Deleted

'Create all'-button bugged?

Got tons of ores to smelt on my mining char and every load of ores I want to smelt takes about 23 mins each (around 1000 Ghost Iron Bars), I really cba babysitting my char when she's smelting so I press "Create all" and AFK/alt-tabbing only to get back and realize she's been smelting like 20 bars only in 10 mins... this happens all the time, I have slots in my bags so it cannot be "Inventory full".

Anyone else have the same problem?

The game has got worse at running in the background imo, same with flying across continents, alt tab for 4 minutes come back and you're nstill in the same half of the same zone

Maybe play windowed mode when doing the smelting
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    My experience is that your character stops crafting when it goes AFK - and it goes AFK because you're not actively doing anything in game. Just move or type something once every 5 minutes, and you'll be fine

AeneasBK might also be right. I always play in windowed mode, so I wouldn't know.

no, AFK is not a cause, at least not the primary cause. sometimes "create all" stops after only a couple of crafts, no matter if i'm alt-tabbed or in the game (i play windowed mode). it takes quite a while to be tagged as AFK and stop crafting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    no, AFK is not a cause, at least not the primary cause. sometimes "create all" stops after only a couple of crafts, no matter if i'm alt-tabbed or in the game (i play windowed mode). it takes quite a while to be tagged as AFK and stop crafting.
    Quite odd, I've only ever experienced it when my character goes AFK. Maybe you guys are using an addon that's interfering with crafting?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelfette View Post
    Quite odd, I've only ever experienced it when my character goes AFK. Maybe you guys are using an addon that's interfering with crafting?
    might be an addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had the same issue. I think it's a bug.

Deleted
    Possibly latency? I've noticed when I'm making stuff the quartz castbar will show latency, and the next item won't start straight off. I'd guess computer lag would also slow that down too.

I'd say alt tabbing is the issue. Try windowed mode.

I have this problem also, with tailoring, engineering, blacksmithing, alchemy, and mining(smelting.)

Usually it'll only create one or two items, then stop.

This occurs both on a system with maybe a dozen addons, and on a system with zero.

I don't typically alt-tab when at my primary computer.

Also, my latency is often less than 50ms, so I don't think that'll be the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by holorob View Post
    Possibly latency? I've noticed when I'm making stuff the quartz castbar will show latency, and the next item won't start straight off. I'd guess computer lag would also slow that down too.

I'd say alt tabbing is the issue. Try windowed mode.
    and again some1 who did not read the coments
    because its also happens to people who don't go afk. and or play windowed mode.

If you alt tab it will most likely cause you to stop smelting (at least thats what happens to me). If you create all and walk away to do something else and stay on the wow screen you shouldn't have a problem, even if your character gets the /afk flag.

I've never had an issue when walking away from the computer while doing create all. I've only had the problem when I've tabbed out.

I have had the create all stop working sometimes too. It seems that when I click the button, the "count" of how many are going to be made jumps to the correct number, however, at some point during the craft process, it resets to "1" and stops.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've found that if you're leveling a proff and you click "create all" it will stop when whatever you're making changes from yellow difficulty to green difficulty

if you're maxed in the proff idk whats wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have this same issue when I do tailoring or alchemy. I'll have 100+ pots queued up and hit craft all only for it to make 1 or so and then just stop.
    At first I thought it was the same issue I was having with farming where if I so much as turn the camera on my toon it stops them from farming the node. Not turn my person, not move, just turn my camera around. However I still have this issue when I'm not even touching my mouse or keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

I'm pretty certain Blizzard changed to this behaviour intentionally at some point in the last few years. I first noticed it when I had /follow on and alt+tab stopped me following. See the same behaviour for crafting in a completely clean un-modded game client.