Poll: Should Tri spec be available?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Going more than that just means you pick the spec that's best for each situation (boss, etc). No drawbacks of picking a certain spec, so it forces you to play specs you may not like for the "good of the raid" or something.
    This is already done. You can easily hearth, switch, and use ABS/binder to remember your buttons, and reforge profiles to save your reforges. If anything, it is this that you will be "forced" or "required" to do for the "good of the raid" in any such competent guild.

The only consequence of adding tri-spec (and honestly, I am in favor of quad-spec for druids at this point of the game) is that you have less addon bloat and wasted time. It's funny how post 5.0, you don't even see class trainers on the mini-map!

Now, between "8" specs, this isn't as bad, because you have glyphs and talents able to be changed on the fly for a reason. So if you want to say, switch between PvP and PvE versions of a spec, that is what swapping glyphs and talents is for. You may still have to remap action bars/binds, but there is significantly less micromanagement just to be able to play the game.

This is especially more so due to the brilliant GC/blizzard idea that everybody who plays should be forced to do tons of daily quests to be competitive in PvE, whether they also PvP, also do heroic (and not just normal mode) raids, whether they also collect pets on the side, despite the tons of other "optional" time sinks they may actually find fun.

Druids especially.

Hybrid classes should be the ones to get tri-spec, but then non-hybrids would complain as usual.

Druid/Pally/Monk/Shaman

I personally thought Dual-spec was a dumb implementation.

I can see the uses of it, and I do use it. I just didn't think there where enough pros to outweight the cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Theory View Post
    You can just download an addon called action bar saver for that
    Which does not completely work, since it bugges with talents, that replace an ability, eg.: Drain Life -> Harvest Life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    Which does not completely work, since it bugges with talents, that replace an ability, eg.: Drain Life -> Harvest Life
    For those abilities, just macro the base spell. If you do /cast drain life with the harvest life talent, it will cast harvest life.

Deleted
    At least give us 2x more bag space, enough with 30 active gear pieces laying around there already

And no, i don't want trispec; i didn't want dualspec, although i know that there will be a tri-spec. Would not be the silliest thing to be implented, unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iry View Post
    I cannot think of any other argument to the contrary that would have anything but an emotional basis.
    Is that a bad thing? This is still a Role Playing Game afterall. I find it weird people would want something so central to their character as its spec to become something so pragmatic and dispassionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Is that a bad thing? This is still a Role Playing Game afterall. I find it weird people would want something so central to their character as its spec to become something so pragmatic and dispassionate.
    Well considering that there is a very, very real time investment in being level multiple characters and one would like to play different roles in hybrids, and the fact that the game does not allow people to complete quests as anything but a DPS spec without incredible amounts of frustration, I can see people needing dual specs for hybrids. Any amount of RP-"immersion" is outweighed by the frustration of grind.

And for pure DPS who are already at the bottom of the barrel in versatility (so much that I see multiple threads questioning whether pures serve a purpose anymore with increasing frequency), you'd at least think you would like to swap between different DPS specs.

---

Bottom line, complaints about the game aside, 1) there's a reason more and more MMO's are implementing multiple specs, recognizing that the game in MMO's is now about the endgame, and that there is a very real time investment (and not just pretend-role-play-crap) in having to level multiple characters, and 2) there's absolutely zero benefits to NOT having dual specs aside from increased player frustration, requirement to waste real and valuable time or to rely on external addons because Blizzard can't simply extend their dual-spec, and people quitting since they have to respec or be absolutely unable to keep up with dailies, which are required for any sort of competitive PvE.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2012-12-09 at 02:09 PM.

Yes, but lock each of them to a set tree (and give druids four). Remove the whole idea of specializing into a "tree", as it's outdated and pointless. Just let people switch to any tree they want and have talents and glyphs saved for each one. The idea that your character is actually specialized into something died when respecs stopped being outrageously expensive anyway, so right now it's just a clumsy system that adds nothing to the game. It just makes it harder to form proper groups, and it seems a bit silly to give some classes the option to be a tank, healer or DPS in a group, but they only get to pick two of those unless they go back to town.

The cost for changing glyphs and talents are trivial and most UI mods support saving several different profiles for the same character, so there's little point in having two specs for the same tree. Remove the respec tome reagent requirement, if you will.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I absolutely think yes, there's no reason not to, other than to save a little bit of time and annoyance, making it so we can change specs out in the world, rather than having to go back into a city (which they said they were trying to move away from), and respeccing one of our specs that way.

That's because in a game with such a big focus on the tank/healer/DPS trinity, your ability to fill any role has a big impact on your ability to group up with friends. The game should make it easier to form group with friends, not impose artificial barriers to grouping. The more roles your character can realistically fill, the easier it is to form groups/raids with the people you like, and the more enjoyable the game becomes.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    No, but i want reforge-Tablets linked to the specs...

Just leave it at dualspec but make the game remember your actionbar setup for the 3rd "inactive" spec. Thats my biggest problem with changing to my 3rd spec at the moment.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yes, just because I want it and I have several toons I play all three specs on so. lol

We don't really need tri-spec, but adding some sort of talents manager (like the equipment manager) would be a blessing. I'm tired of manually changing 2/3 of my talents by hand everytime I switch from pve dungeons healing, to pve raid healing to pvp healing to dps so I can do dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    I personally thought Dual-spec was a dumb implementation.

I can see the uses of it, and I do use it. I just didn't think there where enough pros to outweight the cons.
    Really? Because I see zero cons with dual spec or tri spec.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 10:45 AM ----------

If there was a tri spec implemented, there is absolutely nothing forcing you to use it. You can continue on with feeling as if the spec you choose is somehow important to some fictional story you've made for your character if you so choose. You can do that now with dual spec.

For players that play for gameplay and performance, tri spec would be a godsend with zero downsides. Hell, there are zero downsides to tri spec anyway.

Deleted
    In cata I thought it should, because you often need 2 pve specs for raiding, that left me with no space for a pvp one.

At the end of cata with the mist talent revamp I figured it wouldn't be needed, and would probably have said no need.

With MOP here, I'm more inclined to want it back again - simply because once again I feel I need a dedicated pvp spec (in the form of destro), but need affliction and demo for raiding... sure, I can make do pvping as demo / throw gold at NPCs every time I want to go destro, but there's not much (if any) of a drawback to tri-spec.

Deleted
    Really don't see the need for it. When it comes to switching between PvE and PvP within the same spec you at most change a few glyphs and talents, no respec needed for that. As for using different specs within the same field, having two out of three available at all time is more than I could ask for really. A third one is overkill.

At the moment I don't even ever use my secondary specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Really don't see the need for it. When it comes to switching between PvE and PvP within the same spec you at most change a few glyphs and talents, no respec needed for that. As for using different specs within the same field, having two out of three available at all time is more than I could ask for really. A third one is overkill.

At the moment I don't even ever use my secondary specialization.
    Well some people do use their secondary. And some even have to use a third which is a significant pain in the ass right now. While you don't see a need for it personally, what reason is there NOT to do it? Why are you against having the option available for those that would use it?

100% positives, 0% negatives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpy1091 View Post
    We don't really need tri-spec, but adding some sort of talents manager (like the equipment manager) would be a blessing. I'm tired of manually changing 2/3 of my talents by hand everytime I switch from pve dungeons healing, to pve raid healing to pvp healing to dps so I can do dailies.
    Making something similar in terms of equipment manager, but instead with talent manager would be nice. It would still have the reagent cost, but would make it a lot easier to switch between certain static roles/situations.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    Well some people do use their secondary. And some even have to use a third which is a significant pain in the ass right now. While you don't see a need for it personally, what reason is there NOT to do it? Why are you against having the option available for those that would use it?

100% positives, 0% negatives.
    I believe one of the main negatives is the same reason we only had one at the beginning? Blizzard feels it would be too convenient. I also think they like that extra gold sink for each time you switch, and feel it should be a real choice you actively make. They did budge by making dual-spec, doesn't mean all restrictions should be removed though.

Saying it has 0 negatives is like saying there would be no negatives in removing durability on gear and repair costs.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-12-09 at 04:08 PM.