10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM

Is there a 3 day trial for storm legion? i know about the dec 14-18 one

I was just curious if there was a 3 day storm legion trial for previous subscribers so i could take a little longer to decide if storm legion is for me.

Also i have a question about how casual content is treated now. In classic i had full expert gear but i wasnt that much into raiding, so i wanted to progress in a more casual fashion in pve (not pvp, thats what i do in rift for progression) by doing stuff like experts and rifts. But my problem was that the gear took 500 ISS or more for each upgrade and there was about 5 upgrades to go through, so this turned the gear into a pointless grind because getting raid gear was easier.

With SL has the game been made more accessable for people like myself? Can i just do more solo content such as rifts and experts but still have a long term gear goal to work on after ive gotten the easy stuff, so that in the end my gear is not on par with someone who raids but pretty close?
    Last edited by Fishyface; 2012-12-11 at 04:22 PM.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    I was just curious if there was a 3 day storm legion trial for previous subscribers so i could take a little longer to decide if storm legion is for me.

Also i have a question about how casual content is treated now. In classic i had full expert gear but i wasnt that much into raiding, so i wanted to progress in a more casual fashion in pve (not pvp, thats what i do in rift for progression) by doing stuff like experts and rifts. But my problem was that the gear took 500 ISS or more for each upgrade and there was about 5 upgrades to go through, so this turned the gear into a pointless grind because getting raid gear was easier.

With SL has the game been made more accessable for people like myself? Can i just do more solo content such as rifts and experts but still have a long term gear goal to work on after ive gotten the easy stuff, so that in the end my gear is not on par with someone who raids but pretty close?
    I think personally you will LOVE the changes, For casual players, you can get upgradeable gear from Infinity stones, really quite cheap at first (I think its in the region of 50-150 per piece) then its about 200 to upgrade each time, considering certain zone events drop anywhere from 11-40 Infinity stones, It's not hard at all =), also BIS relic items drop from Volan himself (massive collosi) in your own personal lootbag, which everyone can partake in! Also they've introduced loot caches that randomly drop at the end of zone events, so randomly from doing zone events you get an blue/ epic item at the end.

They've also got a awesome new solo dungeon coming on wedneday and there is a ton of solo content and epic questlines in the world, not to mention with the rewards from hunt RIFTs you've always got at least 20-40 people out farming them as one massive group on my so called 'low' population shard :P, if your from NA tho, I believe all shards are constantly medium+ population =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    also BIS relic items drop from Volan himself (massive collosi) in your own personal lootbag, which everyone can partake in!
    I've seen someone get relic in a zone event in Ashora or Steepes forget which one it was now.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I've seen someone get relic in a zone event in Ashora or Steepes forget which one it was now.
    yeah, one of the rogues on my realm got this relic dagger and me and seatin were sorta seething with jealousy! what a lucky bastard!
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

It's still a bit of grind (but so is raiding if you think about it), but getting gear outside of raids is much easier now. Hunt rifts are always going on and they're easy to get into, and there are pretty frequent zone events which reward the highest level rift currency as well.

I'm slowly gearing up (I'm a super casual player for the most part) through dungeons and rifts right now and it doesn't really feel like grinding. The old rift based gearing system just felt like it would take forever (and kinda did), but this one moves at quite a nice pace.