Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should adult incest be allowed?

Now before you're thinking of ewww disgusting etc. Don't you think you should be able to choose who you want to be with?
    Years ago interracial marriage was considert as Not acceptable. It became acceptable
    Then it was the gay community, They're widely accept today, Though ofcourse not everywhere but it is going towards the good way for the gay people.
    When we all want fairness and equality why shouldn't it be accepted to marry your brother or your sister?
    Is it really fair to be told no you can't marry your sibling because "we" the goverment won't allow it?

And then there is the whole sick children issue, If everyone who is carrying the most lethal desease or someone with very bad genetics is accepted to have children why should this be an issue for people who want to participate in incest?
    Don't get me wrong though i'm not actually interessted in having a relationship with someone in my family, I just find it strange why this is so unacceptable.
    Should it really bother other people who you want to marry, wether thats a man or a woman or your brother and sister?

And if the children factor is such a big deal to people personally, What about gay incest where its just not possible, Would that be ok?
    Opinions?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they're safe and don't have kids, there really isn't a problem with it. Hell, once you get past a couple generations, incest doesn't really... matter outside of social stigma.

Sure, yeah, not my problem.

i have the feeling this is going to be a topic full of trolls.

still i wouldn't mind.
    just make sure the can't adopt the baby if it's not 100% healthy
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    As long as they're safe and don't have kids, there really isn't a problem with it. Hell, once you get past a couple generations, incest doesn't really... matter outside of social stigma.
    I don't really see why the kids would really be a problem as what with i've written in my OP, You can make children when you're sick normally, Older women are allowed to have kids ( if they still can ) They have a much higher risk too of concieving a sick child. But it doesen't have to, Just like with incest you don't have to get a sick child. While its more likely its still not a 100%

No, and I'm not sure where you get the idea that gay community is widely accepted.

For all of the subjects you listed try it out Blizzard style, if you have to ask if something is an exploit it probably is, same way here.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wromthrax View Post
    No, and I'm not sure where you get the idea that gay community is widely accepted.

For all of the subjects you listed try it out Blizzard style, if you have to ask if something is an exploit it probably is, same way here.
    Maybe widely accepted is the wrong word, But it improved quite a lot in the past years.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It promotes shitty genes to be inherited on the off chance one of them inherits it, even if it is recessive compared to other alternatives you have stated. It could very well cause a problem later on down the road as said genes get passed to more people if they decide they want a family. I'm not talking 100% because that's idiotic, but the risk factor is still higher. Of course if direct relatives want kids they will anyway, but it's just something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Wromthrax View Post

it is steadily improving though
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I honestly couldn't care less, unless it's parent-kid. That's full on messed up, rather than kind of messed up.

The reason why I think it should not be allowed is degeneration from inbreeding.

It weakens the gene pool. It will lead to even more genetic disorders.

On the topic of having a child through incest, most people will tell you this is why it should be banned and that the child will be "inbred", causing it to have some degenerative disease or something along those lines.

While this can be true if and only if there is a history of family illness passed down through generations, on the other side of the coin however, birth through incest in a healthy family with no history of genetic illness is actually stronger for the families gene pool in the long run, there is no outside "contamination". There are lots of animals in the world who do just this, breeding inside the family to keep a bloodline pure and free from external harm.

So in actual fact, it is not "more likely" to get a sick child from incest, only if your family is has some genetic disease to begin with. It is in fact far more likely that you will birth a child with a stronger gene pool than if it was birthed through regular circumstances.

Scientific truth aside though, I think it is more of a cultural problem that would block out this kind of thing today, too many people see it as "wrong" for it to ever have a place in modern society.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be harmful to the DNA of any children. So I don't think children should be allowed, if that's at all possible. But If you want to sleep with your twin... I'm not going to stop you.
    Research does not consist of eating some lead based paint, checking what people are saying on the forums and then pretending like you know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    it is steadily improving though
    Yeah, but hardly widely accepted (though this depends on your country)

I'm just going to go with that whole there is a limit on what is acceptable and not. I'd rather my kid tell me they're going to marry their same gender friend rather than their sister or brother.

People will want to marry animals soon

It is just.. so weird. Especially within the close family.. sorry to be that guy

Quote Originally Posted by koontakent View Post
    I'm just going to go with that whole there is a limit on what is acceptable and not. I'd rather my kid tell me they're going to marry their same gender friend rather than their sister or brother.

People will want to marry animals soon
    Except animals can't consent or anything, so ya know it's a little bit different.

England has been a predominate force in the world with an incesteral monarchy...

Well, when the monarchy had power...

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't bother me in the slightest who other people want to be with, why should we be allowed to tell someone they can't be with a person?
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    thats....nasty a dude banging his sister or cousins is just wrong yeah people used to do it in the pass but do you think you really want to stick you penis in your sister?...why would you think about that?.....I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE!!!