Thread: Eye of Kilrogg?

10+ Year Old Account

Eye of Kilrogg?

Hello, i have played a lock for a few months but never really thought about Eye of Kilrogg.. And just wondering what you guys use it for?

with glyph you can use it to put portal in places :P

other then that for fun

for example you could use it to scout inside a cave without actually entering it
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    I use it to place my portal before the beginning of a fight.

Deleted
    It's -really- good for portal placement with the glyph.

Mostly use it for scouting around BGs myself. Take Arathi, it's much easier to make sure no one's attacking while you defend BS or LM. Bonus points for putting yourself in a hide-away far enough from the action that no one will find you.

Raiding, I can't see much use save for fun. And ve vill not allow vou to have ze fun HERE!

It also detects invisibility

Back in Wrath I used it to spy on the Alliance-only area of Dalaran. Couldn't get in there regularly, but my Eye was able to avoid getting ported out.

Question, tho -- the glyph says the Eye is no longer stealthed, so does this mean it'll pull mobs if it gets within range of them ? I see a lot of people saying they use it for portal placement, so I'm wondering if they're using it to place a portal closer to the boss than they could without it (otherwise why not just stand there before the fight instead of having to port in ?)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Another use for it I haven't seen touched on is scouting caves.

I'm big on hunting rare items, and Blizz made a lot of them lootable objects instead of mobs so that NPCscan won't pick them up. Some of them are deep inside caves with a lot of mobs in front of them. Using Eye I don't have to kill my way in to check if the item's spawned, I can send it in and check quickly and easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    Hello, i have played a lock for a few months but never really thought about Eye of Kilrogg.. And just wondering what you guys use it for?
    I use it to place portals off the start of a fight.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed two things about it since the most recent patch?

Firstly, the portal used to be placed in the direction the eye was facing when cast, but now it seems to place it the direction that your character is facing (or some other direction, I'm not sure). Point being it's not the direction of the eye of kilrogg.

Secondly, on Protectors I was using eye to put my portal in melee so that I can port in for the water buff, but when I'd stand in between the two in the back and cast portal, sometimes they'd aggro onto the eye which shouldn't happen.

Has anyone else noticed those things happening to them?

The eye has just a smaller aggro radius than you do. That doesn't mean it's nonexistent. If you get close enough to a boss it will still pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only use it to skip killing a bunch of mobs in scenarios and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    The eye has just a smaller aggro radius than you do. That doesn't mean it's nonexistent. If you get close enough to a boss it will still pull.
    Well before the patch I'd literally run it through Feng and he didn't aggro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Well before the patch I'd literally run it through Feng and he didn't aggro.
    It does still aggro, I had it do that to wind lord on Thursday, thankfully the aggro doesn't chain onto you, it'll just despawn the bosses usually. Has done this for as many expansions as I can remember.

As for it's use, I use it to place my portals, useful on things like Feng where he'd usually aggro if you placed it in the ideal spot.