Poll: Which Era Was The Best?

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    SHOCKED that people voted WoTLK over BC, but maybe there was a wave of new people that started then that don't know any better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    SHOCKED that people voted WoTLK over BC, but maybe there was a wave of new people that started then that don't know any better?
    Because WotLK was way better than BC. What's more ridiculous is why people voted Vanilla over Cataclysm, since clearly Cataclysm was lightyears better than Vanilla.
    Everything was crap in Vanilla, leveling chars required 25-30 times more grinding than Mists daily quests to exalted with all factions. Vanilla raids were absolutely horrible.
    Way-of-life features didn't exist at all. Heroism/Time Warp didn't exist either. FLYING DIDN'T EXIST. And ground mounts costing 6 months worth of grinding gold for only 60% speed mounts at lvl 40. Vanilla was an absolute crap era, no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or because people preferred Wrath over TBC and actually have different opinions to you. "Don't know any better" rofl, pathetic.

Deleted
    I would still vote for MoP, especially when 5.2 looks so damn good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing nonstop since the game came out and I voted for WOTLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK of course.

Had a healing style I preferred and also had healing roles (e.g., tank healing sub-classes and raid healing sub-classes). I like tank healing not spamming AoEs, let alone fast single target heals that kept me always busy. Felt powerful, in need and my heals topped the charts by healing one target at a time. What a rush!

Now it's more of a snorefest only broken by tanks who want to pull more than they can handle. PvP becomes more interesting because it's still high burst damage healing, but endless BGs (or even arenas) get old faster than dungeons and raids (which I all but gave up on, since healing feels so lame...spam those AoEs to beat the meters by brute force). It's not like the fun of healing an AV skirmish line with 40 players for 30+mins...that's the biggest healing rush ever.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Or because people preferred Wrath over TBC and actually have different opinions to you. "Don't know any better" rofl, pathetic.
    No it's actually because people don't remember the crap WoTLK was after Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved BC and the lore that came with it, but I voted for WotLK even though I wasn't too fond of the undead theme. It was the expansion that I raided in the most, the one that made the biggest game changes IMO and I loved every single one of the raids in it, particularly Ulduar.

I like MoP, but if it compares to WotLK still remains to be seen with time. Anything would be a large improvement over Cataclysm to me.

Definitely WotLK, but MoP seems to be catching up to it slowly but surely. Time will tell.

Actually started in Classic, but I preferred WotLK to BC. The only saving grace of BC was Karazhan. Guild poaching between raiding guilds was horrible, and you'd have guilds stuck on one raid the entirety of an expansion. No thank you.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also surprise that wrath is above TBC, i guess, if this poll was made 1-2 years ago, TBC would still be king (as a matter of fact, i have seen quite a few of this kind of poll, pre-mop, TBC always end up ahead)

For this reason, i agree that, there must be a good part of old school gamer (not all of them obviously, since vanilla - tbc still got vote) that just moved on, that is not only don't play the game anymore but don't come to these forums.

It's not big secret that they have been huge turnover of player in wow, in fact, from the people i was raiding with back in TBC, maybe only a few remains, the vast majority have quit (me included). i still keep teamspeak contact with old friend, bot not ingame, $15 just to chat is pushing it.

So yes, since the population of wow has barely changed since TBC (11 millions at the end of TBC, 10 millions at the begining of MOP), i suppose that there are as much new player that came into the game, most possibly durring the wrath period, which explain the poll.

The problem with wrath, is that it alternate the best and the worse. Naxx 80 was awful, boring and far far too easy. Ulduar was maybe the greatest raid of all wow. ToC possibly the worst raid tier of all Wow. ICC was ok, but i did not like the constant nerfing. Or more exactly, i feel that people that clear it pre nerf should have something special. title or tabard, or mount, anything.

I agree that the first 6 month of cataclysm were great. Nice leveling, though the zone were too far apart, the dungeaon heroics were fun and challenging, people needed to manage mana and use crowd control spell, really fun. being able to cheat the dungeon finder with item in bags were a big mistake from blizz, which contribute to the general feeling that dungeons were too hard, which there were not.
    Raid were interesting, nice trash pack in BoT, nicest trash pack we have had in a very long time. Interesting mechnics for the boss.

But the quality degrade after that. No raid in 4.1, just two rehash 5 man content. 7 boss raid in 4.2 and 8 boss in 4.3. It's not so much the number of boss, but the design of the boss, especially in 4.3 Far too repetitive, often enough, DS boss had 2 phase that just repeat until enrage. Deathwing could be one of the most repetitive and boring fight of the game, as bad as raid boss from molten core.

Can't comment on MoP, never played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellez View Post
    People who didn't vote for TBC or classic confirmed for not knowing shit about wow.
    So you're saying that because you think that CLASSIC (I bolded, italisised and underlined the real term that people that used to play back then use. Seriously, almost only people that started later on use "Vanilla") and TBC were the best, everyone else is stupid and not entitled to their opinion... Well then.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 05:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You're whining because it was too fucking hard? Last time I heard everyone hated Wrath cause it was too easy.

What the hell?
    I said the same thing earlier, where when Cata hit, EVERYONE was talking shit about WotLK, and now it's on top of the charts as being the best. Figures...

I picked classic because it had more of a sense of open-world adventure than the expansions, which are much more focused and linear.

TBC. The game was gaining so much momentum and raids were incredible IMO. I enjoyed the feeling of progression through the heroics->kara->za/t5->t6. The game stayed challenging and fresh for about two whole years when all they really added was ZA and Sunwell (which I hardly even scratched). I'll admit, without a good guild the expansion would have been terrible for me... any DPS alts I had who couldn't get into guild raids were completely abandoned because getting through a Shadow Labs run on a hunter seemed fucking impossible at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    No it's actually because people don't remember the crap WoTLK was after Cataclysm.
    No, it's actually because people preferred Wrath over TBC.

Deleted
    classic of course

Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    Everything was perfect except resilience IMHO.
    What do you think was the matter with it?

Too good or too bad? Or was it the fact that it was there and seperated pvp gear from pve?

I remember when Wrath was out and everyone thought it was the worst but I didnt really because in the beginning of it I made friends doing heroics on my realm and kept doing it with those people. I REALLY wish lfg prioritized your own realm so you can meet new people on it

Wrath. I'm a bit biased because I started playing in Wrath, so everything felt fresh and exciting. But looking back on it you could pug a lot of content and make new friends as well as run with your raid each week since 10/25 didn't share a lockout. There was enough "easy" content that it felt like you were progressing at a decent pace, yet enough "hard" content that people who wanted a challenge could find it (in the later tiers obviously). All in all it just felt the most balanced for all players to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So you're saying that because you think that CLASSIC (I bolded, italisised and underlined the real term that people that used to play back then use. Seriously, almost only people that started later on use "Vanilla") and TBC were the best, everyone else is stupid and not entitled to their opinion... Well then.
    people always used both words. What you say is wrong. The second part is right though, 100% true.

kidding aside though, it actually does hold some merit. If you never played during BC for example, there is no way for you to tell if that era of the game was more enjoyable and fun than wotlk. It does slightly diminish your opinion.

I said the same thing earlier, where when Cata hit, EVERYONE was talking shit about WotLK, and now it's on top of the charts as being the best. Figures...
    that's because players didnt expect the pile of garbage cata would turn out to be. In light of the horrible things blizzard can still do to this game, they actually appreciate how good wotlk was - relative to the true cataclysm that was cataclysm.