863. This poll is closed
  • I cancelled my subscription

288 33.37%
  • I'm still playing

575 66.63%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm still playing but I cancelled my Subscription! I'm just not going to vote then.

Expansion is two months in, if you are going to compare it to other ones you can only compare launch content, and MoP is certainly up there in quality, IMO, and while I enjoy several aspects of the game, the whole reason I play is to raid, so that is in large part what I base my opinion off of.

A lot of people are just plain tired of the game....ultimately every MMO is almost the same....quest, level, get better gear to kill bad guys, throw some crafting in, etc. It's absolutely the same old shit in that regard, and as a former altoholic I can't get myself to give a shit about anything more than my main character right now, as I said, I play to raid, I enjoy it as much if not more than I did when I first started to raid in Karazhan. To answer the poll, yes, I'm still subbed, and if they reproduce the quality of t14 in the new raid tiers (doesn't have to have 16 bosses though) then I will be happy. If they give us more half-baked crap like DS, then I'll probably give it a break for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Yes you can get an idea, you just have to calculate how many newer players are coming in with those who are quitting so obviously it won't be down to 6.7 million but it should be going down unless new players are outweighing those who leaving. Plus I'm only interested in how many people are quitting in the US because our subscriptions cost much more than that of other countries.
    US Sub is cheaper then the EU one...just saying...

On topic: cancelled a while ago - simply Played the Game for to Long...had Good Fun with it for the years it lasted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.
    If 35% of the people who responded to this thread unsubscribed and you claim that represents the whole, then that means Blizzard would have lost over 3 million players in three months, which is unprecedented. You're going to have to do better than just saying "it's representative of the whole"... Sure, it is, to an extent, but you're hardly going to get accurate results just from arbitrarily looking at the percentages of voters.

There's pros and cons to every expansion (which I don't feel like getting into), but positive wise it feels like an expansion again and that's the most important thing to me, especially coming off Cata which obviously felt very disconnected. I'm still subbed.

Unsubbed. Not really a lot of things that I hate, the total casualization is already inevitable but I cba to do those dailies for 1h+ everyday (and that is for one character).

I seriously don't know what you're getting at with this. Even if the sampling is good, there are still a lot of factors that will make the polls inaccurate. Might take a break, but not a very long one.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    No you can't. Unless you expect sub numbers to be down to either 6.7 million or that 47 people will have quit.
    Best post in weeks. Just had me almost choking on my breakfast coffee.

So good sir, without having the information that only Blizzard has, where would you propose getting a good sample. A popular WoW fansite with enough other information on separate games and real life events to keep even the unsubscribed coming back seems the best place to get a somewhat unbiased poll. Unless I happen to be missing something?
    You don't, because no data is better than wrong data.

10+ Year Old Account
    I basically just didn't put another game card on rather than actively cancel a subscription. I'm currently unsubbed, but I can't really articulate very well why...

I've got heaps of respect for what they've done. I got a monk to 81, got my lock to 90, had a blast levelling, love Pandaria... But eh... I just wasn't feeling it. I saw this wall of "Do the same shit every day! Grind Cloud Serpents! Grind August Celestials! Grind Golden Lotus, and Klaxxi! Grind Shado'pan! Grind valor points to buy your rep gear! Grind valor points to upgrade your gear! Grind scenarios and dungeons! Grind LFR with totally randomised low-rate gear drops! Grind extra-roll charms!"

I know that really that's what WoW's always been, and I'll happily say that MoP's presentation of the grinding is actually far more varied and slick than any expansion yet... But maybe I'm either too old or it was just too much at once. I pretty much said to myself flat-out "Fuck this. Not grinding."
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.
    You know, people can still play even if they cancelled subscription. I used to do that to not be automatically charged each time my subscription ends...

Ive always wondered why people that dont play the game post here, probably looking for a reason to come back or reminding themselves not too.

This thread will most likely be biased because most people that are on mmo champion play wow but I wanted to get some statistics on how the game is doing numbers wise. I'm not going to say what I put but I welcome people to post what they liked/ didn't like about this expansion and compare that to previous expansions.
    look over 30 million people have played and then quit wow nomatter what the amount of people who have left the game will always be bigger then the amount of people playing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Bought MoP and leveling 2 chars to 90 third to 89 then quit. Maybe it gets better some day and I'll return.

Deleted
    I've unsubbed, very recently so technically my account is still active, I'm just not logging in any more and have no intention to do so.

There are a lot of reasons, but these are the main ones:

I've played since 2005 and no matter how good the game itself might be, it's just unbearably stale now to me after all this time.

Since TBC my main reason for playing is to raid. I no longer have the motivation to set aside all that time now, especially not for 10 man raiding which is pretty much all that's available now at the times I can raid. I realised I was just logging in to do my auctions and a half-assed attempt at a couple of quests and then logging out again, which is a waste of £9 a month.

The community is a cess pit. The actual trigger for me to stop playing was this thread on the official forums: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7259086?page=1 It's not the actual point being made, it's the utterly obnoxious attitudes from mediocre players in mediocre guilds who think it's acceptable to behave so appallingly and who are encouraged and emulated by others. That behaviour and those attitudes are too common in the game now, and I don't want anything to do with it.

Why am I still on MMO Champion? Because I like the community on here, I'm obviously still very interested in the game even if i will no longer be playing it - I've invested years in it and had a huge amount of enjoyment from it in the past, it would be odd not to still be interested in it. I'm pottering about in Rift and like the Rift subforum on here.

I think MoP is a pretty decent expansion except for the dailies, I've always loathed those in any era and the overemphasis on them in MoP is a big turn off for me. The continent itself is beautiful, the story line seems fine, etc. I don't know what it would take to relight the spark for me, if it's even possible after all this time. I'm still going to be interested in it though, that's only natural.

The good still outweighs the bad imho so i still play. I can see why some people may have a problem with MoP tho.

Deleted
    I still play the game however its mostly thanks to my guildies that i do without them this game would have gone dull a long time ago i do still enjoy the game but its just not enugh to play it without my friends anymore however.

I'm only still playing because of twinking, friends, and my account has a year sub still paid for.

The questing, dungeon, and raid experience is nice, as always. The dailies and pvp are tragic. CRZ is something a dying dog would puke up. The devs still don't know what the word 'balanced' means, and it shows. Blizzard keeps throwing new things at the game to see what sticks, instead of addressing stagnating issues that have persisted each expansion and patch.

I am most likely NOT going to be buying the next expansion, and I doubt I'll even bother with Titan when it shows itself.

Starcraft 2 seems to be the only game they can get right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't judge the expansion as I haven't played it much. Tried the trial, but I've changed my mmo - for good, it appears. WoW was some of my most favourite social gaming experiences I have ever had in a PC game. I look back on it fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I believe that isn't entirely right. A poll isn't representative if you just poll a very special group. If you go into MC Donalds on a busy Saturday night, you will come out with a sample size of 100% of people like to eat at Mc Donalds. Now so that poll in a Bio-Supermarket.

35% of the people in this thread unsubbed? So that means? What are the base of numbers you start on? Does that mean 35% less than at the start of MoP? 35% of what exactly? 10 million play, 7 billion do not play. So actually 99.9% of the people on earth are unsubbed.

You don't want complainers? Then think before you post about what you post and how you present it. This is very wishy-washy
    Dude you sound like a fool. How was my post anything like your ridiculous mcdonalds straw man logic example? At least use a better analogy next time. Who in their right mind, other than you, would think I was targeting the 7 billion people on the planet who don't play wow? I could write out every minute detail but some people still wouldn't understand what I mean /points at you.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 02:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    look over 30 million people have played and then quit wow nomatter what the amount of people who have left the game will always be bigger then the amount of people playing
    I meant people that left from the beginning of MoP. "I'm not going to say what I put but I welcome people to post what they liked/ didn't like about this expansion and compare that to previous expansions."