Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sickestnerdchills View Post
    It seems like a lot of people in here have never PvP'ed without Blood Fear. If you had you would realize it's a bull talent. They don't have to compensate for us losing it, warlocks have to compensate for not having it. It was a crutch and I'm glad it's gone
    no.

looks like someone [you] has never pvp'd in MoP.

Well after hearing many longtime locks cry because affliction wasn't the spec of choice for pvp "I like all 3 specs and variety personally" having demo nerfed into the ground should most likely cheer up the veterans so I guess I can be happy for them at least "sighs".

As far as blood fear goes it doesn't matter to me either way because as always i'll make due. But as much as I do agree that the aura and cw nerfs were needed I feel they were overnerfed and after blood fear gets nerfed we are left with an affliction spec that is a shell of its former self for pvp and little to no real viability for the rest of the xpac. Demo has solid control and constant "pressure" damage but will continue to struggle at high ratings when smart players cc the big demon with wings. And destro is bursty but lacks ways to get off chaos bolts so losing blood fear crushes that spec especially since they pulled cataclysm. Again at high ratings shutting down chaos bolt is not much of a problem for smart players. So we are left with affliction once again only this time it's a gimped version of its former self but I guess I should'nt complain. Although it does seem that when locks have problems the nerf hammer stikes swiftly and without mercy wheras mages have been a problem for awhile and they get "slap on the wrist" nerfs at best. It seems alittle bias from where I sit but i'm not directly involved so i'm sure there is a "reason" mages are so powerful and i'll just keep my head down and play.

This class needs a MAJOR rework again like nadagast said in his official wow forums post although it is doubtful this late into the xpac and I think it's sad because I really loved alot of the changes to destro and demo this xpac as far as pvp and fun were concerned. Maybe next xpac demo and destro can shine and I won't be "forced" to play affliction again because that spec is starting to get real old to me. And offtopic i'd like to say "what up" to xelnath and welcome back brohammer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Aff is actually viable, a few of the highest rated locks in the game are playing Aff right now. i feel like trink nerf hurts all specs but mostly demo since the ramp up time is high so imo you'll see more affliction and destro.. destro is a huge pain over 2k so that leaaaaves.....?

On topic though; i agree with your point about BF in the state of the game as it is. needed.

anyone who thinks they're fly by hating on BF the way things are right now in arena is clowning.

it sucks.. but its necessary. if they nerf it without compensation and you like pvp..it's gonna be less than 'ideal'.
    Yes, and they play demo and destro as well.
    Does that mean the speces is viable? No, they just play what they prefer for the comp and hope to make the best out of it since all 3 speces are currently shit.

Also, I'm fairly sure that anyone who says it needs to get nerfed or to be removed wants to get a proper compensate for it as well.

Deleted
    Can't believe that warlocks are STILL being hit by nerfs when they're as poor / mediocre at best in pvp as they are right now.

I agree that instant CC is a bit crap and needs removing, but warlocks don't seem to be in a place where repetitive nerfs are particularly justifiable right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Yeah, when they don't get a proper replacement.... blood fear is just stupid at the moment.
    Also, warlocks never had big problems with getting fears casted, yet they were considered one of the top cc classes. If warlocks and other classes would get fixed in terms of cc, dmg and everything else, there is no need for blood fear.
    Because we used to have Unstable Affliction to deter people from dispelling our fears.

Now we have Unstable Tickle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Because we used to have Unstable Affliction to deter people from dispelling our fears.

Now we have Unstable Tickle.
    Playing Devil's Advocate, but I thought their philosophy for dispells were clear: cooldown, high cost, only for when needed, combine with the Silence. Does it not work out that way?

In line with burst damage mattering less and less and sustained pressure becoming a thing again affliction locks will regain their strength. There are a few tweaks needed, maybe a glyph lowering malefic grasp damage (enough to not make it worth it in pve) and increasing dot damage and UA dispel damage, and a change to pet sac to dots instead. Many options, but with the game changing a lot at the moment, it might not be a fix for warlocks that's needed, but a nerf of others.

A revert of the dispel system would be nice as well, but we wont ever see that I reckon.

Stop the nerfbat on the cool/unique things that are custom to warlocks arsenal.
    Going from the top of my played toons for years, to the least played in a matter of 2-3 weeks due to the recent over exaggerated nerfs.
    *logs back on warrior/mage/hunter*

Warlocks through the years have never struggled horribly to get fears off.. I dont see what the issue is.

my personal problem with it is simply the fact there is nothing I can do about it. when a mage tries to sheep me, I can stop it. when he tries to ring me or deep freeze even.. I can react to it by using my skills at the right time.. but what can I do about an instant fear? nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Warlocks through the years have never struggled horribly to get fears off.. I dont see what the issue is.

my personal problem with it is simply the fact there is nothing I can do about it. when a mage tries to sheep me, I can stop it. when he tries to ring me or deep freeze even.. I can react to it by using my skills at the right time.. but what can I do about an instant fear? nothing.
    So a class is overpowered if your class cant counter everything it has? gg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Stay on your lock, endure through the bad.
    Wasn't that cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account

You can blanket silence and stun like everyone else in the game spams blanket silences and stuns

Deleted
    The reward for dispelling a warlock's fear through UA is far higher than the risk. Simply put.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Yes, and they play demo and destro as well.
    Does that mean the speces is viable? No, they just play what they prefer for the comp and hope to make the best out of it since all 3 speces are currently shit.

Also, I'm fairly sure that anyone who says it needs to get nerfed or to be removed wants to get a proper compensate for it as well.
    lol, aff is not that bad. it's not crazy strong but the word 'viable' is so over-used and mutated..all i hear when people say that specs are 'not viable' is 'it's not a faceroll'. Is that what you meant? because you couldnt have meant it's 'not viable' in the sense that it's impossible to play at high levels because several locks play it at high levels..sooo i dont follow.

Anyways, you should read simplexity's post below..probably the best analysis of the spec as it stands.

i dont understand the second part of your post..its a forgone conclusion that we want compensation. strange thing to say.

Then you should look harder, this isnt a warlock issue, this is a global issue, everyone have thousands of instant CC/Interrupt/Escape mechanism.

Try playing without blood fear in MoP PvP, being the only guy on the map hardcasting his CC is funny at first, then you realize you're losing your time and hop on the bandwagon.

Also, Affli isnt that bad since the KJ buff.

Deleted
    As he said in the video, the talent was intended to be a defensive thing NOT an offensive thing. I think it much more likely that we'll see a change along the lines of *when we lose 10%(or whatever number) of our max hp we get an instant fear or the target automatically gets feared.
    That'd be even more overpowered than it currently is in a way because it would basically force you to ignore the warlock.

My only problem is Blizzard never balances the warlock class from a complete package perspective when nerfing things like blood fear. Warlocks are already below average represented in arenas this season and declining since the destro/demo nerfs. I'm absolutely done with demo already post 1 trick pony nerf. Nerfing blood fear then changing nothing else will just have warlocks as a whole declining that much more in arenas.

I'm also sick of this "health cost" tier. Nobody acknowledges the drawback of high healthcosts, so these abilities are always held to the same standard as every other ability that doesn't cost health. Don't give us health costs if they're just going to be treated the same as everything else.

They can put a max range of 5 yards or something on Blood Fear ; this way we can´t fear ´´everybody´´ on the map , just the melees that are near us xD

I hope this is the start of Blizzard reworking crowd control in general. Gone are the days when classes needed CC to do well in PvE, so now they can work it almost exclusively to work in PvP.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    They want to get rid of that PvP where instant cast are the norm, they dont want to get fucked for free while things like feral cyclone remain untouched
    that's pretty much bullshit. they added 21 abilities/spells that were instant and did not exist before 5.0

they don't want to fix anything, they want people to stay around forever waiting on the upcoming fix.

IMBALANCE keeps people playing as much as content and MMO creators have known this for 20 years. it's the ultimate dangling carrot.

"well i wanna quit but they're about to fix my hunter, so i'll stick around"