10+ Year Old Account

How can i level fishing quickly?

Hi guys,
    as the title suggests are there any fast ways to level fishing, im at about 260 skill through playingall through Cata dn for the time through MoP now,i only just started doing anglers dailies today because i was doing 2 sets of diailies at a time, now it came to anglers, i dont usually do the Capital dailies or dalaran daily (I bet im gonna get so much hate for that! ) so should i start doping all those dailies or sit down put some music on and fish non stop? i really dont know im not the best profession kinda guy!
    Helpful replies would be appreciated!
    WoW6000

Just sit and fish it honestly doesn't take that long.

15+ Year Old Account
    I sat on Jade Forests coast and fished non-stop till max level

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the feedback! how long does it take to sit and purely fish up to that level?

And dont forget DMF quest that gives you 5 points.
    Also if you are best friend with Nat Paggle you can buy books that will boost you to 600, but i guess its more for alts since u need high fishing to even get that.

Quote Originally Posted by WoW6000 View Post
    thanks for the feedback! how long does it take to sit and purely fish up to that level?
    According to El's 7 hours.

Fishing is a tough grind

Botting will get you banned so i would suggest just do your fishing dailies and just spend about 30 mins a day listening to your favourite songs grabbing a few beers and zone out and just fish

just like in real life lol

I fished while watching movies. Just go to a quiet place in the game and fish while having the game sound up so you can hear the bobber.

I use two screens so it was very easy to do this with the game on one and the movie on the other. Just make sure the option to hear sound while minimized is on if you do it this way.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Deleted
    It doesn't matter where you fish or what you catch, it is allways X casts to next level.

Back in Cata when I leveled fishing I did Stormwind (fishing dailies in other old world cities too) fishing daily as it rewarded 1-2 skill points (not sure which), and I wouldn't be surprised if Shattrath/Dalaran/anglers dailies awarded extra points too. Also monthly Darkmoon faire for skillups.

Try aiming for other fishing achievements meanwhile (fishing in pools for turtle, ironforge/orgrimmar for ironjaw/crafty, doing fishing dailies for diferent cities for cut and bait: <cityname>, dalaran fountain coins, nat pagle dailies, and maybe something else I missed)

EDIT: Also set your game to windowed (fullscreen) and background sounds on, you can browse internet and quickly alt tab when bobber splashes.

It may take longer to fly around, but in my experience, the pools in Pandaria don't have skill checks. You can fly around to fish the pools to skill up while making money (from what I've seen, the fish sell well). It'll be slower than just fishing at the same spot until you max, but you can make gold in the process this way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cigar3tte View Post
    It may take longer to fly around, but in my experience, the pools in Pandaria don't have skill checks. You can fly around to fish the pools to skill up while making money (from what I've seen, the fish sell well). It'll be slower than just fishing at the same spot until you max, but you can make gold in the process this way.
    I think all pools require no skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    I think all pools require no skill.
    That's correct. It was made that way back at Cata pre-patch i believe.

A little OT, however, I think you can get the turtle mount from Pandaria pools also, since 5.1. Plus you can sell/use all the fish for cooking!