Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't really had a chance to do much soloing, but tonight I plan on trying it some. I'll post my experiences once I get the opportunity.

all I have to say is "darn you kalecgos". I too and an xmogger fanboy. I'm just inspired by the people solo-ing naxx! I'll give it a try these week.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Thorim, I tell the Mindbender to move from one side of the room to the other, which limits his attacks on the construct (he's a considered a pet, so you can direct his actions just like you can a warlock or hunter pet).
    Last edited by Aica; 2012-12-11 at 04:50 PM.
    {[( )]}

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I was able to go and solo all of Hyjal this last week (before reset) Was honestly no issue on the bosses or the adds that spawn in the first area. Since everything is pretty much one tunnel that all adds and both of the first 2 bosses come from. Adds were easy to manage however the second part (horde with Thrall) was a bit trickier not really an issue outside of the encounter actually bugging out after the start. The first set of adds actually NEVER showed up at all so I was running around the entire time looking for them but nothing was there yet once the second set of adds showed up it showed that I had both the first wave and the second wave attacking. This cause a failure that was actually annoying since nothing was dead (all npc's alive everything) But it was annoying.

After that it went without much of a hitch it is just slow to take some add waves down just cause of them being spread out but outside of that things went without a hitch.

First few bosses of Black Temple were just a joke really just have to learn to clean up the Akama fight a bit better on the priest vs my ret being able to just really clear the room within seconds.

Will try some other things later on but I'm going to be out over the next 2 weeks since I'm flying to see family for xmas. But So far I'm liking the stuff I can do on this spriest just have to look at things differently vs being on my Paladin.

Just a word of advice about Chromagus in BWL.. don't forget about dispelling the debuffs... if you get turned you have to wait for it to reset which takes forever.

So I started farming Ulduar 25 for Valanyr shards. So far this lockout I did 9 bosses.

Flame Leviathan 25 - Trivial, just hop between 2 demolishers. Or 3 if needed.
    Razorscale 25 - Trivial, lower ilvl toons are encouraged to take Mindbender and use Fade a lot in p3 to reset stacks
    Ignis 25 - Trivial, make sure don't get spell locked from Flame Jets. Make sure to never let the boss summon pool of fire next to any pool of water. Kite adds onto fire and let them build to 10 stacks. Then kite adds to water and 1 shot them with any spell.
    XT002 25 - Easy, watch mana. Halo the little adds. Use defensive CDs for tantrums. DPS Heart but dont kill it.

Kologarn 25 - Trivial, don't fade aggro onto shadowfiend if you don't wanna get stone gripped
    Iron Council 25 - Hard, rotate defensive CDs for Fusion Punch. Mass Dispelling Fusion punch is not recommended due to mana inefficiency. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj5dPy4C9o0
    Auriaya 25 - Hard, pop all defensive and offensive CDs at start to burst down the cats. Preferably start the fight with 3 orbs.

Hodir 25 - Medium, DPS race, tight enrage timer. Get as much advantage from the npcs as possible. Don't fade aggro onto shadowfiend as it may cause him to target the npcs and kill them instead. PW:Shield completely mitigates Frozen Blows without actually damaging the shield.
    Freya 25 - Trivial, same as 10man.

The rest I haven't done. I tried Mimiron and the only hard part is beating the 10min enrage timer. Even harder to beat than Hodir. Basically each part has 10million health. This means that you pretty much had to do close to 40million damage in 10 minutes. It will become doable real soon though.

So far gotten 8 shards in the past 4 or 5 lockouts or so.

I'm trying to do 10m Ulduar for xmog gear...but I can't seem to get the thorim strat working right...the door behind the first colossus always closes after I get back into the gauntlet, even if I do manage to get the respawned arena mobs to aggro...the entire gauntlet resets and I get stuck there.

Maybe it's poor mindbender placement or something, but is there a write-up anywhere of how to do this? Or do I just need more practice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thorim seems near impossible atm, he's bugged in 25man where no matter where you stand or how quick you hit him etc.. he'll always throw a ball of death at you and with 10man I can't seem to keep the construct up long enough to get back into the gauntlet, mindbender/fiend kill it in one hit so I can't even move them/put them on passive before they get a hit off, very frustrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Thorim seems near impossible atm,
    He is impossible for everyone. If someone tells you that he soloed Thorim ... he used an exploit.
    It's the only encounter from vanilla, bc and wotlk which can't be done solo.

Thorim seems near impossible atm, he's bugged in 25man where no matter where you stand or how quick you hit him etc.. he'll always throw a ball of death at you and with 10man I can't seem to keep the construct up long enough to get back into the gauntlet, mindbender/fiend kill it in one hit so I can't even move them/put them on passive before they get a hit off, very frustrating.
    It has nothing to do with hitting the construct, It has to do with keeping the adds that spawn in the middle room in combat, There's youtube videos of zsunnie who is a few posts up there doing it back at 85 using shadowfiend to keep them in aggro, now you'd have to use one of the pet trinkets. It is possible though, just tricky.

Deleted
    soloing old content is so much easier as a ret pala its insane

Mindbender would hit way too hard at lvl90. It would be better to grab a C'thun or a Yogg trinket to summon a tentacle pet instead.

Deleted
    I do Alysrazor every week to get the mount (no luck so far).
    I've done ICC solo aswell, including LK 25m HC. The boss I've struggled the most with was Yogg 0 lights in 25m. Got him to 10% but then died. The amount of debuffs I get because I can't kill the tentacles fast enough is just over the top

Alysrazor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wsY41tALbw (Test video for recording software tho!)
    LK 25m HC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2HOQBqzq_I
    Last edited by mmoce342955dd4; 2014-01-07 at 09:33 AM.

Take off some gear, especially your weapon. Then once you're past that, you can at least put your weapon back on. I haven't tried 25m, only 10m with this strat. Took a few tries, but I eventually got it with my Shadowfiend not killing him instantly. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    In BWD (only tried as Disc) I've done Magmaw, Omnotron and Atramedes weekly since i wanted the mage lookalike tier head and shoulders for x-mog. Only thing that is a bit of a pain is the dwarfs before Atramedes.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Shadowform now increases the Priest's armor by 100% (up from 60%)."

Well that should make soloing a bit easier.

Anyone knows if LK 25hc is possible as disc priest. I can't find anything about it. I got him to 28% after a few tries, but the silences from the raging spirits seem to be the biggest hurdle.
    I feel like the cleave trinket from malkorok could make a major difference tho.
    Last edited by Talhooo; 2014-01-09 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    28% as a disc? That's really impressive and i would be surprised if you manage to avoid hitting enrage.

28% as disc is indeed impressive. But if you can't find any threads/videos about it chances are nobody has yet to kill him on 25HC. LK has a 15 minute enrage timer I believe.
    How long into the fight does it take you to get to the second transition, and how many raging spirits do you normally kill during the second transition? I am also curious about your strategy as disc in terms of how you handle p1.

Keeping in mind that whatever your iLvl as disc is, the DPS you need to kill LK on 25HC is about what shadow can pull at ilvl547ish.
    Last edited by zsun; 2014-01-09 at 09:12 AM.

Not sure what time I get into the transition, I've only had about 15 tries because I clearly couldn't beat enrage, but it's about 10s-20s before the 4th shambler spawns (I pop drums of rage for this). I'm only able to kill 1 raging spirit during transition. And then I'll need to start kiting for a while with feathers till I get down the raging spirits. If only I found a better way to evade the silence of the spirits, I feel like I could beat enrage. Or if I could get the dps cleave trinket from malkorok.

My tactics aren't anything special during P1. I just tank everything and only nuke LK. DPS cloak takes care of the ghouls and I think the first shambler will be around 50% during transition. Mind you my gear is 580.