Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    That and not gating shado pan and august celestials behind the golden lotus dailies.
    Yeah that pissed me off too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    I hate PvP but it's not retarded.
    I hate dailies too and they ARE retarded.
    Now what?
    Logic... You're doing it wrong.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i agree with this, putting the shado pan and august celestials behind golden lotus instead of just being out there to do wasnt a good design choice.

also the august celestials shouldve had more story to them they felt pretty lacking compared to all the others
    The only reason I did not put this in and do not agree is because having literally ALL of the dailies available at once would probably have been nuts.

Personally, I didn't really even care that much about the current system, and only found Golden Lotus slightly annoying. Plus the story at least makes sense as to why its gated that way.

There'll be dailies that force you into PVP situations, and trolls. Lots and lots of trolls. With apostrophes in their names, because that's how just how they do things. Zul'adnauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I guess that makes me his identical twin. If there weren't dailies, I'd do exactly what the Devs said people were doing in Dragon Soul: Log in for raid, raid one or two nights a week, log off, repeat. These gives me something to do every day. Also, you might want to look up the definition of retarded because using that word as if it's an undeniable fact in several posts is a bit lacking.

That said, I expect just one long raid in 5.2 with a daily hub attached.
    Not having anything to do outside of raids = bad developers and content designers, not "dailies = awesomeness + the only thing to do outside of raids".
    Dailies MIGHT have been a great idea if they were a) fun, b)not artificial gating, c)made mandatory for raiders too (as a note, I am NOT raiding )

I used to play a lot more before and raid full time, for ages now I've been casual, not even doing heroics - only a few scenarios, dailies, gold farming, alting, etc. Dailies suit my needs as well - log in and do stuff every day. But a), b) and c) still stand valid.

In reverse order:

C) Sorry, but even blues said they kinda overdid the daily rewards in regard to raiding. And I've experienced this with an alt of mine. I reach max level, what happens next? Farm heroics for gear. And how to fill gear gaps? JP? Sounds awesome - you farm 463-dropping places in order to win some points to spend on 458-items. Logic? Then I farm some more heroics in order to win some VP too, to boost my items. How? By having the earliest possible rewards unlock at Golden Lotus revered.Whaaat? I farmed my ass off on my main to unlock every faction, and now if I want to have a raiding alt, I need to artifically spent another 2 weeks farming rep before I can get something with VP? Screw this ridiculous gating, honestly. The simple fact that you earn valor 10 times slower than in previous expansions (I so loved you, wotlk-ish 7 heroics) and the VP cap is lower. Isn't this enough gating? Which leads to:

B) Gating. Artificial gating. Someone before me said it - putting such an obstacles before Shado-Pan and August Celestials was dumb. Let me take the content as fast as I want. Some people want to rush through everything quickly so that they can take it easy for the other 3 months. Some want steady gameplay every day. With risk to be proclaimed as a "fanboy" - GW2 has a brilliant idea introduced, which can be developped soooo much - "monthly" achievements or quests. You have a monthly limit. It's up to you how you do it - you either burn through it for 3 days if you so desire , or you reach it for 1 month by playing casually every day. Right now I AM obliged to play every day.

A) Fun. THe biggest issue. I remember the Shado-Pan daily where you roll down the mountain - I can do this over and over every day 10 times in a row if needed. But the amount of fun quests like that is like 5%. The rest 95% is slow, boring, tedious crap. Every day. Every week. I'm sorry, but how you find this "fun" is beyond my imagination.

-snip-
    It's...it's...it's almost like...no wait...it couldn't me...but maybe...

It's almost like...people like different things!

brainexplosion.jpg

Although it is funny how you drastically exaggerate smaller things that have existed for years now, like complaining about an alt having to farm rep even if your main has the right amount -or- even gated content (BC says 'hello' by the way), as if its a game-breaking feature.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-08 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Although it is funny how you drastically exaggerate smaller things that have existed for years now, like complaining about an alt having to farm rep even if your main has the right amount -or- even gated content (BC says 'hello' by the way), as if its a game-breaking feature.
    I was thinking BC too. Back in BC, raiding with more than 1 toon ? pffff.... impossibru !

Btw the only faction I found a little bit tedious was Shado-pan(loves the NIuzao temple ones, hated the rest) and The Anglers.
    I loved the lore behind Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, The Tillers even August Celestials werent that bad. Now I just have to do the 5.1 ones and I wish there was more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    I was thinking BC too. Back in BC, raiding with more than 1 toon ? pffff.... impossibru !

Btw the only faction I found a little bit tedious was Shado-pan(loves the NIuzao temple ones, hated the rest) and The Anglers.
    I loved the lore behind Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, The Tillers even August Celestials werent that bad. Now I just have to do the 5.1 ones and I wish there was more.
    Or how about just resistance fights? Blizzard didn't need to manually gate the opening of raids like they did in MoP back then, the resistance gear gating was more than good enough. Or the attunements. That I've specifically not mentioned until now because its ANOTHER gating they used to do.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-08 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like dailies too! although it would be nice to have a little less randomness. being allowed to pick a hub yourself for AC for example would be nice.

i hate doing nizuao temple almost every day....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It's...it's...it's almost like...no wait...it couldn't me...but maybe...

It's almost like...people like different things!

brainexplosion.jpg

This so much when will people get this through there thick skulls.

The people that DON'T get this are the retarded ones.

I love having a variety of things to do when I log in.

I 100% love the way MoP is turning out.

I sometimes do Pet Battles.
    I sometimes do Dailies (./gasp I DON'T do these every day).
    I sometimes do some scenarios.
    I sometimes level my Monk.
    I sometimes go artefact hunting (Rare BoA items)
    I sometimes do Archeolagy.
    I sometimes (try) to do Challenge Modes.

Actually sometimes I am overwhelmed with the choice!

Ironically the one thing I don't do very much any more is normal heroic 5 mans I am defo now burnt out on those and have no desire to smash my face into them a zillion times to get rep, I am 100% glad they removed the faction tabard.

Could the system be better, of course it could, what system is ever perfect for everyone?

One of the best ideas I have seen was a Tabard that gave you rep for that faction for killing rares, this would have to be capped in some way of course (and not sure if you can do that and dailies on the same day).
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2012-12-08 at 11:35 AM.

Panduar is going to be the next raid, It's Ulduar, but all of the bosses are Sha color.

Deleted
    Make a poll who liked the Firelands daily hub, make a poll who liked the Argend Tournament dailies, make a poll who likes the Klaxxii brain damaging pile of dailies and we'll see the results Don't talk out of nothing Cheers.
    Instead of spouting crap as you are, how about you think of a way to make dailies not retarded? How about you offer a way to get people out in the world instead of afk'ing in org?
    More importantly why are they retarded? Other than the fact you do them every day (or every few days, depends if you're a no lifer :P ), I don't think you even care what daily it is, just because its a blue quest marker its retarded, am I hitting the ball in the right area?

OT: I think it will be Rise of the Thunder King, maybe it will be on Zandalar Island, though it was wreched by the cataclysm, it is possible we get to go there i guess. I hope theres another titan facility like Ulduar, maybe with an old god Lei Shen is trying to gain control of :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Theyll somehow add dailys to it, just watch
    Well guess what I like Dailies & I welcome them.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Well, this got derailed into a thread about dailies.

OT: pretty sure it's indeed obvious what the raid will probably entail. I just hope it involves elements of setting up more of the Garrosh storyline ... I almost don't see how it can't, with the way they're tying things in.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I hate PvP but it's not retarded.
    I hate dailies too and they ARE retarded.
    Now what?
    Now you have two opinions. Neither one really matters.

At the bottom of the ocean even light must die. In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.

Surprise old god raid.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    they already said in those interviews on the front page [...] that the raid will be ulduar-esque.
    what does that even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's supposed to be an Ulduar quality raid so... Really excited no matter what it is. If they can pull through on this, I'll never question them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    It's interesting though, how Lorewalker Cho quotes in Mogu'shan Vaults that this is not the last we have seen of Gara'Jal.
    I find it hard to contemplate blizzard recycling Gara'Jal with new abilities and a different tactic.
    Mogu'shan Vaults was merely a setback!

BTW, he kinda implies it himself when you kill him :P
    Ashr

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    This so much when will people get this through there thick skulls.

The people that DON'T get this are the retarded ones.

I love having a variety of things to do when I log in.

I 100% love the way MoP is turning out.

I sometimes do Pet Battles.
    I sometimes do Dailies (./gasp I DON'T do these every day).
    I sometimes do some scenarios.
    I sometimes level my Monk.
    I sometimes go artefact hunting (Rare BoA items)
    I sometimes do Archeolagy.
    I sometimes (try) to do Challenge Modes.

Actually sometimes I am overwhelmed with the choice!

Ironically the one thing I don't do very much any more is normal heroic 5 mans I am defo now burnt out on those and have no desire to smash my face into them a zillion times to get rep, I am 100% glad they removed the faction tabard.

Could the system be better, of course it could, what system is ever perfect for everyone?

One of the best ideas I have seen was a Tabard that gave you rep for that faction for killing rares, this would have to be capped in some way of course (and not sure if you can do that and dailies on the same day).
    and those who don't like these things you mention, what are they supposed to do?, what if raiding or PvP is the only thing that person likes?, just because you like these boring things doesn't make them fun for others, and it certainly does not make them retarded at all.