Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Tracking raiders for weekly calor cap

Ever since new system in 5.1 was introduced I feel urged to remind my fellow raiders how important it is to get that weekly valor cap. Since you will need 20+ weeks of capping to be able to upgrade all your BiS pieces there's no room for slacking. Yet some people always will and I want to make sure my raiders do get valor cap every week. What I would like to know is there a way/addon to track how many valor points each person in the guild earned for the week? Is that even possible to do.

Deleted
    I don't think so... but you can yell at them if they don't have the Black Prince quest completed by the week they should. Anyways, if that slacking brings problems (slacker-> always fails at other things), it will show elsewhere. If it doesn't show, I suppose don't matter.

Well it will show when new tier is coming and some people don't have half their gear upgraded which leads to them having less output which means raid will have less dps/hps overall. But I want to avoid that from happening by making sure everyone is capped. Hope there's a way to track it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    Ever since new system in 5.1 was introduced I feel urged to remind my fellow raiders how important it is to get that weekly valor cap. Since you will need 20+ weeks of capping to be able to upgrade all your BiS pieces there's no room for slacking. Yet some people always will and I want to make sure my raiders do get valor cap every week. What I would like to know is there a way/addon to track how many valor points each person in the guild earned for the week? Is that even possible to do.
    If you require them to do it, you should be prepared to find replacements for them down the road.

Just my 2 cents.

Deleted
    Get them to post a screenshot of them being capped every week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do they NEED to upgrade all their BiS items, wont 5.2 be out within 10-15weeks?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    And I thought I was obsessive by checking armories and seeing if people do all relevant LFRs every week or do them before our Tuesday raid. I've even stopped that. Unless you are in a top tier guild, I'd recommend not bugging people about stuff they obviously do not want to do - they'll probably get annoyed with you, ignore you, or do it because you ask and then become burnt out early and join a more casual guild or just quit entirely.

Just think this guy can show up, have fun, perform at an above average level or very well, pay attention and stay for the long run. Or, his 496 weapon be 504 a little bit earlier than if he only get VP from raiding and not DAILIES/RANDOMS YAY for the 4 more weeks he stays in the guild, and possibly lose a friend or decent acquaintance in the process? If you go through too many people you might get a reputation on your server. You could have trouble recruiting skilled but casual players who are better than any "hardcore" but mediocre or bad players who need daily gear/ valor upgrades to carry them to acceptable performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    And I thought I was obsessive by checking armories and seeing if people do all relevant LFRs every week or do them before our Tuesday raid. I've even stopped that. Unless you are in a top tier guild, I'd recommend not bugging people about stuff they obviously do not want to do - they'll probably get annoyed with you, ignore you, or do it because you ask and then become burnt out early and join a more casual guild or just quit entirely.

Just think this guy can show up, have fun, perform at an above average level or very well, pay attention and stay for the long run. Or, his 496 weapon be 504 a little bit earlier than if he only get VP from raiding and not DAILIES/RANDOMS YAY for the 4 more weeks he stays in the guild, and possibly lose a friend or decent acquaintance in the process? If you go through too many people you might get a reputation on your server. You could have trouble recruiting skilled but casual players who are better than any "hardcore" but mediocre or bad players who need daily gear/ valor upgrades to carry them to acceptable performance.
    I am in top tier guild, top 30 in the world. I am not trying to sound elitist but I just want to make sure we have the best possible gear when new tier hits and I would rather to be able to check it my self than hope everyone is doing their job. And best way to do it would be some addon that can track it.

but then again clearly you can kill heroic bosses without full heroic gear, let alone 2/2, so why bother rushing when you can just clear the instance couple months later without putting any effort.

and full heroic 2/2 upgrades far from guarantee your success next patch unless you are pushing top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    but then again clearly you can kill heroic bosses without full heroic gear, let alone 2/2, so why bother rushing when you can just clear the instance couple months later without putting any effort.

and full heroic 2/2 upgrades far from guarantee your success next patch unless you are pushing top 10.
    Yeah we can clear it on heroic without full heroic gear. But we do push for higher rank and we are also trying to do it without having silly raid hours like most of the top guilds do. We have "normal" 5 days a week 5 hours raids with extensions here and there. So for us having entire raid decked into 2/2 BiS gear will help. Tracking it somehow will make my job of making sure we do it easier.

It will probably make your job harder, since then you'll have to punish people who don't valor cap.

Do a Raid on Tuesday and check if they have the Valor of the Ancients Buff.
    I'm not even close to play in a top5000 Guild but isn't it normal that a player does nearly everything to upgrade their character? And i assume u clear the whole Content on every ID so you need 5 daily heroics for 80 vps or so to cap.
    Last edited by xfreeder; 2012-12-08 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey OP I raid Tuesday-Thursdays. I don't do dailies (getting revered with all the factions I needed gave me enough of dailies for years to come) and I don't run LFR (Mouth breathers) or Heroics. Each week I get about 300-400 Valor and that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    It will probably make your job harder, since then you'll have to punish people who don't valor cap.
    The fact that everyone can see that they are not capped is punishment enough and tbh, I and many other people in the guild are ready to help them get capped if they for some reason can't make it in time. I just need means of tracking it so I can take care of it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalfos View Post
    Hey OP I raid Tuesday-Thursdays. I don't do dailies (getting revered with all the factions I needed gave me enough of dailies for years to come) and I don't run LFR (Mouth breathers) or Heroics. Each week I get about 300-400 Valor and that's good enough for me.
    That's all nice and it's great that you're happy with your 300-400 valor per week. I will be happy if I can find an addon to track it .

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I don't think there's an addon that can track that kind of information from the game since it's a currency. It would be like getting an addon that can track how much money other players have.

I think it's more important to intelligently upgrade. Some pieces give a much bigger boost than others to your raiding spec. It's key to have enough valor to be able to upgrade those pieces on demand.
    However, it's probably more important once the next raid is available for testing to be on the PTR learning the fights. Let's face it - guilds in the top 50 world clear content in gear that is far lower than what most people who end up clearing it are wearing. Were there any bosses that even lasted more than a week? I know there were no bosses that lasted 2 weeks so far in MoP.

getting valor capped for the week is now so easy with just one full lfr run of all the split bits and 40 vp per boss from the raids. Getting vp capped for the week before the raid is much more painful because you are still forced to run hc's, do dailies etc. Just run one lfr as a guild with your guild mains.
    Also, I'm pretty sure you can't track currencies with addons.

Have you thought this through all the way? Are you really willing to replace critical raid member when he decides to stop capping valor? How do you break it to the rest of your raid that critical raid member doesn't have to cap, but the rest of them do? Are you relying on social pressure alone to handle the problem for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Elite Protectors has not been killed yet afaik, people say it's like Yogg 0 pre-nerf.

I'd say bug them about it until they get their weapons/trinkets/chest/head/legs upgraded then stop bugging them to avoid burnout. You get 640 valor from full raid clear 16/16 now anyways, so that's ~5 daily heroics and I bet you could clear them in a guild group in 15 minutes tops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    id say you dont mate, you need to discover whos a slacker or not