if your a hardcore battler, this is THE route to go. You could spend 3 weeks trying to get the right RARE breed id, or you could catch any kind of that pet until you just get the right breed, then stone it.
    3: Save them all, and decide when it matters. Were just starting with this pet battle thing. Who knows the changes, new pets, etc that are coming.

Also an easy way to check breed ids is going to warcraftpets.com and just lookin the pet up. They have a tool for it.
    Last edited by Somewowguy; 2012-12-08 at 12:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Pet battles arent really "done" yet. Theres a few different ways you could go

1: Use stones on pets that CANT be rare. if you are just a collector, this is the way to go. Some pets like this are mentioned above.
    2: Use stones on the less rare pets you have that you want to battle. To do this, head to http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetBreeds to check if its the right pet to upgrade. In fact, if your a hardcore battler, this is THE route to go. You could spend 3 weeks trying to get the right RARE breed id, or you could catch any kind of that pet until you just get the right breed, then stone it.
    3: Save them all, and decide when it matters. Were just starting with this pet battle thing. Who knows the changes, new pets, etc that are coming.

Also an easy way to check breed ids is going to warcraftpets.com and just lookin the pet up. They have a tool for it.
    This is exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Props to other posters too!
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

10+ Year Old Account
    I used it on my scourged whelp because I got a magic stone for my minfernal just before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I used it on my scourged whelp because I got a magic stone for my minfernal just before that.
    I've camped that whelp for hours, still not seen a single one.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,