Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Why didn't you reply with: "Because you don't talk back."?
    Or more simply, just text back: "haha".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I love online conversations because I can pretend to be AFK...
    That's pretty much the only reason I ever go to chat sites anymore.

Ask questions? Have a real conversation? Otherwise she's probably not interested.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Usually ":P" is my reply when I don't want to talk.

people have different conversational styles. just cause she says only a few things doesnt mean shes not interested, could be shes being polite & letting you know shes there paying attentiom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I tend to get bored after I've poked at someone's brain for long enough. I don't facebook though, so.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this thread for real?

What do you think it means... ?

She may be interested in you, but not what you are talking about. If she does that just change the subject or ask her what shes been up to.

If you think you are doing all the work in a conversation, simply pass the burden of work onto them with a very open ended question, such as 'how is your day going?' and don't reply until she says something interesting. You are a busy person with a lot going on (and if you aren't, you should always give the illusion you are), if she can't hold a conversation; then you have better things to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You mean with you?

She is very much not interested, but still wonders why you disappeared without a word. Or she was bored.
    I'm actually guilty of this with guys I talk to. If I am not interested in them I will give short replies and if I don't hear from them and I'm bored and not talking to anyone, I'm like "hey what happened, how are you." I am not proud. haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    You hasn't mastered the art of cybar. I mastered it years ago and I can pretty much get cybar anytime I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use one word answers like "lol", "haha", "hehe", "ah" or a random emote either just as an acknowledgement to something said (hey thats cool/funny, I've just nothing specific to say about it) or when I'm uninterested. Getting it as a reply once isn't a problem, getting it repeatedly usually means you're boreing me or I'm distracted with something else and you should probably stop.

Girls usually get it, I notice guys never do and just keep rambling. What's a polite way to tell a guy to stop talking to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I use one word answers like "lol", "haha", "hehe", "ah" or a random emote either just as an acknowledgement to something said (hey thats cool/funny, I've just nothing specific to say about it) or when I'm uninterested. Getting it as a reply once isn't a problem, getting it repeatedly usually means you're boreing me or I'm distracted with something else and you should probably stop.

Girls usually get it, I notice guys never do and just keep rambling. What's a polite way to tell a guy to stop talking to you?
    Hey I will brb I have to do something. I mean that's what I will say. Or I will just stop talking all together and say my phone is messing up. Which recently has been the truth...

Just do what I do and not bother with people who won't engage in a real conversation. If you're not worth their time, they sure aren't worth yours. You made your effort, move on to someone else to chat with. Don't continue to pester them when it's clearly unwanted. If they ask why you discontinued your conversation, tell them the truth: they didn't seem interested so you left them alone.

Depending on how they respond to that, you can decide what to do next. If they engage with you, engage back (and don't be like them, give proper responses).

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 12:32 AM ----------

There's also the distinct possibility that 1) She was busy at the time or 2) What you were saying didn't actually have enough substance to provoke further discussion.

Not saying that's it, but keep it in mind. I give small responses to my friends all the time if I'm too busy or if it was not something where further conversation was necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

*pulls down your bra straps with my teeth slowly while sliding my hands slowly up your sides*

am I doing it right?

This is about cyber sex right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    *pulls down your bra straps with my teeth slowly while sliding my hands slowly up your sides*

am I doing it right?

This is about cyber sex right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry. Just joking around because the thread reminded me of cybar.

Usually try to give longer replies, but if I can't be bothered but the other person really wants to talk I tend to be short with my replies too . Not that I don't like to talk, just not at that very moment.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Hey I will brb I have to do something. I mean that's what I will say. Or I will just stop talking all together and say my phone is messing up. Which recently has been the truth...
    I'd feel bad if I said brb to someone and didn't actually return. =3

I'd usually just say I've something to do and log off IM/FB/WoW/whatever, the sucky part is if I didn't want to log off yet.

Sounds like an attention whore if you ask me.