Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Facebook, girls and one word replies

So, it is a known fact that girls never initiate the conversation first, thats ok
    but how the hell do you deal with this?
    me: bla bla bla
    her: haha
    her: lol
    her: *insert some stupid variation of haha, lol or a smiley face*
    me: disconnects

im at a complete loss for words
    and no, she is not disinterested because after i quit messaging her she messages me a day or 2 later "why did you stop talking to me?"

I hate to break it to you, but she probably IS disinterested but just likes the attention.

Try ending some of your sentences with question mark. Helps.
    Also what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    So, it is a known fact that girls never initiate the conversation first
    You're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    So, it is a known fact that girls never initiate the conversation first, thats ok

No, that isn't okay. That's a pretentious expectation supported by the modern society.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could try being gay bro

I do that to people too. You know when I do it? When I don't care about talking with them for much longer. She texted you because she wants attention.

Not worth it, move on. Think that's the second time I've said that today.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Either you converse with a wrong kind of girls or you are simply the wrong kind of guy

You mean with you?

im at a complete loss for words
    and no, she is not disinterested because after i quit messaging her she messages me a day or 2 later "why did you stop talking to me?"
    She is very much not interested, but still wonders why you disappeared without a word. Or she was bored.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I hate chat conversations, I rather conversate IRL because then they can't pretend to be AFK
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

10+ Year Old Account
    She's just not into you.

Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    Meh I hate chat conversations, I rather conversate IRL because then they can't pretend to be AFK
    I love online conversations because I can pretend to be AFK...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, those kind of responses only tell you one thing, she's not interested. As much as you'd like to convince yourself that she has interest - she doesn't. The reason she even bothered to text you back was because she needed attention again, trust me I've had a lot of shallow girls in the past that were exactly that way with me, once it became obvious (Which is pretty early into the conversation) I cut ties with them and found better people to associate myself with and much like your situation, they did text and ask where I went, to which I just didn't respond back.

If she can't have a discussion with you about what you enjoy talking about, then try talking about something else, maybe something you both like - She gives attention to that then keep at it and try and find more things that you two might both like, if she still doesn't show much attention other than "lol" etc even if you were talking about something she enjoys, then refer to my first sentence, she's not interested.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-12-08 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a guy and I usually do this sort of thing when I am not interested/busy but want to be polite to the other party. I guess she is the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    One word replies = she doesn't give a shit.
    If she actually cared she would have said more than "lol"
    I doubt that, that specific girl might say that because she doesn't know what to say, or whet else to add. But yeah, if she has other things to do or simply doesn't wants to talk, but wants to be polite, she'll only reply with "lol , true" , etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I am a guy and I usually do this sort of thing when I am not interested/busy but want to be polite to the other party. I guess she is the same.
    This, pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Not true.

thats ok
    No, that's not ok

but how the hell do you deal with this?
    You find more interesting girls to talk to

She is disinterested. Why don't you ask her the same question? Just ask: "well, you don't talk to me" and watch her go apeshit
    Last edited by Knight Gil; 2012-12-08 at 12:21 PM.

Deleted
    she is not disinterested because after i quit messaging her she messages me a day or 2 later "why did you stop talking to me?"
    This is so very true -.-

Honestly reading your example conversation just brought up memories of my ex... blunt women are the worst, not even blunt, just uninspired replies that have no way for you to even reply back. Psst, all the girls who do this manage to text/message another guy for days on end non stop and when asked they tend to respond "well you never say anything interesting", yet they complain when you stop talking... Makes me wanna slap a b*tch, sorry to any woman who are offended by that, but those girls are annoying

Honestly you should just tell her that she isn't making any input into it there for you stopped messaging her, really that's all that can be done.

1. She isn't interested.
    2. She is too stupid to have a normal conversation (doubt it though XD)
    3. She might be busy doing something else, but don't want to seem impolite.
    4. She just doesn't have anything to add to the conversation, maybe because you talked about something utterly boring, or because she finds it offensive or otherwise disinteresting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    You could try being gay bro
    This sounds like a reasonable and well thought out response to the situation.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.