Poll: Which Era Was The Best?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Ok.. but you didn't have to be so hostile because someone didnt spell Shattrath right...
    True, im just pissed about being sick and missing out on a skiing trip with ma homies i guess. I'm sorry Arnorei!

I voted for cataclysm, it's probably a bit ahead of wrath for me.

I just really enjoyed my warlock in cata, and I actually started to care about how my dps was
    and how I was doing with gear etc, something I didn't really do in the previous expansions.

I don't really like mop though, affliction isn't the same, and I really enjoyed the cata lock style.
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

Deleted
    This is pretty hard.

I didn't play World of Warcraft from the start. I think I started somewhere in late 2005, or early 2006. I was pretty young back then, so I don't remember that much of Vanilla World of Warcraft, except I had really fun on my Priest.

The Burning Crusade I don't remember that much of either. Pretty much all time during that expansion I kept doing level 60 'twink' PvP on my Shaman, only doing Alterac Valley. We had our little group of level 60 PvPers both on Alliance and Horde side and we got known in that bracket, had loads of fun.

Wrath of the Lich King was pretty much the raiding expansion for me, it was pretty fun and the guild was great, we had our funny moments and whatnot, but I can say for sure this is not the best expansion in my taste.

Cataclysm was fun in the beginning but got boring later on because of the nerfs the heroics got and such, the guild got disbanded due to boredom and a lot of players quitting, Cataclysm was not that great, and this is where I went from PvE - PvP player to full RP.

Mists of Pandaria has been pretty okay so far. Since raids, PvE or PvP does not interest me I can't really rate this expansion, but the roleplay has been fun.

I think I will have to go with Vanilla or Burning Crusade here.

Deleted
    Wish I could vote for more than 1.

I vote for Wrath and MoP.
    Both for epic taletelling and later for being most alt friendly.

Deleted
    Vanilla was nice and will always be the ideal state of the game for me. Though best best xpac so far is Wotlk, just the thing that you could raid ICC as 10 or 25 man without sharing lockout were awesome. And besides I had a lot more irl friends playing at that time so it were fun on another level than the rest of the expansions.

Classic WoW was the best time for me. That is when i spent most of my time raiding and creating bonds with people.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath hands down.
    Great story, and raiding was tons of fun. This is just personal experience but it was neither too easy or too hard for our guild. Never got too far in Ulduar, but the fights were challenging enough for our guild. I also liked ToC, however ICC did get old.
    Dailies didn't actually feel like a pain or burden, probably because mobs were less of a grind.
    Not much I can say about pvp I guess when it comes to balance. I had tons of fun with dueling others, I remember that.

Not a day there was that I was bored during Wrath, to sum it up.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, MoP. If it continues the way it is, it'll definitely be the best time in WoW for me, surpassing even Wrath. Cataclysm and TBC were good, but Wrath had the "Lich King" element to it. I'm quite surprised at how awesome Pandaria's multiple plots are being though. I expected them to be decent, but for the most part, they have exceeded my expectations.

However, if it goes downhill, my vote switches to Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    havent played mop yet. i voted classic

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked Wrath of the Lich King the most overall. If I have to choose specific expansions for specific things then probably The Burning Crusade would be on a lot of the choices, but overall Lich King.

voted classic because that was when I raided
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Wrath of the Lich King, best climax and items ever, overall the best expansion and era. I was playing during the begining of cata up to first patch and quitted. I tried MoP and quitted, can't stand current climax. Hopefully the next expansion will bring back the climate of the Wrath. Otherwise, I am done forever, gonna install warcraft III and play custom games alongside with Counter-Strike:Source, some single players and SC2 until family and private things will totally conquer my gaming time.

Deleted
    The Burning Crusade, PvE wise it was close to perfect. The difference in zones and dungeons...amazing artwork and music, what more could I ask for. And most of all, there was more to a class than just a different color, each class / spec has something to offer. I used to enjoy questing...than Wotlk came along.

The only thing I give more points on in Wotlk is lore, but I didn't like the lore in general so it evens out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Wrath & MoP. But since MoP isn't over I can't comment on the expansion as a whole until its over, But I am enjoying it alot right now, My Second choice besides MoP will be The Burning Crusade.

I put Wrath of the Lich King ahead of THC because I'm a huge LK / Northrend / Scourge fan. That it was the perfect expansion for me even if it was alittle easier than Classic/TBC. I loved the story line & had my best time in WoW around this expansion. I may have been playing since the beginning, but I feel WoW got very fun for me in Wrath, Only think I hated about Wrath was Gearscore.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Classic, TBC and WotLK are the only good answers answers (for me). WotLK did a great job wrapping up the story where WC3 ended, its a pity that we never actually got the Scourge as a playable faction. Something I've always dreamed off.

Raiding Ulduar and ICC at current content was definatly the best time I had in WoW, and probably for many others.

Wrath minus the one raid being basically a clone and one being a bit lame. It was so thoroughly saturated with great lore and unique locales, I doubt we'll ever have another one like that until sargeras.

Also the last expansion where things weren't so streamlined that there was still potential to be great, not just "a little better" than other people.

By far the best was wrath for me and worse is tied with Cata/Mop. "My opinion"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Wrath is probably when I had the most fun so wrath...

10+ Year Old Account
    Best expansion is the one that hasnt come out
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Wrath, easily. I had the most fun in Wrath. BC is a close second.