Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.... Somehow, my fav quote came to my mind right away..

Sorry, I don't get it.. Some random dude just fulfilled the stereotype, bar walking, beer drinking, sports watching = lack of intelligence...
    Child neglect.... Shouldn't happen. But does happen.
    No need in such case to make a fuzz out of it, since nothing happened at all.
    Where is the quote from?

That is the interesting thing, what you just said. These things happen so often that people read about instances of neglect and don't bat an eye anymore. It's become background noise.

Deleted
    I see your father of the year award, and raise the mother of the year award.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-8063250.html

Seriously dont understand why'd you post about bad parenting to bait a reaction, each to there own however.

15+ Year Old Account
    five Coronas and one Bud Light
    Apart from no skill in parenting he obviously totally lack a taste in beer.
    I would expect Guantano's new torture tactic would be playing loud country music and force the victims to drink Bud.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the way the story reads, he isn't the kids father.

NBCMiami reports 41-year-old James R. Irvine's girlfriend left him in charge of her child while she was at work over the weekend, but was unable to reach him after calling him several times.
    So the story is: Stupid Mom leaves kid with deadbeat boyfriend who shirked his responsibility.

Onto the actual topic:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...es-online.html

Mother Yasmin Chaudhry drowned her one year old baby daughter in a bucket live on Skype while her boyfriend watched from Britain.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Actually, the way the story reads, he isn't the kids father.

So the story is: Stupid Mom leaves kid with deadbeat boyfriend who shirked his responsibility.

Onto the actual topic:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...es-online.html
    I'd actually split the blame between the mother and boyfriend, he may of been all for looking after the child only for his friends to ask him out to the pub. It's morally reprehensible but the mother for being so attached to the child she could of had someone else/ hired a babysitter.

But for anecdotal evidence time! My grandmother left my mother alone with her brother on nights to go drinking and they entered the care system at age 4.

I still see no reason for this thread to be open however, the original intention was to bait a reaction against male partners and changed slightly when the op edited the body of message to defend his/ her angle and opened the definition a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I still see no reason for this thread to be open however, the original intention was to bait a reaction against male partners and changed slightly when the op edited the body of message to defend his/ her angle and opened the definition a little.
    Actually that was never the intention, but I would argue that the thread should be closed due to trolling/derailment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Actually that was never the intention, but I would argue that the thread should be closed due to trolling/derailment.
    Well actually, i'd agure it was. You made a topic with a provocative title listing an article and attempted to bash male figures in relationships...

But yes, i'd like to see your thread shut for trolling.

Would tidy it up.

Deleted
    I gave it a try, it didn't work.

Next time try and post relevant stuff or be helpful to the thread if possible.

Closed.