Deleted

Ele hit cap (simc-reforgelite-wowreforge-reforgerator)

yo folks i have some problem with my hit cap, each time i get a new gear pcs ill do a crit/haste/mastery sim with simc, to get the current value but at end come a problem no metter what i use (importing pawn with reforgelite and use at last 5100 overcap value 0 or wowreforge with exactly 5100 0 valuae overcap and then import with refogerator) ill allway end up over hit capped..... can any1 help me?

10+ Year Old Account
    The goal is to be as close as 15% as possible. However, its quite rare that the gear you get will make you reach 15% exactly. Best bet is just use common sense, its not like the 0.05% over hit cap will make or break that much damage in a raid perspective.

I use reforge lite and I'm very rarely more than like .05 away from cap. Right now I'm actually sitting at exactly 15%.

How much over hit cap are you?

One problem you might be having is that you just have too much spirit/hit gear. I think I ran into that once where I was noticeably over cap and when I looked at my reforge to see why, it was because even if I reforged away from hit at every step, I still had way too much spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    I use reforge lite and I'm very rarely more than like .05 away from cap. Right now I'm actually sitting at exactly 15%.

How much over hit cap are you?

One problem you might be having is that you just have too much spirit/hit gear. I think I ran into that once where I was noticeably over cap and when I looked at my reforge to see why, it was because even if I reforged away from hit at every step, I still had way too much spirit.
    As I'm getting more gear, I'm starting to notice this as well. There are only a few pieces I've noticed without spirit if you're not getting tier.

And off-topic, ReforgeLite is awesome. Keeps me sooo close to hit cap if not exactly on it. Yum.

Deleted
    It's a common issue with Valor gear, nearly every Valor item has hit/spirit on it. Current valor gear is by far the worst itemized gear ever since vendor gear was introduced in 2.4
    Clothies have it even worse, they have hit/crit on literally every Valor item, you can reach 7k hit rating with it. And crit is useless for all but one cloth caster spec.
    Makes one think they did it on purpose to force people into raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Makes one think they did it on purpose to force people into raids.
    Erm, not beeing offensive, but when you dont go raiding, for what exactly do you need valor gear?
    Only thing i come to think of would be challenge modes but tehre you are scaled down anyway to 463, so valor gear doesnt help here either unless its for a better itemization of certain stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Erm, not beeing offensive, but when you dont go raiding, for what exactly do you need valor gear?
    Only thing i come to think of would be challenge modes but tehre you are scaled down anyway to 463, so valor gear doesnt help here either unless its for a better itemization of certain stats.
    What's the point of valor gear then? It's not very useful for raiding, as you'll underperform if all your gear has only hit and crit on it and nothing else, unless you're a Fire mage, not everyone wants to be forced into that spec/class though. Reforging can't make up for it as it has its limits too.

It's way better to start raiding normals with properly itemized 463 dungeon gear than wasting valor points on the mess that valor gear is.

Deleted
    WowReforge seems to not work correctly for me and will consistently put me about 0.5% over the hit cap. Although it won't indicate this on the site itself, only when I put the reforges that it has calculated into my gear.
    I'm a draenei and I know that my spell hit rating cap is 4760, not 5100 for other races, as I have my passive 1% hit.

For instance I just calculated some new reforges for my shaman (which is currently at 4760 exactly) and put those reforges onto my gear with Mr Robot. And it shows that with those refoges my hit chance would be 15.51% (in ratings that would be 4812) even though on WoWreforge itself it states that my total hit rating would be 4767.
    I can only imagine that wowreforge is being fucked up by spirit. Or possibly something else that I can't think of.

Can't say anything for the other reforgers.