Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How can I earn more gold?

Hey guys,
    I am currently sat on about 32k gold, it might look like something big to some but it just isn't enough for the person I am,
    But I just don't know how to earn more gold, the current professions I have across alts are 2x mining 2x herbalism 1x skinning 1x alchemy and 1x engineering, I have a dk at 87 and the rest of my alts are 85 with proffs at 525 I could level alchemy easy enough if that helps, but at this current time should I invest
    Some time and gold into leveling professions I dont have or not? Would it benefit if I spend some some gold or not? Or could anyone give me some tips to help me make some cash?
    Any helpful replies would really be appreciated!
    Thanks
    WoW6000

PS : I have looked at videos and read
    Up but nothing is really helping, thats why I've came to post here.

Potion of Treasure Finding Drink on your DK and do CATA instances when your 90. The amount of cloth you get is game breaking and will make you very happy
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Potion of Treasure Finding Drink on your DK and do CATA instances when your 90. The amount of cloth you get is game breaking and will make you very happy
    You'll get more from farming troggs in Deepholm than doing instances.

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    You'll get more from farming troggs in Deepholm than doing instances.
    but when you add in boss drops and greens it out paces open world.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    You won't get cloth while grinding troggs.

My advise: Push alts with crafting professions to 90, bring tillers to reverded/exalted (it's rather quick with the 100% bonus repu tome) and harvest motes. Craft pant enchants/blue weapons and you got a steady, reliable income (1k per mote on blacksmith/leatherworking for the basic pattern, the time is over for 476/496 epics to sell crazy high - you'll have to wait for the next tier) without much effort, no addons required to flip the AH and find your niche.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2012-12-08 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Read these forums and look how other people are making gold. The process of making gold is very easy which is have something to sell at the right profitable price cheaper than anyone else. The number of times you match this criteria will increase the amount of gold you will make. If you do not understand and apply this then you wont make money.

The biggest failing of people who say they wnat to make gold is that they want a get rich quick scheme where they dont put any effort in.
    Gold making is the same since vanilla, but sellers have changed in that people have multiple characters these days, so a spread of professions complement each other.
    Find the niches that suit you i.e you cna make a decent profit on and then keep at it everyday. Use the money you have wisely to reinvest and buy mats which are at a low price and better than you obtaining the items by farming.

You say you have read guides abd watched videos but they dont help? What exactly are you doing? How much time per day are you prepared to put in and how much money do you wnat to make?

You could mine ghost iron, then smelt it into bars, then transmute it into Trillium bars. I don't know what spec your alchemist is but if they are transmute spec, even better. Just check the prices on ghost iron stacks and trillium bars. One stack of ghost iron equals one trillium bar. You won't be making crazy profits using this method but you should make a little bit of extra gold which will add up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's harder now to make gold than it was at the beginning of the expansion obviously.. And professions are not the best way to make it anymore since there's so many people cutting you in auction house and nobody takes fee from anything anymore.

-Mining used to be good, but now there's just too much Ghost Iron Ore available (Not profitable anymore to farm)
    -Some herbs sell good at my realm but flowers like Green Tea Leaf or Rain poppy are not worth the time to farm.
    -Alchemy is a good way to make money. Just get Elixir Master and make shitloads of flasks, don't put them all at once to the auction house though.
    -Engineering is the worst way to make money.
    -Don't know about skinning :/

I just suggest you learn how to play with the auction house. It gets easy when you get the hang of it. If you want make money through professions, I suggest you get Enchanting (People always need enchants but I suggest you just Disenchant green stuff and put them to AH) And the biggest money maker is Inscription, or atleast it used to be.. (Made like 150k in few days) Glyphs don't sell so good anymore but make Darkmoon Cards and sell them. Easy money.

Depending how much time you have and the server you can raise prices in general on alot of stuff and control the market i personally control 2 markets

Quote Originally Posted by Heksar View Post
    It's harder now to make gold than it was at the beginning of the expansion obviously.. And professions are not the best way to make it anymore since there's so many people cutting you in auction house and nobody takes fee from anything anymore.

-Mining used to be good, but now there's just too much Ghost Iron Ore available (Not profitable anymore to farm)
    -Some herbs sell good at my realm but flowers like Green Tea Leaf or Rain poppy are not worth the time to farm.
    -Alchemy is a good way to make money. Just get Elixir Master and make shitloads of flasks, don't put them all at once to the auction house though.
    -Engineering is the worst way to make money.
    -Don't know about skinning :/

I just suggest you learn how to play with the auction house. It gets easy when you get the hang of it. If you want make money through professions, I suggest you get Enchanting (People always need enchants but I suggest you just Disenchant green stuff and put them to AH) And the biggest money maker is Inscription, or atleast it used to be.. (Made like 150k in few days) Glyphs don't sell so good anymore but make Darkmoon Cards and sell them. Easy money.
    Doesn't help that they nerfed the respawn rates on nodes by 50% either .

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    but when you add in boss drops and greens it out paces open world.
    obv don't know what your talking about, within and hour i can farm 600 cloth + w.e green items, ore / leather / herbs / gold come from the boxs.

and the cloth at 90 is not worth farming cause there is so much of it

i made a ton of gold at the end of wrath when i lvled JC stocked ore for cata n sold blue gems
    Last edited by Anklebiters; 2012-12-09 at 05:51 AM.
    http://www.pverogues.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledragon View Post
    That poor rat.
    Why didn't anyone throw it a brez?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    User: And I was like, baby baby baby ooooh.
    Cleverbot: I hate justin bieber.

Quote Originally Posted by Heksar View Post
    It's harder to make as much as you did on release, which will ALWAYS be true in any MMO with at least one expansion. How are professions not the best way? I spend maybe half an hour to an hour each day online, and make about 1-5k a day. Purely with JC/Inscription, nothing else. Well, Alchemist for transmute. I could make a lot more if I cared, but I'm making so much more than I need, I'm fine with what I make. Well I started dabbling in Enchanting, but he's 85 so he doesn't have the Jade Spirit/etc ones, which I make a decent amount off of, but nothing compared to JC/Inscription.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2012-12-09 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to earn gold? Set up stalls in shopping malls and buy people's jewellery for cash at half its actual value.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

On my server (US-Barthilas) farming cloth is a decent way to make money. I farm in deepholm if there is only me and one other max, most i've made in an hour is 1200 cloth, 45 greens, some volatiles and ore + 1k in greys and gold loot. If there is more then 2 people i got to uldum, get about 900-1k cloth an hr there. That is with tailoring + potion of treasure finding

Deleted
    With all those alts, get them farming, for less than 5 minutes per day per toon you can stock up on some serious material volumes. If you level cooking and do the quests up to ~560/570 on each you will obtain 10+ ironpaw tokens assuming you can supply them with a bit of gold, a few wildfowl breast and some golden carp (might be one other thing needed, don't recall exactly)

I've just logged off from clearing my bankers mailbox of 9k worth of food sales all of which sold during our farm raid tonight. Whilst this isn't a stupidly high sum, repeated say 4 or 5 days pw it certainly adds up.

Food is gold. Of course the standard caveat applies, your realm may vary but this works exceedingly well for me.

Troggs won't work if more than one person is farming them and since we now have cross realm zones you tripple the chances someone is farming them when you want to and that potion of treasure finding tick ticks louder than a middle aged womans biological clock.

to make gold you don't need professions all you need is to watch a market of the ah the prices will go up and down through the week (closely resembling tuesday raiding schedules) so buy low sell not so high

Transmog market!

More info can be found in my sig

Depending on your server JS and BS make me decent money espically at the start of tiers or xpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    You won't get cloth while grinding troggs.
    You do, I got 22 stacks of cloth on Monday when I did the Deepholme farm. 80g a pop, thank you very much. Paid for me levelling enchanting through Cata content.