Poll: Should Tri spec be available?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    At this point, with the specialization mechanic as dumbed-down as it is, a third spec would just be a waste of development time and server storage. It is utterly trivial to walk into town and reroll, and talents can now be changed on the fly. Before the massive talent/spec overhaul I'd have said yes (PVP specs) but not anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    People will always ask for more.

As a druid raid leader back in the day, I was used to respeccing 3-4 times a week, sometimes mid raid, just to fill other roles. I'm more than thankful that now we can always have that backup spec on hand, but let's not forget that respeccing is still a large part of the game. If I want to go PVP, I respec my lesser used spec and hit the BGs, then back later in the week for raiding.

After playing countless MMOs in my day that didn't even allow you to change your spec once selected, I'd say we already have more than enough. Let's be honest here. If the 3 minutes involved in having a trainer respec you is literally the only thing holding you back from trying something different, it's probably a much broader statement about your enjoyment in the game itself rather than an overwhelming need for a 3rd on-hand spec.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would we need tri-spec?? I mean hell what would the point of talent trees be anymore O.o

Deleted
    It should be like the talent system. Just keep two specs, but you should be able to respec everytime but still spending the gold. I kinda hate going to a city to switch, especially when I solo things like ulduar naxx icc etc.

Yes. It's only for convenience, it's not like most people will actually grind out 3 sets of gear.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I want to say no, but I really see no reason at all why it shouldn't be implemented. Convenience is convenience.

It's not difficult at all to go back to any city and respec to the "spec of the day", this would just cut down on time.
    Personally I'd prefer tri-spec more because of the ramifications of redoing entire UI-builds for different specs is not feasible or realistic to do multiple times a day. Even something as bare bones as a bartender UI requires alot of additional shit to be redone with a respec.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

15+ Year Old Account
    Just have what Hunter pets have. We can just click on a new pet spec and "Accept" and it changes the spec without any problems. We can do this anywhere except while we are in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly at this point, I don't think it matters anymore. Going back to town to switch specializations is more of an annoyance than a meaningful mechanic at this point, so honestly I wouldn't mind if we could either access a triple spec, or simply be able to switch our specializations without visiting a class trainer at a gold or reagent cost. I'm indifferent either way. I feel like it's a feature that is both not strictly necessary, but nor would it be bad to have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id rather just see savable profiles for your action bars, a bit like the gear set interface, though im guessing there is probably addons that do this. If people want to play 3 specs atm the only thing stopping them is bag space and the 5 minutes it takes to hearth back to a city and swap there action bars around.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Id rather just see savable profiles for your action bars, a bit like the gear set interface, though im guessing there is probably addons that do this. If people want to play 3 specs atm the only thing stopping them is bag space and the 5 minutes it takes to hearth back to a city and swap there action bars around.
    You play with a only default blizz-ui or something? And you assume everyone else does too? Last time i killed destro to respec to demo with the advent of mop it was a 25-30 minute ordeal to get the ui completely up to par on all parallels again. Allowing tri-spec means allowing more ui-profiles and saving yourself the time it takes to completely overhaul.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people have forgotten the reason why Dual Spec was introduced; and that was to help out Hybrids - healers mainly - so they didn't have to keep spending a fortune going between their healing/tanking and questing DPS specs; and to a lesser extent for those encounters in raids where they'd need to switch role for composition purposes. It was never intended for DPS classes to switch for their optimal spec per encounter.

The number of players who actually use it for the purposes of optimisation is actually pretty tiny, and with the new talent changes it's also a pretty small minority who use it to switch between PvE and PvP setups. Given that most specs of DPS classes are capable in any encounter - if not optimal - there just isn't really a need, other than for the convenience of a very small number of players to do it so I'd rather the resources were used elsewhere.

That's not to say I wouldn't welcome, and use such a feature if it was brought in; I just think sometimes a line needs drawing and the reasoning behind it should be stronger than simply being "convenience", and I feel specs themselves should have something of a feeling of commitment behind them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I say no, what is the point of specing if you can tri-spec?J
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Honestly at this point, I don't think it matters anymore. Going back to town to switch specializations is more of an annoyance than a meaningful mechanic at this point, so honestly I wouldn't mind if we could either access a triple spec, or simply be able to switch our specializations without visiting a class trainer at a gold or reagent cost. I'm indifferent either way. I feel like it's a feature that is both not strictly necessary, but nor would it be bad to have it.
    There is zero meaningful commitment to have 2 specs at this point. You are "required" to swap specs, and then use an action bar and keybind addon that will just as easily swap your bars/keybinds.

It's more of asking for an inconvenience and requiring more bloat (with addons) than representing anything of meaning whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I have a feeling most people begging for tri-spec never even considered this.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I have a feeling most people begging for tri-spec never even considered this.
    You're right, there is no point in specing if you can tri-spec. It would become a completely unnecessary mechanic. Players would be able to switch between any of the three active specs at their leisure. So exactly what we can do right now, without all the hassle of bar swapping or going to a trainer.

To make a long story short, the only logical reasons to maintain duo spec over tri spec is as a gold sink, and because designers have higher priority projects. I cannot think of any other argument to the contrary that would have anything but an emotional basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I want to say no, but I really see no reason at all why it shouldn't be implemented. Convenience is convenience.

It's not difficult at all to go back to any city and respec to the "spec of the day", this would just cut down on time.
    It is one of the more effective gold sinks Blizz has in the game. I cant see them ever going to a 3 respec system because of this alone. On a more personal note, two specs just feels right to me. I wouldnt be unhappy with 3 but I just prefer 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    why stop at 3 ? make it 6 spec...or 8 for droods so you can have all pvp and pve specs there...or scrap all specs and talents and just bake everything into one

I voted no. Dual specs makes it so you can PvE/PvP or OS if needed. Going more than that just means you pick the spec that's best for each situation (boss, etc). No drawbacks of picking a certain spec, so it forces you to play specs you may not like for the "good of the raid" or something.

Why not remove all NPCs and have everything done through your character? AH, Bank, etc. WoW is already pretty convenient, so we're splitting hairs with the spec thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I voted yes. Why? Because basically all it amounts to is an additional button lay out store. It's piss-easy to change your spec as it is, the only problem is that it's a complete pain in the ass to rearrange all your fucking bars from tank, to healer, to DPS, (to MDPS in the case of druids).
    You can just download an addon called action bar saver for that

Personally I am happy with the current system the only thing that might change my mind is if in the unlikely scenario they implemented a fourth pvp tree even then I think I could cope with 2.
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll