Thread: This picutre...

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

This picutre...

Just saw this....really makes you think doesnt it?

Deleted
    doesn't make me think anything other than someone got a group of people together for a screen shot, then one person decided to take a picture of him self.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the graphics really have improved since way back when. Who'da thunk?
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Makes me think, I always had duels outside IF back then, and often we could chase hords trying to go info IF, but not to often (Back then my server kor'gall was high pop, with great pvp)
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I reckon the first is a screenshot the paladin took of himself and his friends / guild.

Now he's the only one left playing.

I can semi-relate to that, most of my friends eventually stopped logging on sometime during WotLK.

Deleted
    That the graphics are still the same, Except for the gear! Small improvement though :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemp View Post
    Just saw this....really makes you think doesnt it?
    Think what? That people don't pose for screenshots outside Ironforge in the middle of the night? That people don't spend time outside Ironforge anymore? That this guy must have transferred to a dead realm without his guildies? That this guy has since moved on to another guild because his old guild was full of a-holes?

Oh no, you must mean it makes you think WoW is dead. Right. You're right, of course. WoW is dead, and we're all having fun playing LotRO, DDO, Aion, RIFT, WAR, AoC, SW:TOR, or any of the other since come since gone failed-to-grow MMO's, and we're not here, on a WoW site, discussing WoW on WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Think what? That people don't pose for screenshots outside Ironforge in the middle of the night? That people don't spend time outside Ironforge anymore? That this guy must have transferred to a dead realm without his guildies? That this guy has since moved on to another guild because his old guild was full of a-holes?

Oh no, you must mean it makes you think WoW is dead. Right. You're right, of course. WoW is dead, and we're all having fun playing LotRO, DDO, Aion, RIFT, WAR, AoC, SW:TOR, or any of the other since come since gone failed-to-grow MMO's, and we're not here, on a WoW site, discussing WoW on WoW forums.
    That WoW is dead? No sir, I dont think that. This picture just made me remember all the friends I had and how I eventually lost contact with them. Dont play anymore, but im sure WoW isnt dead..

Deleted
    It makes me think that 8 years have passed since i started playing WoW. But nice try OP .. we all understand your subtle intentions.

I guess u still maintain contact with every people u knew up until now on your real life if not then by your definition real life is dieing ..

I have a tip for u ... make new friends. Thas the circle of life. The real good friends are very rare and even among those only a few stay on your life for some years.

If anything it also makes me think u have problems making friends and knowing new people.

10+ Year Old Account
    That in both screenshots there are no dwarfs...despite you being outside ironforge? >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    doesn't make me think anything other than someone got a group of people together for a screen shot, then one person decided to take a picture of him self.
    Makes me think you never played in vanilla because there was always that many people or more dueling outside of Ironforge at all times, nice try though.

giggle about the fact that Pally and Warrior PvP Alliance Set are the same except some colours.

Horde PvP Sets are way better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemp View Post
    That WoW is dead? No sir, I dont think that. This picture just made me remember all the friends I had and how I eventually lost contact with them. Dont play anymore, but im sure WoW isnt dead..
    The picture still kind of implies that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zace View Post
    Makes me think you never played in vanilla because there was always that many people or more dueling outside of Ironforge at all times, nice try though.
    There were many people dueling outside of IF during Wrath on my server too. I guess it depends on your server's population.

Deleted
    There are many levels of acquaintances. Some of them may seem like friends, if you for some reason lack true friends. Online acquaintances are just that. They may very well graduate to the level of friend, but mostly they're just a passing social contact you have.

Not everyone has true friends, friends who you've known for years, even decades. Friends you'd do quite a bit for. Friends aren't there just for you to have fun with. They're not something to kill time with, and they're most definitely not something to make your own life better with. Friends are people who come into your life and just refuse to give up on you regardless of all the fights you have with them.

Whereas family gains their status without really deserving it - and in the case of family you can decide not to have anything to do with them as they do not deserve any status in your life "just because", friends are given their status by you. If you think someone is deserving of your forgiveness and patience, then they may very well be a true friend. However, true friends may just deserve much more.

Sure, if you spend eight years in a computer game chatting with the same people every day, they "feel" like friends. Even if you've met them RL once or twice. That just isn't the case often.

Point being, losing a guild may feel like a huge thing, especially if you have no contacts outside your computer, but unlike losing a true friend, you'll get over it eventually, and sooner or later they're just a fond memory.

I've left behind me a couple different social groups whom I was acquainted with for half a decade to a decade, but after a while, they just disappear into the alcohol-preserved mushed up memories in my head. My true friends, the ones I've had my ups and downs with for a good two decades now, they for some unexplained reason still want me to come spend time with them every once in a while.

Obviously, if you were very young when WoW started (10-15 years old), you've grown up with WoW, and eight years for you is a lifetime, and thus social contacts created in that time feel so much more special. For someone a bit older, like me, eight years feels like one day. I was 26 in 2005, I'm 33 now. I haven't changed at all, the last eight years are a blur, and it feels like no time has passed. I already had my friends eight years ago, and I wasn't looking for more.

That's what that picture made me think.

Deleted
    Teamwork and reputation was something to hold dear back in World of Warcraft. If you wanted to aim high, you needed friends, and teamwork with others to succeed. If you had a reputation of being nice, helpful, skilled or being friendly, you could go far, because people wanted to play with you.

The reputation of being nice was needed due to not being able to cross-server anywhere. There was no cross-server grouping.

There's not much of that left in Mists of Pandaria, neither it was in Cataclysm or Wrath of the Lich King. There's a small amount of teamwork left only for heroic raiding.

Deleted
    I get it, all his old "friends" stopped playing so he took the pic alone, but this is the internet, make new "friends", most of the people from my vanilla days stopped playing too, but my friends list is as big as it ever was, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    Exactly.

Get a new group of people to take a picture with; there are still plenty around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    giggle about the fact that Pally and Warrior PvP Alliance Set are the same except some colours.

Horde PvP Sets are way better.
    You are new to this game, aren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly different angle, that's what I noticed right away.
    Snowing on picture 2.

Or. the guy in pic 2 investigates the footprints, since he's late for the party he's checking where they went without him.

Looks like his old friends quit Warcraft, and he never found new ones. That's sad.

I've had plenty of friends and teammates come and go over the years since 2005. Thing is, I've always made new ones. There are plenty of people still around- don't be afraid to put yourself out there and make some more friends if your old ones move on from the game.