Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dark Souls 2 Announced!

Hello fellow Souls' fans!

So a direct sequel to Dark Souls was announced at the VGAs today.

Trailer was pulled down ):

Anyone else extremely excited for this? I know I am.

I'm really hoping they improve on things like Elemental Weapons and their upgrades, but overall I'm just really excited
    Last edited by Rusken; 2012-12-08 at 05:23 AM.

My hype is through the roof. And I was so happy to see that they're including PC as one of their platforms on launch. It makes me really happy that the PC version of Dark Souls was successful enough for them to consider it again. (: This is gonna be so great! I can't wait to hear more. I'm thinking that it's probably a prequel, but it's too early to say!

It will certainly be interesting to see what kind of timeline it's set in. They would really have to go further back than AotA for it to be a prequel, then they have two options for a sequel. Needless to say, I'm pumped xD

Deleted
    Trailer was pulled, official one too... odd.

Can't wait to find out more about this. I'm really glad that the Souls games are continuing to be a thing.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why bother showing it on VGA, then take it off. =\

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Not sure why bother showing it on VGA, then take it off. =\
    Yeah that was pretty lame. My guess is that they're probably being teasing little bitches. I hope they at least reveal some info soon to satiate my curiosity.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMGOMOGMOMGOMGOMG!!!!

Please! Everyone, forget about the games you are currently working on and just help them finish Dark Souls 2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    OMGOMOGMOMGOMGOMG!!!!

Please! Everyone, forget about the games you are currently working on and just help them finish Dark Souls 2!!!
    Noo! They'd try to put perks and easy mode in it, let FromSoft take as long as they want to make it live up to expectations.

Hype is at critical levels! =D

It will be released for X360/Ps3/PC

Official Site: http://www.darksoulsii.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    snip
    Oh wow, didn't take long for the gifs to start showing up! It looks awesome though. I'm dying to know all the background information behind this stuff. Dark Souls lore is some of my favorite, and I'm so eager to get more of it! Really hope that they give us some insight soon. I'm not sure if I'll be able to contain myself with just a single trailer!

I've never played Dragon Souls or Dark Souls so I really didn't feel much from the trailer. Sure it looked cinematic looks good but it doesn't interest me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I've never played Dragon Souls or Dark Souls so I really didn't feel much from the trailer. Sure it looked cinematic looks good but it doesn't interest me.
    Demon's Souls

But you are missing out my friend, without a doubt best RPGs I've played in a loooooong time.

Know what makes me happy? PC release.

Hopefully they bring on some people who are experienced porting to PC this time : )

Deleted
    Oh what a tease... I need details!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    I just hope they outsource the PC port to some developer with actual experience on the PC.

Deleted
    I'm super excited.
    Any word on what platforms it will be available on ? Are we talking next-gen, or the current gen ? Or was there no mention ? If it's next-gen (and not available on PC), then this is a system-seller for me!
    I'm rambling - sorry. Excited!
    edit: according to joystiq it'll be available on ps3, 360 and pc - yay!
    Last edited by mmoc167933ed71; 2012-12-08 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drglenn View Post
    I'm super excited.
    Any word on what platforms it will be available on ? Are we talking next-gen, or the current gen ? Or was there no mention ? If it's next-gen (and not available on PC), then this is a system-seller for me!
    I'm rambling - sorry. Excited!
    Official site says PS3, X360 and PC as release platforms.

It's gonna be available on current-gen consoles and PC as already said in this thread.

Edit: A working trailer: