Ret pally LF RBGS PST!!! or LFM RBGS need mage,lock, DK

You ever see anyone on your server looking for a Ret paladin for a RBG??? It's so frustrating to play a class that nobody want's to take for RBGS! I can shout for hours in trade about RBGS but nobody responds to you! I have even see 2k arena rated ret pallies looking for RBGS with no luck! Blizzard needs to give Ret paladins some niche so they are wanted for RBGS! Arenas is okay you can get in some comps like RET/warrior/healing druid etc. but even arena is not that great! Some times i feel like leveling a warrior or mage and making those mains or some class that is wanted in RBGS and arenas, so your not avoided! Any other Ret pally feel this way?? It's so frustrating!

Deleted
    Well, having played ret since Vanilla I grew accustomed to this many years ago. You just gotta try harder, and prove yourself, once you've done that it should be pretty easy finding your way to a RBG group. If that doesn't work, make your own group.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make your own group, if that doesn't work re-roll druid >.<

Quote Originally Posted by -KeenaM- View Post
    Make your own group, if that doesn't work re-roll druid >.<
    Blizzard's philosophy on defensive hybrids has always been nonsensical, apparently they feel that a Rep Paladin is someone that has a few gimmick cooldowns that can delay the inevitable for a few seconds. Look at what happened over the last few weeks; our off-healing finally began to compete with the CC and superior damage of pures, and how we are back to wallowing in mediocrity while mages can now set up a shatter kill every minute as opposed a huge overkill every 2 min... gg. I don't know if the people who balance this game are just intellectually mediocre or just don't play hybrids, but either way, nothing has changed in 6 years don't expect it to now. The only options are to get insanely good or quit.

As a Ret I attest to this

People generally only want two types of melee

Tank/FC: Blood and Prot Warrior

Melee DPS: Frost DK, or geared warrior.

Rets, Enhance can just go sit in a corner and pout. :\

All in all, for PVP roll a caster or healer. If you want a plate class go with DK or Warrior. Prot pallies and Ret pallies are just so sad right now. Wish I had known before investing so much time/money on my main.

After being ret since the start of WotLK, I'm now going holy. Did try ret this expansion, but after two months I just gave up, farmed my holy gear and started out from there..

And guess what, after I got t1wep/shield as hpala - RBGs! Arena! Yes, everyone wanted me stright away, even how rusty I am at holy.. Well, holy was alot more fun than I thought atleast So I'm having a blast.

I'm also lvling a warr to go plate dps and make a oneshot macro and just get that free rating as dps x] GG
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    After being ret since the start of WotLK, I'm now going holy. Did try ret this expansion, but after two months I just gave up, farmed my holy gear and started out from there..

And guess what, after I got t1wep/shield as hpala - RBGs! Arena! Yes, everyone wanted me stright away, even how rusty I am at holy.. Well, holy was alot more fun than I thought atleast So I'm having a blast.

I'm also lvling a warr to go plate dps and make a oneshot macro and just get that free rating as dps x] GG
    Yeah, if I had time I would try Holy, I'm sure it's really fun now that they took Repent away from Ret and turned it into an amazing CC for Holy... lol. I definitely like the new talents system, I just wish it didn't have 7 former Ret abilities, 1 Holy, and 1 Prot.

Half the tree is Ret abilities: Pursuit of Justice, Long arm of the Law, Repent, Selfless Healer, Sacred Shield, Holy Avenger (Zealotry), Divine Purpose.

As for former Holy abilities... *drum roll* .... : Speed of Light
    Former Prot: Improved Hammer of Justice, now Fist.

I know that technically this sounds like a very conjectural argument, as the game has changed so much.... but sadly when you look at what is actually going on in PvP it totally holds up... Ret's weaknesses are PRECISELY lined up with the fact that we gave up so many abilities to the talent tree and Prot and Holy gave nothing.

1. Damage: we now have to pick between mediocre burst Holy Avenger or mediocre sustained Divine Purpose.
    2. We now have to pick between Repent or Imp HoJ, so even with Blinding Light our CC remains completely unimproved.
    3. Our survivability is crap because we have to pick between Selfless Healer and Sacred Shield.

As odd as it is, what seems a superficial analysis of the talent tree and bitching about only Ret abilities getting put in it, in reality turns out to be roughly true.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2012-12-10 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RetGimpkingdom View Post
    You ever see anyone on your server looking for a Ret paladin for a RBG??? It's so frustrating to play a class that nobody want's to take for RBGS! I can shout for hours in trade about RBGS but nobody responds to you! I have even see 2k arena rated ret pallies looking for RBGS with no luck! Blizzard needs to give Ret paladins some niche so they are wanted for RBGS! Arenas is okay you can get in some comps like RET/warrior/healing druid etc. but even arena is not that great! Some times i feel like leveling a warrior or mage and making those mains or some class that is wanted in RBGS and arenas, so your not avoided! Any other Ret pally feel this way?? It's so frustrating!

I feel your pain and frustration. I was you once. spamming for hours. Looking for a spot on a RBG.

Then I gave up

Until they fix ret pallies... ill be in the gym.

out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    I feel your pain and frustration. I was you once. spamming for hours. Looking for a spot on a RBG.

Then I gave up

Until they fix ret pallies... ill be in the gym.

out.
    Do you even lift?

better thing to go to Gym or i would be bad ass Fatty
    but seriously , even with a full epic gear , somehow i get like 5-10 % chance to go to RBGS and thats would be @ 5 :00 am when some ppl wanna cap , i dont like holy never played it , im retri pve-pvp from the first day
    dunno what to do , eu forums , us forums talking about the same issue , and not even a single blue post

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    Do you even lift?
    lol not as much as I would like to be

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    better thing to go to Gym or i would be bad ass Fatty
    but seriously , even with a full epic gear , somehow i get like 5-10 % chance to go to RBGS and thats would be @ 5 :00 am when some ppl wanna cap , i dont like holy never played it , im retri pve-pvp from the first day
    dunno what to do , eu forums , us forums talking about the same issue , and not even a single blue post
    Same here, been ret since I lvled him in Vanilla as my alt. Last time I played holy was in Naxx2.0 when my guild needed an extra healer, made him my main char and got to go ret when Ulduar came. Been ret ever since (Done some holy pvp back in WotLK with my IRL warrior buddy only).
    Now in MoP, I feel I'm forced to go holy to get teams for arena and RBG (Not many arena players that take a ret over DK or Warrior as plate dps.)

With that being said - holy is alot more fun now than what is was back in WotLK atleast. Insted of just running around healing, we can put out some nice burst on swaps and toss out CC. So holy isnt all that bad, but if I had the chance - I'd go back to ret anytime! But atm, I have to be holy to get RBG rating up atleast. maybe I can go Ret next season if I can get a decent RBG rating to flex with
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    With that being said - holy is alot more fun now than what is was back in WotLK atleast. Insted of just running around healing, we can put out some nice burst on swaps and toss out CC. So holy isnt all that bad, but if I had the chance - I'd go back to ret anytime! But atm, I have to be holy to get RBG rating up atleast. maybe I can go Ret next season if I can get a decent RBG rating to flex with
    Heal... in PvP? *SHUDDER*

Yea no I'd rather quit the game and go lift weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Heal... in PvP? *SHUDDER*

Yea no I'd rather quit the game and go lift weights.
    I was actually thinking the same thing, but rated PvP isnt that bad tbh.
    Randomg BGs on the other hand- ret all the way!