Thread: [Music] Queen

15+ Year Old Account

[Music] Queen

Okay.. enough playing around with your dubstep and you J-Pop stuff. It's time for some classic shit!

QUEEN! RIP Freddie.

Post more Queen or your memories of their music.

Deleted
    One of the greatest bands of all time, I like killer queen myself
    Last edited by mmoc80aa88b997; 2012-12-08 at 07:08 AM.

By no means am I a Queen aficionado but my favorite song by them is the one from Sean of the Dead that plays on the jukebox in the pub.

If that song starts playing when I am doing *anything* I am -instantly- better at whatever it was I was doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    By no means am I a Queen aficionado but my favorite song by them is the one from Sean of the Dead that plays on the jukebox in the pub.

If that song starts playing when I am doing *anything* I am -instantly- better at whatever it was I was doing.
    Don't Stop me Now iirc.

My favorites are Fat Bottomed Girls and Another One Bites the Dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Deleted

So sad that I never got the chance to see him

Deleted
    I've never really been a fan of Queen but I like Bicycle a lot.

Their songs are pretty good, they just don't attract me that much.

Deleted
    For some reason we always sing Bohemian Rhapsody with my friends when we're drunk. Our singing probably sound terrible. I don't know why I said this but Queen indeed is one of my favourite bands ever, my personal favourite being the same legendary song I mentioned.

I love Queen. It's real music :P

Freddie really was the best front man.

I hope you guys know this song, its a true deep cut off of Sheer Heart Attack. By far my favorite Queen song

Gnome Pride!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Queen - Now I'm Here
    So sad that I never got the chance to see him
    That riff <3

Mr Mercury is without a doubt one of the most remarkable rock singers and songwriters of all time. My favourite song though, is written by the allmighty Brian May.

One of the greatest rock bands ever, and still underrated!
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Here's just a couple of my favs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    One of the greatest rock bands ever, and still underrated!
    Cannot agree on that...
    Queen WAS underrated while Freddie was still alive, unfortunately. They are now getting the value they've always had.

I'm from the generation that belongs to the 70s.. Let me say what happened.
    The problem with Queens reputation was not Queens quality itself. It was the burden that was placed onto their shoulders from the beginning.
    Back then there was one giant above everything else. Undisputed, unmatched... Led Zeppelin.
    Zep however had one philosophy, ever since and still up to today... We don't give a shit what the industry wants us to do. We do what we want.
    They toured, and released albums as they pleased, not as it was expected.
    So Zep created void zones. Queen rose during one of those "Zep dry times". They were praised by critics as the legitimate possible successor of Led Zeppelin.
    Minor detail, Zep hadn't called it quit. They still delivered, and even milestones of albums past that time.
    Queen still rose. They cranked out 3 phenomenal albums in a row. Sheer Heart Attack, A Night at the Opera, and A Day at the Races.
    Their huge success was amazing, since they kinda contradicted the tendency in Rock. The synthy influence back then was strong and very popular.
    It's the reason why you find the note on those albums that they are recorded without any synthesizer usage.
    But then, after those 3 albums their career kind of started to stall.. The Album News of the World did not reach the success of the predecessors at first.
    Despite of the classic anthems We will rock you, and We are the Champions. They rather hindered the album to be successful at first.
    It was rather a no-go to go mainstream. Rock was not only music, it was also part of a generation conflict. Class conflict, if you will.
    Then came the nose dive.. Studio albums that failed to get accepted....
    Jazz, The Game, Flash Gordon and Hot Space...
    They shown Queen as a shadow of their former selves. Just to avoid calling the albums terrible.
    No one really cared too much about Queen anymore.
    Then things changed slowly back...
    The Works came out, with some mighty good rock on it.
    After that, the major rebirth happened with A Kind of Magic.
    Who wants to live forever, a mega hit, awesome album, and a the same time soundtrack to Highlander.
    That put them back into business, bigger than ever.
    The Miracle delivered too.. The change in the bands style was now accepted...
    Yet then there was the big bummer...... Innuendo, a master piece. In my opinion Queens best album ever.
    But overshadowed by the tragic news. Freddie was dying. It was but a matter of when....
    Listening to the album, knowing that the man that sings there with such tremendous power and emotion does so, because he knows he is terminally ill, gives you chills.
    Even more so on the last album with him, Made in Heaven.

Here's a gem....... Queen at Live Aid 1985 in full length...... Music History. And the part when Freddie works the crowd.... Awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF is wrong with all of you.

13 posts and no one posts Bohemian Rhapsody?

I love that song

Putin khuliyo

One of my fave Queen songs:

I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Don't Stop me Now iirc.

My favorites are Fat Bottomed Girls and Another One Bites the Dust.
    you are correct, it was indeed Don't Stop Me Now. "David, kill the Queen!" "WHAT?!?" "The bloody jukebox!!" love that scene

never was a huge aficionado, but won't turn off the radio if they come on (except sometimes We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions) the way I always will shut it off when it's Kid Crock... definitely would fall into the category of "newer" Queen fans, as I knew nothing about them until Wayne's World, but making up for it now, and totally love Killer Queen, You're My Best Friend, Stone Cold Crazy (much better than Metallica's cover) etc.
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

I was too young to know queen myself, or to have been to a concert.
    but for me, i can get the feels if i watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGZYhicYTug
    the way he works the crowd, this is what you call a "performer" and an "artist" in the full sense of the world
    Queen is awesome, and forever will be.
    Freddie might be dead, but Queen will Live forever

10+ Year Old Account
    I still remember where I was, bowling alley in Baumholder, when I first heard that Freddie died.

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Love this one!!

Though with their songs it was hard to pick just one to fave, they are all so good. My boys are now avid Queen fans, always borrowing my cds (8yrs old and 4yrs old)