10+ Year Old Account

Can someone explain Justice/VP rep/dailies to me?

I know this sounds like an absolutely moronic question, but I do not quest -- ever -- unless forced. As far as I can tell, I've never purposely done a daily quest and the only time I quest is from 1-15 until I get to the dungeon queue.

So, I've maxed out on Justice and VP and went to grab some items and realized I have to have rep to get them. I very nearly considered just quitting as I find questing to be positively vapid, but I still enjoy the game too much to do so. So, where do I go for these dailies? How many will I have to do to get some gear and how many different reps do I have to level to get all the gear from the vendors?

I really appreciate any help given. If someone has a link to a page explaining all of this, that is perfectly fine as well. Thank you!
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sad for you. Questing is the best part of WOW, and you will never know that.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

The easiest way to explain it is now if you want something from a rep vendor you have to work for it. Gone are the days of queuing up for a couple of hours in one weekend and being done with all content prior to raiding.

Gear Upgrades. Upgrade Dungeon gear with JP and upgrade your LFR gear with VP! Look for blue question marks they will guide you. wowhead.com will probably have a lot of answers you seek.

If you don´t like what a game offers you, then quitting is the right decision. I wish I´d get ten cents für every thread about someone "threatening" to leave to get attention.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1041/mi...action-dailies

20min per faction a day and you can start spending VP after like a few days. klaxxi (neck/belt/legs) can be obtained just via a questchain in matter of 2-3 hours depending on class n gear, then you open up neck slot for 1250vp, klaxxi goes rather quick if you hang in n do all those dailys every day,

you can also camp a mob that drops an item sometimes that increases your rep with 1100 with all MoP factions.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If you don´t like what a game offers you, then quitting is the right decision. I wish I´d get ten cents für every thread about someone "threatening" to leave to get attention.
    Yeah, and they never actually do it. I actually find it humorous when people cry and complain cause they're still gonna give blizz their money.

OT-don't want to quest? than don't quest. pretty simple concept. Use valor to upgrade the gear you already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    I know this sounds like an absolutely moronic question, but I do not quest -- ever -- unless forced. As far as I can tell, I've never purposely done a daily quest and the only time I quest is from 1-15 until I get to the dungeon queue.

So, I've maxed out on Justice and VP and went to grab some items and realized I have to have rep to get them. I very nearly considered just quitting as I find questing to be positively vapid, but I still enjoy the game too much to do so. So, where do I go for these dailies? How many will I have to do to get some gear and how many different reps do I have to level to get all the gear from the vendors?

I really appreciate any help given. If someone has a link to a page explaining all of this, that is perfectly fine as well. Thank you!
    You are fine. If you raid, you can use your VP to upgrade your drops. go to the same building where you reforge your gear and there is a new NPC that will increase the iLevel of your current raid gear. You do not have to do dailies and buy rep gear, you can get your drops from raid bosses then upgrade them using vp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sad for you. Questing is the best part of WOW, and you will never know that.
    I've played since Vanilla. I've done thousands of quests. I just don't enjoy them.

The easiest way to explain it is now if you want something from a rep vendor you have to work for it. Gone are the days of queuing up for a couple of hours in one weekend and being done with all content prior to raiding.
    The amount of time it takes really doesn't matter to me. I am never on the cutting edge of content, so I always get my gear long after most other people have had it for months.

The game offers plenty that I love. I believe I mentioned that specifically in my post. I did not "threaten" to leave for attention. I said I considered it because I did.

Yeah, and they never actually do it. I actually find it humorous when people cry and complain cause they're still gonna give blizz their money.

OT-don't want to quest? than don't quest. pretty simple concept. Use valor to upgrade the gear you already have.
    I'm curious. Where did I "cry"? I'm simply asking for a little nudge toward where I can begin doing dailies. I'm clearly willing to do them because I'd like to get the gear MORE than I dislike the questing. It's not like questing will kill me. I just don't love it. But I'm willing to do it.

You are fine. If you raid, you can use your VP to upgrade your drops. go to the same building where you reforge your gear and there is a new NPC that will increase the iLevel of your current raid gear. You do not have to do dailies and buy rep gear, you can get your drops from raid bosses then upgrade them using vp.
    Thanks for the info!
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to quest at least partially through several zones in order to unlock the Daily quests.

Golden Lotus ypu can find in the Vale of Eternal Blossom, but I think you have to open the gate into the Vale first via a (short?) questline and then do something more there, you then get quests and have to do them a few days to unlock rewards. You need Honored for JP and some VP gear and revered for the rest of the VP gear. Exalted only rewards you with vanity items, like pets, fun items, mounts or transmog gear.

Klaxxi is probably the fastes, but only because you basically get to honored if you quest through the whole zone - you start with neutral or friendly with all other reps.

Shado-Pan is in Townlong, Auguste Celestia at the 4 Temples in Pandaria, but to unlock both of them you have to be revered with Golden Lotus.

The last "important" one would be tillers. I am not sure, but I think you have to quest at least something at Halfhill Market to unlock the dailies. You won't get any gear, but an own farm where you can plant cooking ingredients to use them for bufffood etc.

If you really don't want to quest, since 5.1 you can upgrade your gear. Rare items (starting at level 440? 450? 463? I am not sure when exactly) have 1 upgrade for 1500 JP, boosting the item by 8 itemlevels. So 463 item becomes 471.
    Epic items have 2 upgrades, both cost 750 VP and boos them item by 4 itemlevels, so you get again an 8 itemlevel boost, but it costs 1500 VP instead of JP this time. The same applies to PvP gear with 1 upgrade for 1500 Honor points or 2 upgrades for 750 Conquest points each.

Also, since 5.1, Scenarios can drop 463 rares and 476 epics (or only gold if you are unlucky). Heroics reward you with 463 rare items, each endboss has a chance to drop a 476 epic weapon. Mogu'Shan LFR rewards 476 epic items, Heart of Fear and Terrace of the Endless Spring 483 epic items. The normal version is 13 item level higher then the LFR version. Not sure about PvP items though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    You have to quest at least partially through several zones in order to unlock the Daily quests.

Golden Lotus ypu can find in the Vale of Eternal Blossom, but I think you have to open the gate into the Vale first via a (short?) questline and then do something more there, you then get quests and have to do them a few days to unlock rewards. You need Honored for JP and some VP gear and revered for the rest of the VP gear. Exalted only rewards you with vanity items, like pets, fun items, mounts or transmog gear.

Klaxxi is probably the fastes, but only because you basically get to honored if you quest through the whole zone - you start with neutral or friendly with all other reps.

Shado-Pan is in Townlong, Auguste Celestia at the 4 Temples in Pandaria, but to unlock both of them you have to be revered with Golden Lotus.

The last "important" one would be tillers. I am not sure, but I think you have to quest at least something at Halfhill Market to unlock the dailies. You won't get any gear, but an own farm where you can plant cooking ingredients to use them for bufffood etc.

If you really don't want to quest, since 5.1 you can upgrade your gear. Rare items (starting at level 440? 450? 463? I am not sure when exactly) have 1 upgrade for 1500 JP, boosting the item by 8 itemlevels. So 463 item becomes 471.
    Epic items have 2 upgrades, both cost 750 VP and boos them item by 4 itemlevels, so you get again an 8 itemlevel boost, but it costs 1500 VP instead of JP this time. The same applies to PvP gear with 1 upgrade for 1500 Honor points or 2 upgrades for 750 Conquest points each.

Also, since 5.1, Scenarios can drop 463 rares and 476 epics (or only gold if you are unlucky). Heroics reward you with 463 rare items, each endboss has a chance to drop a 476 epic weapon. Mogu'Shan LFR rewards 476 epic items, Heart of Fear and Terrace of the Endless Spring 483 epic items. The normal version is 13 item level higher then the LFR version. Not sure about PvP items though.
    Thanks a ton!