25m Will of the Emperor Heroic; Help with Rages?

We just started progression on 25m Will of the Emperor last night for only about an hour but we're having some issues figuring out how to deal with the rages and would like to get some advice from those of you that have killed it. We mostly were trying the strat where you CC the first group and then kill 2 groups at the same time and have a hunter take sparks. Is there a better way or is there a best CC rotation we should be using? Anything would be helpful.

If it helps our raid comp usually consists of:

DPS
    3 hunters
    2 mages
    1 dk (me, and i'm usually tanking a strength in normal but we can switch that around)
    2 shaman (1 ele, 1 enhance)
    3 rogues
    1-2 shadow priests
    1 pally
    1 war
    1 monk
    1 moonkin (able to get 2 if needed)
    2 warlocks

Tanks
    1 blood dk
    1 prot war

Healers
    1 monk
    2 shaman
    1 disc priest
    1 pally

Thanks

Rogues are probably one of the best things you can have for strength tanking. Gorefiends grasp is also very helpful to have on demand for rages.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Rogues are probably one of the best things you can have for strength tanking. Gorefiends grasp is also very helpful to have on demand for rages.
    Any specific reason for rogues on Strengths? If it's just about movement we seem to be fine with just about anyone tanking them and our Rogues do a large majority of the damage on the bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mootykins View Post
    Any specific reason for rogues on Strengths? If it's just about movement we seem to be fine with just about anyone tanking them and our Rogues do a large majority of the damage on the bosses.
    It's because a rogue can solo soak all the strengths very easly. Think he can soak the courage ones too even.

Deleted
    Hey just reusing this Thread since I have the exact same question!
    We have around 4 hours of trytime now and seemingly no success.
    We tried different tactics.

A) Kill 1st wave of Rages including sparks, kill 2nd ragewave and soak 4 sparks wth a hunter. Then CC the 3rd wave and AoE once 4th wave spawns.
    CC wave number 5, AoE once wave 6 spawns etc.
    We need 2 soaker for each wave of 8 rages/sparks.
    The CC seems to be a pain in the ass. We usually try to go Roots, Hunter`s trap and 2 Ring of Frost and Frostnova to hod Rages in a tight spot after Gorefiend Grasp. One big problem seems to be that the Sparks get the Titandebuff unevenly, leading to troubles with soaking. Or we have trouble with the cc oder something gets messed up or so. We seem to be to retarded to reliably cc the first wave in one spot until the 2nd wave of 4 spawns. Are we just plain bad or are we missing something? What CC order would you guys suggest looking at our Composit?

These struggles lead us to tactic B:

B) Trying to always kill waves of Rages right away and soak 4. Seemed to be more hectic and Dps seemed to tight to pull it of, yet we solved our inability to cc the four rages.

Please give us some input, tips anything. We are hitting a wall right now.

Composit

DPS
    2 hunters
    2 mages
    2 dk
    2 shaman (1 ele, 1 enhance)
    2 rogues
    2 shadow priests
    1 pally (tanking 1st strength)
    1 war
    1 monk
    1 feral dudu (tanking 2nd strength)
    1 moonkin (able to get 2 if needed)
    1 - 2 warlocks

Tanks
    1 dudu
    1 prot war

Healers
    1 monk
    1 shaman
    1 disc priest
    1 pally (or 2nd disc)
    1 dudu

Also we have 2 rogues on the bosses and soaking the courage´s. How many dd´s do you have on dance duty?
    Which tactic would you guild actually killing him recommend to us?

Anything helpful is highly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    We killed this a week or so again with 90mins of trying the strat that worked best for us was kill all rages + sparks on first 2 waves (before boss comes)

After that each wave of 4 rages should be gripped into the back of a ROF (stunning them for only 1 second, as damage breaks the stun) continue to dps (they walk into the front of the ring for another 1 sec stun) this combined with the initial grip should be enough to stop them ever getting to you. Kill them 4 at a time, rotating hunters to soak sparks. its that easy..

Link to our guild site on sig, with kill vid - hope this helps
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2013-01-10 at 04:12 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    nice thanks man! that simple advice was exactly what i was lkooking for. we where thinking there must be some easier way by now, this helps alot already even if it is only me (raidlead) having a confirmation for that strat. Thanks, raid begins in 45min^^

Quote Originally Posted by Karmasutra View Post
    nice thanks man! that simple advice was exactly what i was lkooking for. we where thinking there must be some easier way by now, this helps alot already even if it is only me (raidlead) having a confirmation for that strat. Thanks, raid begins in 45min^^
    good luck.

Deleted
    19% - 22% on a fairly regular base towards the end of the raid, next chance is sunday. thanks for the tips. when do you start ignoring adds and nuke the boss? how many dancers do you keep on boss duty?

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh I think we had 2 rogues in setup (solo'ing courages) 2dks on rages, 1 warrior on strength > boss and only the tanks stayed on boss full time? (with guardian and ret tanking strengths) with our gear we were well clear of the enrage, we could have kept up the rotation until the end with no trouble at all. But we decided to ring of frost 2 sets of adds for that 'ITS GETTING CLOSE' feeling lol! With reasonable gear, id say there is no need to stop on rages at all. But if healers are getting low on mana, and enrage is creeping up on you, CC at around 20% or so? (You get 3 big DPS windows on bosses at wave 7, 10 and 13 irrc)
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Deleted
    ok he is down! We had 1 Rogue and 1 Off Warri on boss duty. Another Rogue was soaking one Courage, the 2nd Coure Spark was handled by a shadowpriest. In the firstkill everything went smoothly until 30% or so (no one died and felt very controlled and actually easy) then our strength tank died soaking his spark and took 3 players with him^^ I almost called it wipe, looked at the boss Hp moving towards twenty, recognizing no Brez had been used so far and then we went for it!
    Thanks for the help! We are focusing on Garalon, Windlord and Ambershaper Hc´s now. Good Raids to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmasutra View Post
    ok he is down! We had 1 Rogue and 1 Off Warri on boss duty. Another Rogue was soaking one Courage, the 2nd Coure Spark was handled by a shadowpriest. In the firstkill everything went smoothly until 30% or so (no one died and felt very controlled and actually easy) then our strength tank died soaking his spark and took 3 players with him^^ I almost called it wipe, looked at the boss Hp moving towards twenty, recognizing no Brez had been used so far and then we went for it!
    Thanks for the help! We are focusing on Garalon, Windlord and Ambershaper Hc´s now. Good Raids to you.
    Gratz. I'd consider the execution on windlord much easier than Garalon. You can lower all the adds to 20% or so, then kill them off one at a time (after each recklessness exspires) so you only spend aroudn 90 seconds in phase 2 making avoiding wind bombs very easy. (However I believe the conventional tactics of adds>boss>adds>boss>adds>boss to be easier if players can watch their feet!)
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Deleted
    thanks again. Windlord and Garalon are down as well. They were actually much easier for us than Will Hc. Our Ambershaper Kill is very close and I´m preparing for Lei Shi now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shi is far easier than amber shaper. Providing you have a couple of warlocks and a spare DK.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Deleted
    Hey I just made a post regarding our questions on Lei Shi. Would you mind to elaborate your expertise there?
    We do have 2-3 warlocks and could use a spare DK, what are your ideas?
    Our setup and my plans are wrtitten in the post I linked here.
    Your help is so appreciated!

There's no point CCing rages. That was a strat from early on in MoP when people were undergeared and couldn't meet the enrage requirements easily. Just kill the rages 4 at a time and rotate through the 3 hunters for soaking.

We found cc-ing the rages to be pretty beneficial. Killed them 8 at a time. Less waves of sparks is less chances of something screwing up and the extra DPS means the bosses die about 10 minutes in right after the third break so there's no craziness at the end.

We used two death knights alternating grasp and two druids alternating mass entanglement along with a ring of frost.

We had one rogue each soak 100% of the courage sparks. We had two of our melee DPS go tank and soak 100% of the strength sparks. That way the courage target them instead of the real tanks so you can take forever to kill courage and keep almost all your DPS on rage/strength.

This was our video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q4G522gOyQ As you can see even shitty guilds like ours can kill Heroic 25m Will so keep at it and you'll get it.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2013-01-27 at 02:00 AM.