Poll: Which Era Was The Best?

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    TBC with wrath/vanilla coming second. My nostalgia would say Vanilla but TBC was better from all aspects
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still find it amusing so many say wrath, when it was the worst expansion of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I still find it amusing so many say wrath, when it was the worst expansion of all.
    your opinion, not necessary true. I have chosen tbc mostly because of the end game progression it had. From lore and atmosphere wrath was far the best of all.
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-12-16 at 05:08 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Classic WoW imo, nothing will ever recapture that magic imo

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 05:07 PM ----------

Side note...Mists comes damn close to being as great as vanilla was

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since i played vanila on a private server cant vote for that bc was okay didnt do much pve though, so wrath was the best time i've ever had.
    Had an amazing guild which raided a lot had friends good times. Plus deathknights were introduced my favorite class <3
    Best raids ever made Ulduar and ICC in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Ellez View Post
    People who didn't vote for TBC or classic confirmed for not knowing shit about wow.
    I played vanilla and TBC, but I still think WotLK is slightly better than TBC. For a more epic raiding experience, I gotta give it to TBC. But for everything else, which are things like story, features, dungeons, specs, zones etc, WotLK wins.

Only a small & of the playerbase had experienced TBC's final raids, especially Sunwell. In WotLK, you still had to organise your own raids, and it was just doable in normal mode for pugs to eventually clear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Really digging MOP so far, TBC is gonna be hard to beat though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    LK was cool and all. But 2 out of 4 raid tiers were terrible, and ICC was gated.
    And Sunwell wasn't?

'sides, there's no point to this poll, what with having MoP on there and the expansion isn't done. We can't even really say what MoP's era truly is like yet. As for BC being perfect? That's laughable. Don't get me wrong, I liked BC. Enjoyed it quite a bit, but perfect is definitely a no go. I'll list what wasn't perfect, but it can't be read if you're wearing rose colored glasses.

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath with ease.

IMO in the end its probably all about the community. You can list features as you want but i think the community feeling is/was what makes TBC/Classic very popular.
    The game changed after TBC quite a bit and as a result the community too.
    "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

WoW leveling/heroic/LFR difficulty in one line of code:
    do {press (AnyKey)} until MobHealth=0;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgarn View Post
    My Hand of A'dal title beg to differ.
    My Scarab Lord title looks at your Hand of A'dal and laughs.

Or are both of us talking out of our asses to be internet tough guys?
    Putin khuliyo

Lore-wise MoP is spot-on.

I am amazed so many people liked Wrath. It was absolute garbage that hauled in the masses of casuals, imo. :x

again, IMO. :3

WotLK/TBC. I had some awesome experience in both of them. If you ask me to pick one, I'll flip you the finger.

MoP so far has been REALLY good. But it's a long way for it to end, so I'm not sure where it will rank once it's ended.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 09:11 PM ----------

Also, Hand of A'dal title could be obtained in WotLK if you had the quest. So people bragging about Hand of A'dal and/or Immortal please stop. There are far more difficult titles then those that everyone seems to running around with now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do people keep make'ing these threads? arent there hundreds and again hundreds of threads like this that has been created over and over.. arent we actully done with the whole "this and that" expansion is better through all those previous threads?

Wrath of the Lich King, The game was alive, and my sever was not dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    wrath and mop

BC and vanilla were terrible. Horribly unbalanced and lame in many ways

Deleted
    It's obviously MoP. Wotlk was nice but every aspect of the game has been improved in MoP, specially the raiding.

WotLK. It had something for everyone no matter what kind of player you were, plus the story was pretty great.