Poll: Should Tri spec be available?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should tri spec be implemented?

With Blizzard trying to make every spec viable for PvE and PvP (not successfully, but it seems better than ever) it seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

With warlocks in particular, all 3 specs have their niche. This prompts us to switch spec from fight to fight based on the mechanics. Or perhaps 2 PvE specs and a PvP one on the side.

Whatever the case, it seems now more than ever it should be implemented.

Master of puppets I'm pullin' your strings!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it shouldn't.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, tri-spec should not be implemented. It would literally make it so nobody had to really think about how they wanted to play the game as they would just choose the spec of the day rather than playing how they want to regardless if others think it's right or not.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I want to say no, but I really see no reason at all why it shouldn't be implemented. Convenience is convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    No, tri-spec should not be implemented. It would literally make it so nobody had to really think about how they wanted to play the game as they would just choose the spec of the day rather than playing how they want to regardless if others think it's right or not.
    It's not difficult at all to go back to any city and respec to the "spec of the day", this would just cut down on time.

I think druids would benefit from it the most, I'm still sort of against it though.

Obviously yes, and it's only a matter of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.... that would be stupid.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

I say yes, though I don't have as much of a need for it now than before. Before I Would have to go to the trainer so many times a week just to switch talents around in the same spec, but thankfully I don't have to go to a trainer now for that.

Wow, december eight. Thats a new record for most days in a month without someone asking for tri spec.

I voted yes. Why? Because basically all it amounts to is an additional button lay out store. It's piss-easy to change your spec as it is, the only problem is that it's a complete pain in the ass to rearrange all your fucking bars from tank, to healer, to DPS, (to MDPS in the case of druids).

I think a better way to phrase it rather than "trispec" is having a saved button lay out for each possible spec (which would allow druids to have 4, one for Resto, one for balance, one for guardian feral, and one for DPS feral.

Yes. It's just a QoL issue at this point. Having to port to SW/Org, find the class trainer, spend gold, respec, waste time working on keybinds for spec specific spells... so annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    You think people don't do this already? It isn't like having to hearth and get summoned back to a raid is difficult. At this point it is just a minor inconvenience to respec, there used to be a 'fun feeling' of dumping 60 talents and having to pick out new ones. (Even that got pretty old once you knew the cookie cutter specs).

I really believe they should just make the specialization tab like the talent \ glyph tab, where you can just switch it on the fly. No more dual spec tabs, you just do everything in the 3 tabs on the fly.

Deleted
    Yes it should.
    I play a warrior and I have 2 pve specs (prot and fury) and i hate to respec, rearrange all my actionbars and macros every time I want to do arenas of bgs.

yes, because at the moment we can swap glyphs and talents, there is no reason to keep just 2.
    however to get third spec, you need to do tons of work redoing all bars and hotkeys, this is a huge inconvenience

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    No, it shouldn't.
    this is my answer as well...Should quad specs be allowed for druids?? Give people an inch and they try and take a mile. Its still a game and a game needs some sort of limitations. I think blizzard should have a god mode and just let me easily solo every instance. That's after they give me all the top tier loot for free and without wasting my time. This is after they max out all my profession and give me every recipe. This is after they supply me with an atm that will give me all the mats and gold I ever need. This is after they just put all my toons at max level at the start of each xpack. Wait!! I hate you blizzard you give me nothing to do!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mortauk; 2012-12-08 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and I say no too....

hell, I'd be fine if they'd go back to one spec again. Wasn't too much of a problem to re-spec before. Just supports convenience.
    Unfortunately in WoW, convenience gets abused into laziness. And that certainly doesn't need much more promotion.
    Hence NO.. leave as it is.

pre MOP I would say yes, since to do PVP one would have to respect, change keybinds, click 31 boring talents etc,

Now only requires to change a couple talents by opening the talent panel, so No

Deleted
    well... 2 spec for pve is enough i think.. hovever if 3rd spec would be pvp only, so you can choose any tree but it will have pvp modifiers... this way they can balance pvp and pve separately

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind much either way, but would people stop asking for more spec slots at 3? I don't think so, after 3 people will want 4, and after 4 people will inevitably ask for 5 if for nothing esle then to get a spec for Scenarios so they don't have to change talents anymore, but can just swap to their scenario spec. There's always going to be a barrier, and there's always going to be people that say the barrier should (not) be pushed. If you are going to have that discussion anyway might as well keep it at 2, since for the vast majority of players out there 2 is sufficient.

If anything what takes the most time and is the actual problem is making and switching your keybinds/macros, if Blizz found a way to implement quick switching between layouts like that having more then 2 specs wouldn't even be necessary. If Blizz is going to spend time doing something I hope they make it so you have an unlimited number of actionbar layouts you can store. Oh and while they are at it, more room for macros.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it should be 3 slots, or slots at all. I think you should be able to go to your spec tab and just pick a spec just like you would talents or glyphs. Maybe they could still have two loadouts if that makes it easier, but going to a trainer just seems antiquated at this point.

They would probably have to make addons like Profiles: Action Bars integrated into the game, so you can still have saved bars for different specs.