Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't handle dumb people. I really can't.
    If someone makes a comment that's utterly stupid, I'll diss them.
    Also on forums I can't handle people creating about 30 threads about the same issue. Like over the last month it was the whole 'World First Kills in WoW'.
    Also people creating 'official' threads after about 5 other threads about the issue have been created and are larger. I mean WHAT! Think your cool starting a thread?

Everything I would say on a forums is what I would say in real life regarding the same issues.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I often try to take a step back from the situation, and sometimes walk away from the computer altogether, before I post a response. I'll sometimes spend 15 minutes typing and editing my reply. By the time I'm done, I've cooled off, and my response is a lot less "angry" than it was when I initially started typing it. I like being able to reply to online better than in real life because they can't see my facial expressions and I have time to think of a response. When I'm facing someone, they can see the effect they've had on me and I feel the need to respond immediately before thinking it through thoroughly.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

10+ Year Old Account
    Respectful and professional about 99% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm neutral. I'd rather say I'm normal or friendly when people ask serious questions or opinions; but when it comes to personnal matters I won't hesitate to defend myself. However I agree that sometime I am overreacting; good thing it doesn't happen every full moon though.

I tell it like it is. If someone doesn't like it it's their problem, not mine. This is my philosophy online and offline. And yet I've only gotten one direct infraction from a mod. The rest were just little things like quoting a post that was too large and etc.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I get banned for months on end but I never say bad stuff to people. I guess I irritate the mods for some reason. In the end its all good. I try to keep things light-hearted and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I get banned for months on end but I never say bad stuff to people. I guess I irritate the mods for some reason. In the end its all good. I try to keep things light-hearted and fun.
    Yeah sometimes I see other posters that are ALWAYS polite and courteous show up with the lovely BANNED avatar. It makes me sad. I want to know what they did but at the same time I know better than to meddle with the mods.
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Yeah sometimes I see other posters that are ALWAYS polite and courteous show up with the lovely BANNED avatar. It makes me sad. I want to know what they did but at the same time I know better than to meddle with the mods.
    once on their bad side always on their bad side. It's all good because I love this forum and you never get completely banned unlike the wow forums which i found out last week. 8 year player and never ever able to post again.

Deleted
    Let's not discuss mods' actions, okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm zipping it up and throwing the key away. no more talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Let's not discuss mods' actions, okay?
    I'll never quite understand this stance...it's not like they're hating on mods, just sharing experiences :P almost serving as a warning to others. It's not like its some dirty secret.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I'll never quite understand this stance...it's not like they're hating on mods, just sharing experiences :P almost serving as a warning to others. It's not like its some dirty secret.
    And I pointed out I specifically choose not to meddle in the affairs of mods. I didn't name any names, I never accused them of banning for a just or unjust reason, just stated my curiosity that some people who haven't even been in half as many heated debates as I have get banned, and their post history for the past 24 hours is nothing but legitimate posts actively contributing to the thread. It's not my business so I don't make it my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    once on their bad side always on their bad side. It's all good because I love this forum and you never get completely banned unlike the wow forums which i found out last week. 8 year player and never ever able to post again.
    It took about a month for me to get indefinitely banned on the official gw2 forums lol. I have no idea if it's permanent or not, I just...can't post anymore lol.

Deleted
    Because it derails a thread and there's really no purpose of discussing mods' actions on a open forum, makes no sense, it will bring unnecessary actions from a lot of users, that will probably get them infracted, and we really don't want that.

That's why you PM Sunshine when you have any problem with a moderator, moderator's actions, etc.

Also, since this will bring more inevitable posts of asking why we can't discuss mods' actions, I'm going to close this now. Thanks for all the good replies.