Downloading 5.1 for the 4th time.

As the title states i log in again today and for the fourth time i am downloading all of 5.1 content patch again. Is anyone else having a similar issue and any ideas what may be causing this ? Getting pretty old.

Are you actually downloading it or is the launcher just updating files?

You know, since its going so fast each time, i think it may just be updating the files each time..

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonizer View Post
    You know, since its going so fast each time, i think it may just be updating the files each time..
    Well it sounds as though one of your files is corrupt or is not what it should be. Did you set any files to read-only, such as creature cache, or have a batch file running to replace a file on start-up?

10+ Year Old Account
    My game was updating today too. Think it happened to many people. If it says 'updating files', Blizzard may have been fixing issues and fixing any corrupted files on your data in the meantime. In this case, the x64 client crashing for no reason since 5.1. Used to crash for me 5-6 times in an hour since the patch. Since the update today, my client hasn't crashed once. Thinking that was part of the reason.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine updated a few days ago, hasnt today
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Mine updated a few days ago, hasnt today
    Yeah as most people's did, the OP however has stated that it has happened multiple times which would lead one to believe it's a corrupted file issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine updated again yesterday after my power went out momentarily right as I was logging out and the information on the launcher did have 5.1 patch information...I didn't give it much thought and just figured it was because of the power outage but it did this to my husband's as well.

We're both running 64 bit and now that I'm seeing this thread, I'm realizing the crashes I've also been experiencing (and my husband has as well although he's had many more than me) must be due to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    My game was updating today too. Think it happened to many people. If it says 'updating files', Blizzard may have been fixing issues and fixing any corrupted files on your data in the meantime. In this case, the x64 client crashing for no reason since 5.1. Used to crash for me 5-6 times in an hour since the patch. Since the update today, my client hasn't crashed once. Thinking that was part of the reason.
    No, that patch is not helping, I've crashed several times since that small update after 5.1

OP: I would try running the repair tool if your constantly stuck updating, or if your running win7, right click the wow exe and select "run as admin" and see if that resolves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/247456-patch/

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...rent-download/

For reference. It appears to be a few different things going on this week.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yesterday i had the same issue. I let it do its thing, played, closed WoW. Tried later that night to play again and it wants to "update" again...:-/