area and single target taunts
    charge
    and a number of def stat increases

wow nobody has any opinions at all?

Deleted
    I don't tank

Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    wow nobody has any opinions at all?
    You'll lose too much armor from the shield. Armor and flat mitigation is absolutely crucial for Warrior tanks. Rogues get by due to their ridiculous tank cooldowns. Sorta doesn't work for a warrior tank to nearly the same degree.

It would be possible to 2h or DW tank if you are overgeared for the content. Such as L50 content. You'll likely need to be deep in VK [61pts] or heavily invested in Paladin to pull it off I think.

Warlord is not as suited to tanking as the tree leads you to believe.

If you want to tank as a Warlord without a Shield your best option is probably:
    61 VK/12 WL/3 RV as Fencers suggested.

You could possibly do deep Paladin if Shield of the Hero and Shield of the Chosen work without a Shield equipped, the tooltips don't say and I've never tried to use them without one. If they still work then 54 PL/12 WL/10 VK

Again, don't attempt to use this build unless you are overgeared for the content since the Armor loss is crippling. Also there are no tanking specs that don't contain Binding of Death (51pt RV), Light's Benediction (54pt PL) or Unstable Void (61pt VK) which are even vaguely close to being decent. The mitigation provided by those abilities is critical.

I never really understood VK and its pacts. But you guys are saying that even with the ability to block the loss of the shields armor is bad enough it can't be overcome for progression even with the reavers absorptions and self heals?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    I never really understood VK and its pacts. But you guys are saying that even with the ability to block the loss of the shields armor is bad enough it can't be overcome for progression even with the reavers absorptions and self heals?
    That is what we are saying, yes. Armor is a HUGE factor of Warrior mitigation. Our CDs are fewer &/or longer depending on spec vis-a-vis the Clerics and Rogues that can almost have a CD every time when needed.

It is the intention as stated by the warrior class developer that Warlord be a PVP and solo orientated defensive build. So yea, even by official admittance it just doesn't offer too much using WL. Or two-handed/dual wield tanking.

VK pacts are more or less... rage. When a Vk gets hit by elemental damage he gains a pact. As a tank a VK can either hold on to those pacts for passive bonuses. Alternatively a Vk can spend those pacts for more direct abilities such as a damage shield, cleanse or ranged spiked damage.

In the past Vk's had the boon as tanks of their pact spending abilities either being unique among warriors or efficient energy use. Like a Discharge was a massive ranged damage spike w/ very low power cost.

Wambo-combo Discharge with another an OGCD ability and you had a decent, very rapid spike of damage & threat [where applicable] at trivial costs.

Some talents passively give pacts. For the most part it works very simply; get hit, get pacts, spend/keep as needed.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-12-09 at 11:07 PM.