Deleted

Other Ways Of Gaining Rep - Constructive Ideas Thread

Hey guys,

There are loads of people that don't like you can only get Rep from dailies, while I don't mind it at all I would like to see more options for people who don't.

So what are your ideas for other methods?

There are a couple of caveats.

You can't double dip on top of something that already exists (you can't just smash you face into 5 mans oh look I am exalted with every MoP faction in 2 days).

You can't just get exalted in one day if you grind it out.

One of the best ideas I have seen thrown about....

Tabard that gives you 250 rep for the given faction if you kill a MoP rare, this is quite interesting as most of the MoP rares also drop interesting loot as well.

This would have to be capped (probably at 1 or 2k a day).

My biggest concern would be people would now go to the forum raging "OMG I NEED to kill rares AND do dailies because I need Exalted NOW!" sort of things so I am not sure if they would (or even could) limit it so you only get Rep from Dailies or Tabard.

Maybe there is a in game toggle on a daily CD that lets you choose how you gain rep today or there is a overall cap on faction rep gained per day.

Rares are not supposed to be consistently farmed for reputation, it will be a very inefficient way of doing it. Actually, eventually it'll be more fun to do dailies than being AFK for hours just to catch an NPC.

Deleted
    My own view which got flamed to hell on official forums is use a method similar to the hozen peace pipe (less rep tho)
    Say each random heroic you do, you get a "pandarian commendation badge" which when used would give you 250 rep for all panda factions. Would still take ages to get exalted but added incentive to run a dungeon.
    Also I lfr it the gold bags you get after each boss include one of the badges, that's still max 1k rep for full clear of each wing
    It would mean then those that hate dailies can still progress all be it slower, and second would mean them bags finally have a use.
    Did do a longer in depth suggestion on official but got sick of the "omg you want everything generation gtfo cata kid"
    Yes I played in vanilla and spent months farming the rogue book in UBRS.. Just made the thread to make it fair all round..

imo the best solution is to decrease the amount of dailies that spawn per day, increase the rep per daily so you get the same amount as before.

boom, done.

I think dungeons should still be involved in gaining reputation, but not to the extent they were in WotLK/Cata. Factions should be lore-tied to different dungeons. Each mob, boss, and dungeon quest completed should award reputation to the faction tied to that dungeon, more so for heroic mode, a la TBC.

Repeatables and token drops should be brought back as well, for the players looking to boost their reputation gain every once in a while, or for players who prefer to buy their way to the top.

Since the majority of things available at exalted with each faction is mostly cosmetic stuff, just give people the choice to farm reputation in dungeons with a tabard and/or do dailies up to Revered. Then, if they want the Exalted stuff, they'll need to 'earn' it by doing dailies alone.

It's sad when Vanilla had more options to gain rep than a current expansion.

Bring back rep tabards. Make the tabards work like Argent Dawn Commisions. Wear the tabard, collect 10 minor drops, 5 medium drops, or 1 major drop for turn ins. Minors have a chance to drop in the world, mediums have a chance to drop off instance trash, and majors drop off the bosses.
    Bring back Kill On Sight rep. Let players decide if slaughtering a fuckton of mobs is more efficient than doing dailies or not.
    Bring back Rep turn ins. Collect a certain amount of drops off specific faction based mobs to boost your rep gain even faster.

boom, actual options instead of the false "option" of dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    It's sad when Vanilla had more options to gain rep than a current expansion.

Bring back rep tabards. Make the tabards work like Argent Dawn Commisions. Wear the tabard, collect 10 minor drops, 5 medium drops, or 1 major drop for turn ins. Minors have a chance to drop in the world, mediums have a chance to drop off instance trash, and majors drop off the bosses.
    Bring back Kill On Sight rep. Let players decide if slaughtering a fuckton of mobs is more efficient than doing dailies or not.
    Bring back Rep turn ins. Collect a certain amount of drops off specific faction based mobs to boost your rep gain even faster.

boom, actual options instead of the false "option" of dailies.
    Could not have said it better myself :3

An other option is to change how the commendation work make it a consumable with 2h duration and 3-4h cooldown.
    My idea is to give some extra rep for every mop or player you kill that gives experiences or honor. Just like the current heirloom trinkets: http://www.wowhead.com/item=42991 . And the 100% bonus will still apply for the people that do the daily quests.

- Add a tiny bit of rep to the faction specific mobs (aka blackprince rep).
    - Add relics scattered around pandaria and as a small chance drop to mobs (aka netherwing eggs and the tiller soil method) so people can get rep in an alternative way besides doing a set of dailies.
    - Add a tiny bit of rep back to the faction specific dungeons just as back in tbc NOT THE TABARD WAY! (normals give rep till honored and HC give rep till exalted)