Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Father of the Year Awards

*father, mother, aunt, uncle, whatever.

I'll start.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/06...-drank-at-bar/
    Last edited by Celista; 2012-12-08 at 01:42 PM.

<insert the names of fathers who don't pay their child support for whatever lame reasons they makeup>

I don't see this thread lasting that long to be honest.

Deleted
    So this is going to be an ironic thread? ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    So this is going to be an ironic thread? ._.
    Hopefully. I would like to think that forumgoers don't think that letting your dog babysit is good parenting...

I don't see this thread lasting that long to be honest.
    Guess not. Too bad, article links about crazy parents actually makes for fun threads.

typical feminist bullshit in the topic, specifying men... I wonder how many women drowned their kids in the bathtub this year

Quote Originally Posted by Shoekron View Post
    typical feminist bullshit in the topic, specifying men... I wonder how many women drowned their kids in the bathtub this year
    I can change it to parent of the year if you prefer.

Deleted
    < - For not fathering a child when has no means of supporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    < - For not fathering a child when has no means of supporting it.
    As long as you're not going to leave your 10 month old home with the dog so you can go out drinking, you're pretty much ahead in this thread so far.

Deleted
    Father of the year? Me.

For sitting through the film "Cars" 16 times with my son because every time he watches it - it's like the first time he's seen it. It's a living hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Father of the year? Me.

For sitting through the film "Cars" 16 times with my son because every time he watches it - it's like the first time he's seen it. It's a living hell.
    i love that film :S

i feel the pit bull in the ops news report is getting a bad rep, who says a bull can't take care of a child?

I don't like that typical feminist attitude either...but I think you're overreacting here...a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    *father, mother, aunt, uncle, whatever.

I'll start.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/06...-drank-at-bar/
    Hmm, from the same user that posted such gold as:

"For Colored Girls" 10/10, amazing yet not recommended for the 18-25 white males who frequent mmo champ unless you have the maturity level to handle film content that is the antithesis of your demographic.
    You're just here to instigate and spread hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Hmm, from the same user that posted such gold as:

You're just here to instigate and spread hatred.
    I stand by that post just as I stand by my comment that this isn't a man vs women thread, it's a morons who leave their 10 month old home with the dog thread.

Also I think you are the one instigating things, you could have linked my "alimony sucks" post as I point out just a few of the ways men are screwed over in the alimony game.
    Last edited by Celista; 2012-12-08 at 02:37 PM.

I stand by that post just as I stand by my comment that this isn't a man vs women thread, it's a morons who leave their 10 month old home with the dog thread.
    So what is there to discuss here, exactly, other than for people to say "OMG what a horrible parent!"? There's no legitimate discussion to be had, here. I seriously doubt any rational and fair person will defend the man.

Women hating is uncool. Feel free to submit drowned in a bathtub stories from this year, as I love irony. You do have one, I assume.

So what is there to discuss here, exactly, other than for people to say "OMG what a horrible parent!"? There's no legitimate discussion to be had, here. I seriously doubt any rational and fair person will defend the man.
    I think you're being antagonistic on purpose. There is lots to discuss beyond the scope of this article as well as within the scope of this article, not limited to substance abuse disorders, possible media trends covering these negligent cases, parenting trends, other similar cases, etc.

I think you're being antagonistic on purpose. There is lots to discuss beyond the scope of this article as well as within the scope of this article, not limited to substance abuse disorders, possible media trends covering these negligent cases, parenting trends, other similar cases, etc.
    To what end? Is anyone going to defend child abuse? The entire article:

A Florida man was arrested after allegedly leaving a pit bull to babysit a 10-month-old child in his care so he could go drink at a local bar.

NBCMiami reports 41-year-old James R. Irvine's girlfriend left him in charge of her child while she was at work over the weekend, but was unable to reach him after calling him several times.

When he finally picked up, Irvine allegedly told her he was "watching the game," and that he had left their pet pit bull to watch the child.

The baby was found inside a room with the door shut. The pit bull was sitting outside the door.

NBCMiami reports a bar employee verified she had served Irvine five Coronas and one Bud Light. He is facing one charge of child neglect.
    From that article, the only thing that I can say is that the father is neglectful, and in the wrong. Sure, people can list other incidents of child abuse, I suppose, but that's about where it'll end. "Possible media trends"? What? What does this mean? So there's media stories in which the father is proclaimed a hero? I would hope that child abuse is regarded as a negative thing. "Parenting trends"? There are some bad parents, and there are good parents. Are you extrapolating from this story that they're on the rise or something?

To what end? Is anyone going to defend child abuse? The entire article:

From that article, the only thing that I can say is that the father is neglectful, and in the wrong. Sure, people can list other incidents of child abuse, I suppose, but that's about where it'll end. "Possible media trends"? What? What does this mean? So there's media stories in which the father is proclaimed a hero? I would hope that child abuse is regarded as a negative thing. "Parenting trends"? There are some bad parents, and there are good parents. Are you extrapolating from this story that they're on the rise or something?
    Are you bored or just trying to pick a fight? I'm confused here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.... Somehow, my fav quote came to my mind right away..

Sorry, I don't get it.. Some random dude just fulfilled the stereotype, bar walking, beer drinking, sports watching = lack of intelligence...
    Child neglect.... Shouldn't happen. But does happen.
    No need in such case to make a fuzz out of it, since nothing happened at all.

Are you bored or just trying to pick a fight? I'm confused here.
    I'm trying to have a discussion. When you post a title such as "father of the year", and only post a link about a story in which a father that neglects a child, I don't believe you're out here for a discussion. If you were, you'd actually have a paragraph, or something -- anything -- in your original post. And I didn't realize I was "picking a fight" for attempting to refute your argument.