Poll: Would europeans be willing to take a China bailout in return for some sovereignty?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine any European wanting this, it sounds like such a horrible and culturally abhorrent idea.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

15+ Year Old Account
    for europe the better option was if gas and oil would be traded in €, but then the US would go all democracy on europe
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    I doubt Europe would even consider of thinking of this.

This would be an economic apocalypse if it were taken. Where would China get the money?
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2012-12-08 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Would European governments do it? Possibly. Would the European general public agree with something like that? Hell no, I hope!
    Borrowing money unconditionally already gives the loaners considerable weight to swing around, a conditional loan like that would be devastating.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Rely on a superpower nation with completely different goals/visions of the future, completely different cultures and traditions to fix our problems by throwing money at it with a major cost?

Sounds like one of the worst ideas I've ever seen. The only people who can fix the problems we face is ourselves, not money from china or anywhere else. At the same time, the countries in the most trouble should not rely on the stronger nations of the EU to keep them affloat.

Soooooooooooooooo, it's ok when america tries to do this, but not if China tried to do the same with Europe for the "same reasons " ?

Deleted
    lol no! I would only accept my country being part of a EU, a united EU, not give its sovreignty to China, USA, Russia or who knows else.

Why would China want to do this? and what can Europe offer China in return?

Natural ressource? no, Africa, Asia, America etc. has more natural ressources than Europe for China.

Human ressource? obviously not, when China already has a lot of cheap labor.

Gas/Oil? EU is not rich in them, and China can get much more from Middle east, africa, south America, Russia etc..

Technology? This can be the case. But today's EU doesn't really have much to offer.

The only thing is interesting for China is the EU market. Since it is the largest trade partner of China. EU's economy going well is beneficial for China.

There is no way China would demand any sovereignty. that is not what they are interested.

Throwing out greece, spain, italy and all those countries going down the drain due to corruption etc would be a more realistic problemsolver

Reforming the CAP would be a more sensible choice IMO. The suggestion in the OP is totally unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it, giving up your own sovereignty is a big deal, especially when it means admitting you can't fix the problem your self. So even if the offer was made, I doubt Europe would take it.

As a note thogh, even one quadrillion is more than the worlds GDP (or GWP) so china would not be able to offer Europe a quadrillion dollars, let alone quadrillions.
    (Here for anyone wondering)

Doubt it, as others said its not about money its about trust
    Then again they are discussing building some big fund to bring back trust.

To me it seems the emphasize on the crisis seems to be about Europe , while that mainly is because every country is taking needed measurements to not let this happen again, while we help keep our fellow countries like greece, italy, spain on it's feet to remain as 1.
    Once Europe can really work together it can be really strong, but the cultural differences are big.

im more scared about America, they are in way much more debt. and if they take a downfall they can drag Europe down again with it.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

One would also need to know what would happen when China has its housing bubble implosion (not a question of "if" IMO).

Deleted
    I voted yes, long live glorious Chinese motherland.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would Americans be willing to do this? Would anyone be willing to do this? The answer is no.
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I'm pretty sure those 2 yes votes are non-europeans trolling the poll.
    Nah. they've probably cast from Cyprus. Not important, but the votes are seen by everyone....

Think Grand Prix Eurovision.. lol

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheFurry View Post
    I voted yes, long live glorious Chinese motherland.
    Isn't it called fatherland, and mothers tongue? :P

Deleted
    You should probably refraise the question to be aimed at specific countries in Europe and not Europe as an entirety as alot of countries don't have an economic crysis.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    for europe the better option was if gas and oil would be traded in €, but then the US would go all democracy on europe
    I don't know why I think thats funny Oo
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Deleted
    China is already bailing us out but they don't need any "sovereignty". They just need the european top high-end products a bit cheaper. Angela Merkel had a few visits this year to close some deals for China to purchase top of the line airplanes and other products made in EU. Since they are growing so much they are in need of a lot of our products. Right now they got so many planes that they don't have the airports to sustain them. Just as an example, another one would be high-end luxury cars and the list can go on. The play so far is not to take there money for nothing but to make sure China gets to become one of the primary buyer of EU products so that EU remains "in production". That means "saving" the jobs and even making new ones.

Deleted
    I'd rather die.