Poll: Which Era Was The Best?

Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Best Era/Expansion of WoW?

Which was your favorite era? I vote BC. Everything was perfect except resilience IMHO.

I read the title and immediately expected to see pages full of people reply with BC. I agree BC was really good (I enjoyed every expansion including Vanilla) but I enjoyed my time the most in Wrath. Probably b/c I was more involved in raiding and I had a larger sample of friends who played regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for Wrath.

Had my favourite storyline, best zones and music and overall feel, also had Dalaran. I will wait to see if MOP tops it by the last patch. So far doing good.

As usually, people will pick TBC without a thought but if you do some digging you will find that people wanted vanilla back then like people wanted Wrath back in Cata and TBC in Wrath.

There is one here, and a few gamespot forum posts from years ago are still around

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rvers-petition
    Last edited by Thulvaso; 2012-12-08 at 11:00 PM.

Dude come on. It's only been a few weeks since the last thread like this. Couldn't we wait a few months?

Anyone, so far I'm enjoying MoP a lot but will have to wait till the end to see if it's my favorite.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked BC because I played DPS and the fights used more than raw dps (ability to move, CC and DPS actually used things like pots etc to help out heals).

Wrath took a lot of that away and started the trend toward ilevel and raw meter output. But it gave me a chance to see Naxx (I started toward the end of Vanilla so never say Naxx40) and had Ulduar which rocked. Even ICC was a lot of fun. And Wrath made it practical to level and gear an alt late in an expac and still be able to do things.

Cata.... I didn't like the drastic emphasis on gear early, esp for healers. The problem was that Wrath taught DPS to not care about health etc - healers could deal with stupid, basically. Whip sawing back to TBC like mechanics with a community that no longer had those reflexes was a mistake. I did a little raiding in T11 but the tier didn't do much for me. I couldn't raid in FL due to time and LFR DS - once was enough. Cata wanted to be a 12-15 mnth transitional expansion... but it was 2 years. A lot of the things they did in reworking the old world had been requested for years and it's probably a good thing for the game, but it was a light xpac in terms of things to do if you didn't raid or pvp.

MoP so far is fun. More variety,LFRed in MV and it looks like the place would be fun on normal. More things to do. I'd adjust the rep system to be less linear, but that's a nit really since reps matter less and less as the expansion ages.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    Which was your favorite era? I vote BC. Everything was perfect except resilience IMHO.
    Resto druids and warlocks made me hate PvP in BC.

Deleted
    I'm torn between BC and Wrath. Voted Wrath in the end because there were a few more things that helped a lot, like all raids having 10 people possibility and Ulduar with its billionth heroic modes and the norse feel.

I still liked Sharrath more then Dalaran though. And Zangarmarsh more then many zones in Wrath.

Deleted
    BC hands down. Raiding back then was truly awesome.

TBC zones, lore, music, raids, guilds, community everything was topnotch

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn between Cata and MoP right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I'm torn between BC and Wrath. Voted Wrath in the end because there were a few more things that helped a lot, like all raids having 10 people possibility and Ulduar with its billionth heroic modes and the norse feel.

I still liked Sharrath more then Dalaran though. And Zangarmarsh more then many zones in Wrath.
    Sharrath? Rofl, wotlk baby faking he played during bc. How cute.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-09 at 01:01 AM.

this again?

LK was cool and all. But 2 out of 4 raid tiers were terrible, and ICC was gated.

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Resto druids and warlocks made me hate PvP in BC.
    As a warlock running sl/sl + resto I can say BC pvp after s2 or 3 was horrible. My average match was like 25-30min and 50min was not uncommon.

I really belive the game has never been better then it is today. BC was really really cool but the fact that like 80% of the raiding community was stuck in kara+Gruuls laris for like a year and that everytime you recruited somebody you had to go back to Maggy, SSC and TK to get then attuned when nobody could use gear from that was really bad. Also having groups of like lock, lock, sprit, boomkin, elemental JUST for buffing the locks or rogue, rogue, armswarrior, ret, shammy JUST to buff the 2 warglaives wielding rogue was also horrible design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgarn View Post
    Sharrath? Rofl, wotlk baby faking he played during bc. How cute.
    I bet you didn't play in TBC either. Just because someone doesn't spell a word right doesn't mean he/she didn't play during x expansion.

I mispronounce names all the time in this game.

BC. The attunements were awesome, the heroics were absolutely punishing until the first nerf, and raiding was... perfect. Sense of community on a realm was at it's highest aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I bet you didn't play in TBC either. Just because someone doesn't spell a word right doesn't mean he/she didn't play during x expansion.

I mispronounce names all the time in this game.
    My Hand of A'dal title beg to differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgarn View Post
    My Hand of A'dal title beg to differ.
    Ok.. but you didn't have to be so hostile because someone didnt spell Shattrath right...

i would say wrath for now.
    that said i think MoP is coming thru strongly. i am loving it so far pvp and pve.

I went wrath. ICC and ulduar were the only times I've had a truly epic experience in this game.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.