863. This poll is closed
  • I cancelled my subscription

288 33.37%
  • I'm still playing

575 66.63%
Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Cancelled Subscription?

This thread will most likely be biased because most people that are on mmo champion play wow but I wanted to get some statistics on how the game is doing numbers wise. I'm not going to say what I put but I welcome people to post what they liked/ didn't like about this expansion and compare that to previous expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The official and only numbers are 10m at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it. When they announced "Mists of Pandaria" for the new expac, I hated it. I hated the thought of Pandaren, Pandaria, new talents, pet battles, and all of that doom and gloom. Now, I'm having a blast.

Edit: You made one of these already. If you aren't happy with it, why are you still worrying about it?
    Last edited by Seezer; 2012-12-09 at 04:30 AM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I think it's pretty awesome. Still subbed

If you by some stretch of the imagination got 1000 people to contribute to your poll, you would still have 1/100 of 1% of WoW's current subscriber base. Anecdotal evidence at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still playing and having as much fun as ever. I must admit I had strong doubts when MoP was announced as a serious expansion, but now that I have played it for a couple of months I am very much pleased. They have improved on a lot of things since WotLK and Cataclysm, I think it is their best expansion to date from a pure gameplay standpoint. Obviously the 'new and exciting' feeling is completely gone for me after having played this game for very close to 7 years, however, the fact that I can have as much fun as I currently am comes to show just how good it is at the moment.

The only thing I wish was different was the feeling of wonder and curiosity that I had when I first started playing all those years ago. Even though the game itself was way worse then, I was having just as much fun. Possibly more at times.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    I bought MoP and 1 month then never returned. I don't know if MoP is awesome though, But when i came on i was feeling like ugh WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to quit in late Cataclysm for personal reasons and hadn't really planned to come back for awhile but after trying out a couple of other games (Aion, GW2...neither have subscription models) I ended up buying MoP and resubbing.

I quite like the expansion and personally consider it better than WotLK or Cataclysm. I wasn't that fond of the undead theme and Dragon Soul just went on far too long for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Edit: You made one of these already. If you aren't happy with it, why are you still worrying about it?
    People like these love to repeat thread so they get some type of feeling out of it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

One thing they did right in MoP is the raids. They're really good.

On the flip side, MoP did do a couple things terribly wrong. First of all, the huge focus on daily quests. Even the bare minimum 45 per week for elder charms sucks. Somebody who just wants to raid should not be forced to do 45 daily quests each week.

Second of all, something I noticed after transitioning from a hardcore guild to a casual guild with friends, is that the lack of entry level gear makes raids quite brutal for casual players. Its weird going from a guild where the average ilvl is 497+ and everything is easy, then moving to another guild and everyone is down to ~475 and even normal modes are a struggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to have a lot of posts complaining about WoW. Why do you care if you don't play anymore? Move on with your life and stop obsessing over something you hate.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    People like these love to repeat thread so they get some type of feeling out of it.
    Actually I made that thread a while ago when the game was more fresh. I made this thread now because the feeling should be somewhat gone and I wanted to see if I was correct about it before. From the looks of it I am. Tons of people already unsubbed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    You seem to have a lot of posts complaining about WoW. Why do you care if you don't play anymore? Move on with your life and stop obsessing over something you hate.
    Making a thread every once in a while is obsessing? Obsessing would be you look into my background because you're angry. I care because I use to lose the game and I want to see if people like it still and if they have done anything to change the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Tons of people already unsubbed.
    so 20 people constitutes tons? whatever. you are just trying to start trouble, and spreading hate. the game is wonderful. you dont like it. move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    so 20 people constitutes tons? whatever. you are just trying to start trouble, and spreading hate. the game is wonderful. you dont like it. move on.
    Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.

Unsubscribed. There's no point in raiding for me because there's no reward for being good, besides maybe a server first achievement. I might as well focus on school and not have to worry about WoW.

Now, I don't think there's anything in particular about the expansion I hate, but if these rumors about 2 hour dailies are true, then that sucks too hard for me. I can't maintain schoolwork and hardcore raiding hours while having to do so much out of raid time work.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
    If you by some stretch of the imagination got 1000 people to contribute to your poll, you would still have 1/100 of 1% of WoW's current subscriber base. Anecdotal evidence at best.
    actually if you poll around 2500 people you get a pretty good idea of what the rest of the population will do. How most polls work actually.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.
    it looks fine.. anecdotal is not worth basing a complete idea on. small sample of biased haters, that cant come to accept that wow is still fun, and love to vote just to stir up the results. your idea, doesnt look to good either. so i guess we can just both be wrong. you go play your new flashy game.. ill stay playing wow. we will both have fun doing different things
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Except a thread called "cancelled subscription" is inevitably going to attract more disgruntled individuals than is representative of the overall population.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Except a thread called "cancelled subscription" is inevitably going to attract more disgruntled individuals than is representative of the overall population.
    Or it will attract angry die hard wow fans as shown above.

Are you going to keep creating these polls until the results validate your hatred toward the game or the company behind the game? Are you just fishing for the answers you want? I don't get it.

Still subbed, still enjoying it, don't plan to cancel any time soon.